RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Mod to DBS, add states to mob select, actor graphics to battle process

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Attractive Female Member
<DBS Mod for mob state icons, damage pops and actor graphics at processing>
AKA Joy's never satisfied.
<07-13-2009>

Summary
Alrighty..hate to ask for more scripting help, but the more I look at this DBS the more I'd like to improve it. What I need done is a bit of reshuffling (which in a pinch I could do on my own), and a few new features to the DBS (which I'm nowhere near decent enough to do).

The first and hopefully easiest bit is just adding state icons to the mob targeting screen, I'm using Zifee's icon animation in the main battle window to cycle through multiple states and would like this to work in this instance as well, but it's not a huge priority, just icons will work if it has to.

Second, and there is a script for this in it's basic form by Vixotic on Rpgmakervx.net. However, it will not work on it's own with the third bit I'll explain in a bit. I need a basic damage/healing pop-up for both mobs and actors (explained more in the next paragraph). Just a number pop up with basic healing or damage color ability.

The third bit involves a major change to the battle processing window (where battle info messages appear with damage, skills, ect.). I'd like to add a window including the actor battlefaces (from a script Moogle Warrior did for me) in a row where the top of the battle message window was, also shortening the info window to two lines. The battle faces would need to be where the aforementioned damage pop-up for actors would show up on the approriate actor. I would also like the functionality to flash the image when that actor is hit or attacks and drop the opacity when the actor has fallen. This window would only be active during damage/skill processing.

Let me know if anyone might be willing to give this a shot, I think it would really add some shine to the battle system in OotM.

Features Desired
  • Display a line of battle faces for actors during the battle processing phase (when you get all the damage messages)
  • Shortening of the battle processing info box o two lines
  • Damage pops for faces (There exists a script by Vixotic on RPGVX.net for mob damage pops, but it does not have the functionality to do this part)
  • Flashing of actor face bars when attacking or taking damage, opacity change for fallen actors
  • Adjustment of enemy target select screen to include state icons. I'm currently using a script by Zifee for animating icons in order to cycle between multiple applied states, I'd like to be able to have this on mobs as well, but won't pitch a fit if it's too much of a pain.

Mockups

How my main screen currently looks. I'm using zifee's icon animation and a custom snippet Moogle Warrior whipped up for the face display, included below images.

A mock-up of how I'd like the select target screen to look, only change here is that it displays the mob's status effects.

The big one, this illustrates the kind of setup I'd like, with damage/healing pops on both mobs battlers and on the correct face for actors. The battle info window would be reduced to two lines.

Current Scripts

Spoiler for Animated Icons by Ziifee:
Code: [Select]
=begin ************************************************************************
  * State Icon Animation Ver2.00
      Actor states will animate and cycle through multiple icons rather
      than display a limited amount.

Script by ziifee
=end # ************************************************************************

module StateAnime
  # * Settings
  NOR = 0             # "Normal" state icon. Use icon index number from Iconset.
  SPE = 50            # Icon change speed. (1 second = 60)
end

#==============================================================================
# ? StateIcons

class StateIcons
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # ? ??????????
  attr_reader   :x                        # X ??
  attr_reader   :y                        # Y ??
  attr_reader   :bitmap                   # ?????? (??????)
  # ? ?????????
  def initialize(icons, x, y, bitmap)
    @icons  = icons.empty? ? [0] : icons
    @x , @y = x , y
    @bitmap = bitmap
    @index  = 0
  end
  # ? ?????????????????
  def change?
    return true if @icons.size > 1
    return false
  end
  # ? ???????
  def icon
    icon = @icons[@index]
    @index = (@index + 1) % @icons.size
    return icon
  end
  # ? ??
  def dispose
    @bitmap.dispose
  end
end

# ? Window_Base

class Window_Base
  # ? ?????????
  alias :stateanime_initialize :initialize
  def initialize(x, y, width, height)
    stateanime_initialize(x, y, width, height)
    @stateanime_new   = true
    @stateanime_set   = []
    @stateanime_count = 0
  end
  # ? ??
  alias :stateanime_dispose :dispose
  def dispose
    stateanime_dispose
    for state in @stateanime_set do state.dispose end
  end
  # ? ???????????
  def clear_stateanime
    for state in @stateanime_set do state.dispose end
    @stateanime_new   = false
    @stateanime_set   = []
    @stateanime_count = 0
  end
  # ? ??????????????
  #     obj : ???????????????
  def draw_stateanime(obj, setting = false)
    return if not obj.change? and not setting
    self.contents.clear_rect(obj.x, obj.y, 24, 24)
    self.contents.blt(obj.x, obj.y, obj.bitmap, Rect.new(0, 0, 24, 24))
    draw_icon(obj.icon, obj.x, obj.y)
  end
  # ? ??????
  alias :stateanime_update :update
  def update
    stateanime_update
    unless @stateanime_set.empty?
      @stateanime_count += 1
      if @stateanime_count % StateAnime::SPE == 0
        @stateanime_new = true unless @stateanime_new
        for obj in @stateanime_set do draw_stateanime(obj) end
      end
    end
  end
  # ? ??????? ??
  def draw_actor_state(actor, x, y, dummy_width = 24)
    clear_stateanime if @stateanime_new
    icons = []
    for state in actor.states
      icons.push(state.icon_index) if state.icon_index > 0
    end
    if icons.empty?
      return if StateAnime::NOR <= 0 # ? ????????
      icons.push(StateAnime::NOR)
    end
    icons.uniq!
    bitmap   = Bitmap.new(24, 24)
    src_rect = Rect.new(x, y, 24, 24)
    bitmap.blt(0, 0, self.contents, src_rect)
    obj = StateIcons.new(icons, x, y, bitmap)
    @stateanime_set.push(obj)
    draw_stateanime(obj, true)
  end
end

Spoiler for Custom Battle Faces by Moogle Warrior:
Code: [Select]
# Extremely Specialized Battle Face Script, by Moogle Warrior
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# This script adds character face graphics to Window_BattleStatus, at the
# cost of the status display.
#
# To use, simply install the script under Materials, and place character
# face images (at 112 x 24 or less, though it won't get cut off if they're
# bigger) in a subfolder in "Graphics" (named "Battle Faces" by default).
# To change the name of the folder to check, see line 50.
#
# Image names should be a three-digit number corresponding to the character's
# ID in the database (i.e. "001.png" for the first database slot).
#
# NOTE: The script will return an error if it can't find the requested image.
# This is normal RGSS behavior. Please make sure images are in their
# proper place before testing! wink.gif
class Window_BattleStatus
def draw_item(index)
rect = item_rect(index)
rect.x += 4
rect.width -= 8
self.contents.clear_rect(rect)
self.contents.font.color = normal_color
actor = $game_party.members[index]
draw_actor_bface(actor.id, 0, rect.y)
draw_actor_name(actor, 142, rect.y)
    draw_actor_state(actor, 114, rect.y, 48)
draw_actor_hp(actor, 210, rect.y, 90)
draw_actor_mp(actor, 310, rect.y, 70)
end
def draw_actor_bface(id, x, y)
bitmap = Cache.bface(id)
self.contents.blt(x, y, bitmap, bitmap.rect)
end
end
# Slight cache extension
module Cache
def self.id_to_name(id)
if id < 10
filename = "00" + id.to_s
elsif id < 100
filename = "0" + id.to_s
end
return filename
end
def self.bface(id)
filename = id_to_name(id)
# The directory in which the face graphics are stored
load_bitmap("Graphics/Battle Faces/", filename)
end
end

Games its been in
  • None that I can think of, but battle damage pop ups is ancient.

Did you search?
Yup

Where did you search?
  • google
  • rmrk
  • rpgmakervx.net

What did you search for?
  • CBS
  • State Icons Enemy
  • Display actor graphic battle

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
As much as I generally dislike battle systems, I think I will do this, but maybe only in parts. I'm going away Wednesday, so I might not finish.

Rep:
Level 85
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Attractive Female Member
Thank you so much! just let me know if you need any other information from me.

I need to add a cameo for you in OotM...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
haha, not at all :P

Can you post in this topic on Sunday so that I can remember to do this once I get back?

Rep:
Level 85

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, here is the Enemy States script: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33840.0.html

If you want them to be private, just ask. I will usually only take a request if I can release it publicly however. If you would like it to be private, then I will take it down and you can still use it, but I probably won't fulfill the rest of the request.

Rep:
Level 85
Nah, I'm not greedy, anyone who wants to can use this stuff so long as it's okay with you.

Tried it out..works like a damned charm, even the animation is perfect. You as -so- the man.

Rep:
Level 97
Thanks, I'm glad it worked. It was the easy part of the request :)

Rep:
Level 85
It is now Sunday so I'm posting in here as requested.

Oh..and I realized I was a little vague on the damage update. If possible I'd like the numerical data to only show as a damage pop up and get rid of the whole "Actor01 did xxx damage" in the message window. Seems a little redundant.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 03:31:56 PM by joy »

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, thanks for the reminder. I've started working on them but I also have a couple other projects on the go, so I might be a little slow. Hopefully you should see phase 1 by next week.

Rep:
Level 85
Totally awesome. Thanks again for taking this man.

Rep:
Level 97
Hey joy, sorry for taking so long with this request. I just finished a major project, however, meaning I only have one other major scripting project ahead of me that will take up my time, and part of that is making a damage popup, so that should be done soon.

That being said, my aunt has fallen sick, so I wont be working on anything for the next few days while I go up to visit her.

Rep:
Level 85
Not an issue man, I know these things come up.

Hope your aunt gets better.

Rep:
Level 97
Damage Popup script is now done - http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,34323.0.html

When I make the rest of your request, I will make sure that it is compatible and shows up on the actor faces.

Rep:
Level 85
Whee..bump

Getting something cool ready for the forum...any chance the last bit of this might happen?

Rep:
Level 97
Shoot, I forgot again. If I can find the time, I'll try to start writing it today.

Rep:
Level 85
Hey Mod, I ran into a lil problem when implementing your ATS. Figured I'd post it here in case it'd be easier to remedy it with the last bit of this script or not..

Anyways, the issue is that I've resized my default textboxes to be smaller than usual, and that has affected battle message size as well:

How the text boxes look normally.

What happens to battle message, doesn't look too nice since my backgrounds end at the normal window height.

Just wondering what might fix this.

Rep:
Level 85
Just checking in. Wanting to put out a technical demo here pretty soon, just need this last bit on the scripting side.

Rep:
Level 97
OK, I'm sorry I'm so tardy. I haven't forgotten about you. I'm going away until the 18, though, but I will do this edit before Christmas. If I don't, you can scold me. Again, really sorry about the tardiness of all this.

Rep:
Level 85
It's alright, it's a fairly minor thing compared to what you've already done for the project. I'll be releasing a tech demo soonish, kinda a christmas gift to who've been waiting on this project.

Rep:
Level 85
Any chance of the last part happening? trying to reboot this project and get out a tech demo.

Rep:
Level 97
Sure. I thought you were gone so I let it go, but I will get back to work on it now that you're back. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow. Otherwise, probably not until the weekend.

Rep:
Level 85
Any update on this?