RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Making a castle exterior for beginners

Poll

How did you like this beginner tutorial?

Great!
Good.
Fair.
bad.
I threw up.

Rep:
Level 90
1. Start with a new map 50 x 50. You will need a map this size to fit the moat, walls and manor. Then fill the map with green grass tiles. The green grass tile next to the thick / tall grass tiles.

2. Second, start by making a defense perimeter, like a moat, a pit, a lava stream or something like that.

3. Third, make the walls of your castle. Make sure there is room the walk between the moat and the walls.

--- Here is a good question to ask yourself, does your castle need walls? Do you want people to get up on your walls for another area to explore?
 --- Do not cut holes in the wall for your path, you will do this later.
 --- Remember there are height differences if you are making a second level of wall that people can walk on.

4. Now make the manor, which is the castle's keep. This is Where your king or land baron live.

--- Be creative, make it at least two floors and make it so you can walk around on the exterior of the second floor.
 --- Be sure to use a different wall tile for the manor just to make things look different.

5. You need guard towers. Either classic towers that you can enter or watch towers that you need to climb up ladders to get to.

6. Make other buildings and sights to see. Make an armory, make the servant quarters, make a corral for horses, a hedge maze, an archary range or a grand courtyard.

--- They do not always need to be inside of the walls or easy to find.

7. Take this time to add paths that lead from each building to a focal point or the center courtyard. Now is the time to cut holes in your walls to put the path through. Make sure to add draw bridges and stairs or ladders to get up to your towers and walls.

8. Now spice up your ground textures with things like sand, dirt, tall grass and any other tiles you need. Take this time to add the floors to the second level of your manor. Make sure to add floor tiles to your walkways as well.

9. Add details like flowers, windows, doorways, bushes, trees, shrubs, ladders for your watch towers, signs and so on.

10. Put the final details with events. Make fountains, characters, guards, animals, butterflies, smoke from chimneys and so on.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 90
Another castle.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Do you wanna see my castle?

greetz
atiebatie99
My work isn't really good because I'm just 14
year
My English isn't really good because I'm from Netherlands

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
ProTip: A trick I found to work for using more than one layer of cliffs so that the tops don't blend like they do, is to find a wall autotile that your positive you won't be using (generally if you're going medieval, you won't be using the future wall autotile) and copy the autotile cliffs that you do use overtop of that. So use one copy of the autotile to lay down the 'first' layer and then use the second copy to put it on top. They're not the same autotile so VX separates their tops while still maintaining the same face. Also, go through and use the side shadow tiles on B to throw those down since shadows don't cast on walls apparently.

Rep:
Level 90
Do you wanna see my castle?

greetz
atiebatie99

You need to match up the heights of the walls.

I still like your castle, it is a great start. You need to fill it with some more things though.

Yes I know but it's not finished I had to wrote it by my post ;D

grafikal do you have a screenie? I don't understand what you mean...
year

Rep:
Level 90
Post a screen when you're done :-)

not this week and after this week I go on vacation:D

everyone nice vacation!!!!
greetzz
atiebatie99
year