RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2012 + 2038

Rep:
Level 82
Soul Crossblade!!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
what 2038 now too?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
I don't really. There are 2 years left before 2012, and so far we are surviving. We have water, clear air (well, some) and some plants. And personally, I don't believe global warming exists so I don't think the south and north poles would melt, and not in 2 years.

Ahh well, that's why I don't. =P

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Hi

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
2012 + 2038 = 4050

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Hi

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
2012 + 2038 = 4050
* Ko?ciuszko slowly claps

Rep:
Level 82
Soul Crossblade!!
The end of the world won't probably happen on the said dates, but if we, humans, continue to pollute and abuse our world, it would happen soon.

And the sad fact is, we ourselves lead the world towards its end.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The end of the world won't probably happen on the said dates, but if we, humans, continue to pollute and abuse our world, it would happen soon.

And the sad fact is, we ourselves lead the world towards its end.

Yer know we humans have so little evolution left in us. We've stopped adapting to our environment and started adapting our environment to fit our needs. We seem to be pretty damn good at it too, so I doubt we're going to kill our race. We may be short sighted but we're definitely not blind.
It's far more likely that we will just turn into scavengers and the world will reset its cycle of evolution from monkey to man.

It's ok. I would have stopped working on the calendar after documenting 5126 years, or 1,870,990 days, too.

Hahahaha, me too.  ;D

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Either Julius Caesar got bored of making the calendar or he died after he wrote "December 21, 2012"
Hi

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Why are you referencing Caesar

Rep:
Level 82
Soul Crossblade!!
Yer know we humans have so little evolution left in us. We've stopped adapting to our environment and started adapting our environment to fit our needs. We seem to be pretty damn good at it too, so I doubt we're going to kill our race. We may be short sighted but we're definitely not blind.
It's far more likely that we will just turn into scavengers and the world will reset its cycle of evolution from monkey to man.

Well we might not be blind about our environment around us but, very few people seem to care for it and are trying to save it, not all of us do so....

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Why are you referencing Caesar
i think he contributed to the making of the calender.
Hi

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I didn't realize that Caesar was Mayan. :V

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Caesar was Supreme Overlord of the Mayans. That's why he had to hire Che Guevara and Louis XIV to help him write the calendar out, so he could carry on his overlord duties. Christ, open a history textbook once in a while.

That's why it ends in 2012. Louis XIV had a tattoo on his left butt cheek that said 122112 and during a sponge bath he decided he'd just quit the calendar then.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Caesar was Supreme Overlord of the Mayans. That's why he had to hire Che Guevara and Louis XIV to help him write the calendar out, so he could carry on his overlord duties. Christ, open a history textbook once in a while.

That's why it ends in 2012. Louis XIV had a tattoo on his left butt cheek that said 122112 and during a sponge bath he decided he'd just quit the calendar then.

listen to this man
expert on history

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Yeah. Let me just go and open the fucking textbook I happen to own for no fucking reason. I'm not in highschool. Christ, why don't you shut the fuck up. And no, I'm not going to go and research somethings so OBVIOUSLY fucking stupid.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Kirby, we understand you're like 10 years old and you're the coolest kid in the world on this forum. We don't care. You're not even technically supposed to be allowed here as the minimum age is 13, but we don't care. So stop it.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
stop what

p.s. all the facts about me except for the fact that I'm not supposed to be here is incorrect.

p.s.s. I looked all over the forums, and no where did it say the minimum age is 13.. unless I didn't search enough. I doubt that it's not somewhere...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 07:05:56 PM by Kael »
Hi

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
The subject changed from end of the world to Arbitrary number dates to Kirby been told to shut up . . . did I miss something?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I missed it too. Lets just ignore it and make out.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
As far as I'm concerned, this topic has long been over. It turned into WAHH GRAFIKAL WAS BEING SARCASTIC AND DOESN'T READ TEXT BOOKS to "Kirby agrees because he knows everything about this entire subject because he learned it all when he was nine years old". If we could all be less dick holes, it would have been MUCH EASIER AND SAVED TIME TO WRITE LESS OF A MESSAGE from Malson like: "Caesar was Supreme Overlord of the Mayans. That's why he had to hire Che Guevara and Louis XIV to help him write the calendar out, so he could carry on his overlord duties." Christ, open a history textbook once in a while. Bam NOT A DICK, but oh hey, let's be a dick because being a dick to some one who was obviously sarcastic is cool. And then reenforcing it with Kirby's "I knew about Julius Caesar last year. When I was nine."

Ya see. I feel like, you'd have to spend the time to actually be a dick and type the rest of those sentences rather than just not typing it and actually being some sort of productive. I would know, I'm often a dick to newbies.

And no, I'm not pissed and not bitching, so I don't need smart-ass remarks. Just saying, it takes a special some one.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Uhh... I'm going to lock this now.

plus either i missed something or there was no hint of sarcasm in the post.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:15:35 PM by Kael »
Hi

Rep:
Level 84
All Hail the Motherboard.
i didnt take time to read through this whole thread, but maybe, just maybe THE MAYANS DIDNT WANT A CALENDER THAT DAMN LONG, Hell A year calender is long but they were around in 3000 something BC maybe they just thought that was enough,

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
good point, and how the hell did this topic get unlocked
Hi