RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESERVED] RMXP CMS

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
    6-Member CMS?
    July 20th, 2009

Summary
    I'd like to request a Custom Menu System for RPG Maker XP.
    It is, however, a pretty much complete redesign, but shouldn't contain any functions that are necessarily impossible to place into a menu.
    More details below the mockups.

Image Information
    (These can be changed to accommodate whatever the size of the actual windows turns out to be)
    Equipment/Skill Images: 74x94
    Face Images: 51x49

Scripts I'm Using (That may affect the menu)
    • Dargor's Large Party Script [here]and Party Changer
    • Minkoff's Sideview CBS
    • Passive Skills

Scripts I'm using that probably won't have any effect
    • Prexus' FF8 Battle Result
    • Ccoa's UMS
    • KyoTeleTrans

Features Desired
    • Pictures in Equipment and Skill information boxes (Further seen in the mockups)
    • 6 party member maximum (Pretty self-explanatory, using Dargor's Large Party for this)
    • Changeable formation (Being able to switch character positions)

Mockups
    The Main Menu and Formation Menu are the same. As are the Status and Equipment Menu.
    Spoiler for Main Menu:

The first three tabs would connect to their proper menus, and the formation tab would allow you to change party positions directly in the main menu.
    Spoiler for Item Menu:

Items would be split into the three categories, and if possible the description could auto-scroll.
    Spoiler for Status Menu:

The status menu and the equipment menu are the same. The box containing the weapons would contain whatever you are able to equip to a slot and wold not appear unless you are equipping something. The box on the right would work as the help/info box and contains a picture of the item you're equipping. It got erased by my computer, but the character's level would be displayed as L.## Next to their name (With the numbers aligned with experience)
    Spoiler for Skills Menu:

Similar to the equipment menu where the right-hand box works as the help/info box with a picture. If possible, when using healing skills, have a box appear in the blank space similar to the character box already there to display the spell's target.

Games its been in
    • Um...certain features come from Suikoden or just are generic RPG Elements. Pictures in Info boxes are mainly influenced by the Shadow Hearts games.

Did you search?
    Yes.

Where did you search?
    • Google
    • hbgames.org
    • Creation Asylum
    Because the menu's basically fully custom, it's not an easy thing to find.

What did you search for?
    • Custom Menu Systems

I realize my post count isn't 10, but as the rules said, that's more of a suggestion.
    I'm also trying to fill in a few more gaps in the plot as well as features before I start mapping out the game.[/list]
    « Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:43:22 PM by chibidestiny »

Rep:
    Level 97
    2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
    Well, it's definitely a well-designed request. I'd take it if I wasn't so busy at the moment. If nobody picks it up, then remind me about this in 2 weeks and hopefully I will have the time to do it.

I should warn you that any script I make I release to the public though, so if you want this script private you will need to find a different scripter regardless of my schedule.

Well, it's definitely a well-designed request. I'd take it if I wasn't so busy at the moment. If nobody picks it up, then remind me about this in 2 weeks and hopefully I will have the time to do it.

I should warn you that any script I make I release to the public though, so if you want this script private you will need to find a different scripter regardless of my schedule.
    Hopefully, someone will fill this before 2 weeks, but time isn't too much of an issue for me yet, as for it being public, I'm fine with it. Thank you though, if no one's filled this by that time I'll take you up on that offer.

Rep:
    Level 87
    The Leaf
    Any news on this CMS? Because honestly, this is precisely what I need as well. I'm trying to learn ruby elsewise I'd have tried it myself, but well, we'll see what happens.
    Beauty exists so that someone can tarnish it... Love exists to be lost...Innocence exists to be stolen... Souls exist to be corrupted...

I can only assume the script is being worked on at this point, 2 weeks ago I PM'ed Modern Algebra and he said he'd start working on the script after finishing another, unfortunately I haven't received any updates on it.

Rep:
    Level 97
    2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
    Yeah, it sort of is. I'm taking a break from it though to finish up some other stuff though.

Just figured I'd check on the progress of this, now that two months have passed.

Rep:
    Level 97
    I hate to say it, but I forgot all about this. I'm sorry. I want to finish this script but I don't think I will be able to get around to it for a while now that school has started. I recommend you try and find another scripter. I really am sorry.

Ah, that's fine, school has pretty much kept me from working on the game as well. I'll look for someone else when I have the time. Thanks anyway.