RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Lufia II scripts.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Hey!
I'm new. Don't hate me :(

Lufia II CBS
Today's date is the 18th of June

Summary
Hoping for a Custom Battle System similar to that of Lufia II for RPG Maker VX

Features Desired
  • View-From-Behind animations after commands are issued (can this be solved by making the sprites animations?)
  • Set commands for all four players (or three, or two or one, depending on the number of people in the party) before attacks are performed [see Figure 1.0 and 1.1]
  • Cross-hair like battle commands (more details below) [see Figure 1.0 and 1.1]
  • Cross-hair: "UP-Magic, DOWN-Item/Ikari Point Attacks, LEFT-Items, RIGHT-Defend, MIDDLE-Attack" Battle System [seen in both Fig. 1.0 and 1.1]

Mockups

Figure 1.0 (the "Cross-hair" is the battle command menu in the centre)

Figure 1.1 shows the Cross-hair, and how I would like characters to be viewed.
Basically, I want my battle screen to look like Figure 1.1. Like, an exact copy.
xD

Games its been in
  • Lufia II (Estopolis II, Lufia Rise Of the Sinistrals)
  • Please, do not mistake for Lufia I!!

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • Google
  • This site

What did you search for?
  • Lufia II CBS
  • Lufia II
  • Lufia II Battle
  • Lufia 2 CBS
  • Lufia 2
  • Lufia 2 Battle
  • Lufia CBS
  • Lufia
  • Lufia Battle
  • Lufia II CBS
  • Lufia II RPG Maker
  • Lufia II VX

I'm also looking for the speech bubbles that appear when you're talking to someone, whether it be in a town or a dungeon :)

Thanks guys :)
If anyone can provide me with these, you'll be in the credits for sure!!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:54:44 AM by GENOCIDEGeorge »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I fix'd your youtube video so it would display.

Also::

Features Desired
View-From-Behind after commands are issued
This already exists as a battle addon. I don't believe that the sprites or battlers that are displayed are animated, but you can get the view.

EDIT:: I didn't look for this, but the one that I had a while back was interchangeable between battlers or sprite graphics. The sprites you could use any angle, so left, right, back, front, whatever. I assume you'd use the back view. However, they weren't animated like the video.

Features Desired
Set commands for all four players (or three, or two or one, depending on the number of people in the party) before attacks are performed see Figure 1.0
Uhhhhhh....... VX already does this........

EDIT:: Yeah, VX totally already does this.

Features Desired
Cross-hair like battle commands [see Figure 1.0]
This exists as a small battle addon, I've had it in the past, I'll take a quick look to find it again. It's not hard to find.

EDIT:: My bad, but it's not based on Lufia 2 but rather Breath of Fire. I just remembered about a cross hair menu, which this is, however it's not centered, it's either left or right justified. You could probably make a request at the site I'm about to link or here or both, and see if you can get a simple fix to just remove the other information and keep the crosshair and center it.
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18178&hl=Lufia

Features Desired
"UP-Magic, DOWN-IP Attacks, LEFT-Items, RIGHT-Defend, MIDDLE-Attack" Battle System
Read my last response, as that crosshair menu is replicated after Lufia 2 so it is the same.

Also:: Just if you haven't found it yet or if you're even interested, here's a CMS from Lufia 2.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,31952.0.html
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:30:38 AM by grafikal009 »

OK, here goes x3

Are the "View From Behind" and "Set commands before animations" commands available like those of Lufia II? If possible, I would like them to be as close as can be. :)

And thanks for the cross-hair thingy, i can't wait :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:26:12 AM by GENOCIDEGeorge »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I edited my last post with stuff.

x3 I need to sign up to that site ?

Oh, and I already have the CMS, thanks :)

Should I request the centered Cross-Hair thingy on this thread?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
You'll have to do a quick registration with that site if you want to post, yes.

You could just ask for a request to tweak the cross hair script to however you'd like it I suppose. I would suggest to post in the script creator's thread first since it is his script. However, the topic is fairly old and wouldn't bare much of a response. I also know, though, that our scripters like to do their own work instead of modify the works of others for good reason. So either way would be a stretch if you don't know how to do it yourself, but it doesn't hurt to ask ~ as long as you follow forum rules, which you have been so I don't think there's any problems there or anything.

Hey!
Sorry, just need clarification, but how do you do the thing for "set commands before attacks" thing so that they are in the box thingy, like in the video?

EDIT: Sorry about the double post guys, I thought this site had post merge, it obviously doesn't :(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:50:59 PM by GENOCIDEGeorge »

Okay, here's some more stuff that you should read.
lol.

I want my battle screen to look like Figure 1.1 :)
I also want my characters to switch into a View-From-Behind stance, then attack, after the commands have been issued, like in Figure 1.0
Also, I'd like someone to alter this script so that pressing down will take you to the "Ikari/Item points" menu, also so that you must press the action button to enter the crosshair menu, otherwise the "3 vertical blocks" menu shown as soon as the battle starts and before the Attack/Spell/Defend/Ikari Points menu appears in the video is there (Down = escape and Up = change battle order)
I know, that's really confusing, but if you know Lufia II than you know what I'm talking about, and as I have no skills whatsoever with scripting, and currently have no time to learn how to do so, I fail.