RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] [Event] Woodcutting with Levels

Rep:
Level 83
Woodcutting
with levels.
Author: Sartory
Date: 7/12/09

Description

Has the same woodcutting events as Grafikal, but I added common events to give the demo the ability to implement levels and modify how much exp is needed to level up.  This way you can base tree restrictions on levels instead of exp, and the player is notified when they are able to cut new trees.  I personally prefer levels as it is a much cleaner system, though a bit more complex.  To be honest it gives people something to work for, receiving a level up event at level 2(Just an example) is much more satistfying than just reaching 50 exp.  No offense to anyone who enjoys just using exp.

Requirements:

4 global variables
1 axe item, and a log item for each tree
2 common events
Graphics for each tree

Features

* Moderately easy setup
    * Can set unique respawn timer for every event
    * Can set unique exp gain for every event
    * Level system
    * Can set unique exp requirement for each level
    * Can surpass level exp requirement and still level while maintaining exp.

Instructions

There are detailed comments in the common events. Every tree event is exactly the same as Grafikal006's except for the commands to call my common events.

Credit

* Grafikal006(Tree graphics and the actual tree events)
    * Sartory(Common events)

Author's Notes

I spent the whole day trying to figure these events out, but I'm glad I did.  This system is applicable to any skill, just change the text in the common events to fit your skill.

Variables Used:

Variables: 050-053
050: WC success randomizer
051: WC exp
052 WC level
053: WC exp storage

Switches Used:
None anymore!  8)

Common Events Used:
WC level up, WC exp fix

Demo

Demo is attached
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:57:34 PM by modern algebra »
Shadow Resistance - My first VX game.

Mapping - 60% done
Eventing - 33% done
Scripting - 47% done
Plot - 72% done
Database - 12% done

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33686.0.html

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Don't I already have one of these with levels? lol, I don't even remember, I made a lot of these. Thanks for it if I haven't done it already :P   

Looks like a bit of an event system less than a tutorial so I'll move it there :)

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks, I didn't know if it would be classified as an event system or a tutorial  :-\ .  And I was fishing around but from all your VX woodcutting tutorials and events systems I couldn't find one with levels, just ones based on exp.
Shadow Resistance - My first VX game.

Mapping - 60% done
Eventing - 33% done
Scripting - 47% done
Plot - 72% done
Database - 12% done

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33686.0.html

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Your right, I did do one with just the EXP. I hadn't implemented levels and stuff. So nice job :)