RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Project Z

Rep:
Level 85
The worlds ends on 21/12/12, where will you be?
*UPDATE* 10/10/09

Hi all,

Sorry, i haven't been able to do much work lately, had lots of school coursework to do :(

BUT to show we haven't given up heres the sort of intro, remember though its not finished we still have somethings to tweak.

For e.g.
the cars wheels don't move
the main character is robbing the shop in a Porsche 
the ending is very...'cheesey' but we had to end it for now

So here it is :D
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P6P1EWS0

Enjoy and comment please
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 01:12:19 PM by pookinator »

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Come on guys... The intro's been uploaded for a week, and its had 2 downloads? Is anyone even interested in this game anymore?  :'(

For those that are, here's a preview of the USP, the gun you'll be using in the demo when we finally release one...

Spoiler for:

Its not finished, the arm doesn't move, and the gun changes hand on the side view, but those are probably not going to be fixed for the demo. Oh, and for the hard-core Project Z fans out there, you might have noticed the lack of chains and rips on the trousers...

And for the ones who have low bandwidth, or the ones are just too lazy, to download the game, we've uploaded the intro cutscene, BUT, I've never tried uploading video to photobucket, so it might not work at all, and the video itself isn't as good quality, so if you can, download the .exe in the first post. Otherwise...
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
ahh sorry!
I dll'd it when you put it up
I like it alot!
it looks very good so far!
Keep up the great work!

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Er, sorry guys, I've lost a bit of interest in this, possibly the same way other people have lost interest in mine.
Hi

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Thanks for the comment knightzero!

To answer your question, all we did was make the design for the trophies and make all the switches and variables, then all you do is show picture when the requirement is met.

kindamajorbump but if I may be of assistance, I wrote a script a few months ago that takes care of storing and tracking achievements for you, and you wouldn't have to do any more work than what you just posted there ;0

check it out sometime if you're interested: NAM's Achievement Logger v1.01

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
Thanks for that Namkcor, we were trying to find a script that would make it quicker and easier to make the trophies :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 12:09:05 AM by pookinator »

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
plz finish this,im beggin u
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 85
HI!

Just wanted to share the christmas spirit with a virtual christmas card :)

Merry Christmas to you all  :tpg:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I LOVE YOU, TEAM PROJECT Z :tpg:

Er um er, A very merry holiday to you as well :)

*UPDATE* 9/01/2010

First update of the New Year! A load of new screenshots for you guys, for starters...

Spoiler for:

Testing out an AMS for the tutorial.

The Upstairs of the house as you first find it.

Shots of the brand new forest. (yes, another one) The only thing not edited, or completely custom made are the trees. Oh, and there are many, many mapping errors in the forest, but, like most things, its not finished.

The full, yet half finished, map of the forest, although we may expand it in the future.

... And some ABS sprites...

Spoiler for:

The finished USP sprite.

A staple weapon of the apocalypse, the AK-47
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 02:47:43 PM by Dasginger »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
very nice looking : D

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Looks cool lol
This is one to watch, the characters look cool and all

UPDATE (09/05/10)

Ok, our first update since January... Sorry we haven't been more active, but we've been getting ready for our exams in a few weeks.
We do however, have loads of stuff for you guys, so...

Zombies
We scrapped the old zombies, in favour of a more realistic look
Spoiler for:

And to make gameplay a little harder, we added zombies where the infection has completely taken over its host

ABS Sprites
We've done alot more work on the characters animations
Spoiler for:

There are a few new sprites in there, like the knife, defend and running animations

New Screenshots
And of course, the tileset spriting and mapping update
Spoiler for:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Oooh, new sprites are looking awesome...the guns and new zombies are just fantastic! My only complaint would be that the gash on the zombie girl's arm looks raised on some views. And how does that knife animation look without the little fwish lines? They look a bit out of place. And the streets look a bit odd - the perspective doesn't quite line up. Maybe if you tweak it a bit to match the buildings?

But other than that, the spriting is really improved. Those HKCP sprites are just loverly *_*

Rep:
Level 76
MEC Team Lead
Wow, really cool sprite work!
Looking forward to seeing the finished product for sure.