RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
LINUS

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Looks very nice:D nice tiles and glow's

greetzz
atiebatie99
My work isn't really good because I'm just 14
year
My English isn't really good because I'm from Netherlands

Rep:
Level 83
RPGCreation.net
This is really nice, keep it up. ;)

Rep:
Level 84
UPDATE:

More screenshots from Chapter I.

A group of noble children discuss how unwarrior-like Linus looks.

Some kid bullies Linus.

The crypts of House Milhaven. This is the first dungeon of the game.

Deeper into the catacombs.

It's not much, but yeah.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
You sir have mastered atmosphere in a 2d realm.

Feel good.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 83
RPGCreation.net
I must say I'm impressed by the new screenshots, nice job blueperiod.

Rep:
Level 84
UPDATE: CHAPTER 1 PREVIEW VIDEO

Here's a little video I put together. It's a short preview of one of the dungeons in Chapter 1. The music in the video is a first-draft of one of the songs Joerao composed for the game's soundtrack. I think it sounds pretty good, even in its early state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJj_tdt_EiM
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:03:58 PM by blueperiod »

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
"I have found the one whom my soul belongs to."
Looks really nice !

I'm downloading it right now.

@Screenshots

I really liked it, good job.

Rep:
Level 84
UPDATE:

I've decided to add a Journal System (made by the amazing modern algebra) to the game. The idea of this system is that it acts as Linus' actual diary. This means that it will feature things that a character like him (a young boy) would have in a journal-- like scribbles, drawings, bad poetry, and little random thoughts that pertain to his personality. It won't be just a simple list of facts that summarize the events of the game (like most journals are in RPGs), but will instead offer a look into Linus' mental and emotional state as the game progresses.

The following screenshots offer a view at the system with some placeholder journal entries.

The "Journal Updated" message will appear as you speak to characters, examine objects, and advance through the storyline.

At which point new entries will appear in the journal. (This entry won't appear in the final game, as the Journal won't be accessible while you play as Teign during the prologue).

I hope to use the Journal System as a way to add more personality to the main character. Hopefully it doesn't crash and burn  :)

Also, here are some screenshots of the next demo. They show more of the prologue.

A newly added scene during the events at the chateau.

Teign explores the derelict gardens of the Pale King's palace

Teign and his men in battle. I decided to give the different knights their own personal custom helmets.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:47:54 AM by blueperiod »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
You sir, have continued to master art in 2d video form.

When do you think this might be released in full?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
That's beautiful... :O

Rep:
Level 84
You sir, have continued to master art in 2d video form.

When do you think this might be released in full?

Maybe sometime in the next three years. :(

Reason being that I am incredibly lazy and the game is way too ambitious for its own good. However, I consider this a passion project of sorts and I will never give up on designing it. Even if it takes me an incredibly long time.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments! Though, honestly, I think Joy destroys me in the graphics department. :P

Rep:
Level 98
Quick question. I plan on working gradient lighting into my story, but the characters always look really out of place in it, because they weren't shaded and darkened etc with the map, so they pop out in color. How did you subvert this?

Rep:
Level 84
Well, I'm not sure if my method could work for you, but all I really did was use Kylock's Lighting System script. I didn't even make any modifications or anything. While it's not entirely perfect (some of the flames look a bit weird, as you can tell from my screenshots), it works wonders if you need to add a bit of atmosphere to you game.

Hope that helped.  :)

Rep:
Level 98
I think I want to make sweet love to you by a fireside.

Rep:
Level 98
Also, if you aren't doing it all by hand overlay then how are you getting the shaded/sepia tone overlays?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I love it when talented game makers use my scripts too; it warms my heart to see :P Keep up the good work; this looks gorgeous.

Rep:
Level 84
It's been a while, RMRK :p. I've recently hit a bit of a stride in development of this project, and I feel like I should update this thread more often.

So yes, the game isn't dead. In fact, it has gone through a bit of a graphical and gameplay-oriented overhaul. I'm now going to be using parallax mapping exclusively, and the game will now a feature a pretty robust character progression system. It will still focus on storytelling, but there will be a lot more gameplay, which was what was sorely lacking in the last demo.

Anyhow, here are some screenshots of the newest version of the project:

Also, here are a few samples of the game's original soundtrack:

http://youtu.be/PsuqujZk9CQ
http://youtu.be/pzZOoXE9rFQ

Thanks!

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
Glad to see you still work on this project. Linus is looking better and better. More gameplay is always welcome :3 And Joerao seriously makes the best music >O<)b

Can we expect a new demo anytime soon xD?
I support \\(>O<)b

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Looks beautiful LINUS. I can't wait to play!

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
I've taken interest in this game, and therefore I took the liberty of crafting you a logo! I'll PM it to you!
Good luck in your project.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.