RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New Computer Build (HTPC Media Center) For the new T.V

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
soooo....not that anyone noticed I wasn't as active this summer, I need a few explanations  :mad:

We recently got our second gas station; however, its about 1hour 30min drive away from our home. Because the market is so low we can't really afford our new market value therefor we can't sell this house and move out there ;o

Because of that I've been staying there in an APT we rented for four days a week with my parents working and helping, and three days back at home relaxing (not to mention include driving back and forth)

My dad wants to make the place like home for us as much as possible so he walked through the door last week with a new 50something inch mitsubishi t.v with 16 speakers :x

so to make it all that much better he's letting me build an HTPC that sits below the t.v running boxee over windows and function as a computer if the need arises - and here's the parts I've ordered: (its low budget :3)

Case: Antec something with power supply

Mobo: Asus  GeForce 8200 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard (no dedicated video card in this build, but still needed something with HDMI

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition Kuma 2.8GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core Processor

HD: WD 250gb (actually its a replacement for another computer, so it'll have 1tb most likely)

Ram: Kingston 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 I forgot to look if it was dual channel ;o prob ordering a replacement

CD/DVD Burner: (until he says I can order a blu-ray drive, not like I care for one ;o) Samsung something

and a HDMI wire

Order Total     $392.33 nice and cheap, it may not be the best bang for buck as im sure 100% if I asked here i'd have a better build but I had about 20 mins to throw it together and place the order.

I'll take pics when it comes and its hooked up (if I don't just rip it open like I usually do ;o)

Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Yayyyyy Boxes (though everything BUT the processor and dvd drive came)

Case is actually better than expected. Power supply is sufficient and has good wire management.

Moboooo

Mobo Installed :3

HD

All I can say about the HD compartment is WOW. Good layout, drives are mounted sideways to allow better cooling. Also, screws are put through rubber mounts before entering the drive making it sit on four rubber mounts to keep them put.

End of day one, mobo installed, hardrive in, ram in.

Dayyyy 2. After a weekend and a day I get my second shipment of boxes. I actually rushed through opening everything so not very much a story ;o

next to the beast.

Conclusion:
Works GREAT. Onboard video does 1080i with my HDMI cable perfectly. Windows 7 loads and looks a beauty on 52 inches. Speeds are great, design fits perfectly in the T.V table.

All in all a good buy. Somethings I'd change would be a processor that doesn't get 95 watts. ;o it's an HTPC not a powerhouse so it shouldn't need to generate that much heat and power. I'd also pay attention to the ram I buy and get 2x1gb dual channel next time.

and thats itttt.
I'll write back later with software and real time info.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
soooo....not that anyone noticed I wasn't as active this summer, I need a few explanations  :mad:

We recently got our second gas station; however, its about 1hour 30min drive away from our home. Because the market is so low we can't really afford our new market value therefor we can't sell this house and move out there ;o

Because of that I've been staying there in an APT we rented for four days a week with my parents working and helping, and three days back at home relaxing (not to mention include driving back and forth)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Isn't all DDR2 dual-channel? lol

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Isn't all DDR2 dual-channel? lol

most of the 2x1gb is, this is 2gb one stick sadly. Rushed orders don't get much investigation ;o

yes holk. I wish we had a thousand like irock claims  ;9

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I thought your full name was Nouman Exxon Sunoco.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I forgot owning a gas station was a crime or relevant to your name ;o

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Chill out, man, no need to jihad all over this thread.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Do you have a detonator remote?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Do you have a detonator remote?

keyboard and mouse for now.

So far so good, except it won't recognize LOST season two episodes 1-9, but lists the rest perfectly with summery, details, and all that goooood stuff.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
So far so good, except it won't recognize LOST season two episodes 1-9, but lists the rest perfectly with summery, details, and all that goooood stuff.
From a DVD or from the hard drive? :s

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
From a DVD or from the hard drive? :s

you know ripped my dvd to the hardrive <_____________<

and I fixed it ;o
1-9 had to be 01-09 which is why 10-24 worked. two digits :3

seinfeld next.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
So what was the penultimate point of this thread?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
The Rpg Maker Resource Kit > RMRK General > Computing and Technology

just talking media center pc's :o

Rep:
Level 94
"penultimate" means second-to-last.

Rep:
Level 102
This is why you don't use big words to make yourself look smarter. You'll make yourself look dumber.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
So that leaves the ultimate point of showing off.

Rep:
Level 98
And i'm just pulling your chain nouman don't freak out and blow up the forum do something rash

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
well its not really to SHOW OFF, as much as its to show off.

just showing something I ordered and built.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Please do not double post. Edit your post whenever you need to.

:V
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:17:48 AM by ahref »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Cool
it's better than mine

mine is just a piece of metal
sometimes I think I assembled a lot of tuna cans.
Arlen is hot.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Liar. Indians are rich. In America. Wait, you live in India. Or Alaska? Or idk ._.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I live close to roph
in his heart
and i shall always remain there
as a disease.
Arlen is hot.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Is his disease heartbreak? :'(

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
GTFO of my topic >:|

One issue I found with boxee is that it won't play all the shows on Revision 3, especially diggnation ;o

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

How dare she not play all the shows on Revision 3?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I have a motherboard with the Geforece 8200, it's pretty decent. Personally I've had no trouble with it but it's not exactly the best if you're going to keep gaming on a pc for a couple years or so...but this is for a media center so I doubt you want an 8800.