RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Visions & Voices

Rep:
Level 88

They said I'd die. They said  I'd die and go to heaven.
But no - that was not enough for me. I didn't want to die. I wanted to live.
In my fear of death, I lost sight of myself and everything I held dear. I made the wrong choice and everyone but me paid the price. But now, with all the things I have learned...I would make things right again. I would correct my mistake and return everything to the way it was before. Dear God...I no longer expect to enter heaven's pearly gates. But please, let me ask for one last favor, one final prayer, if You will.

Ten days, God. Let my body hold out for just ten more days, so I can redeem myself...

Visions & Voices is an exploration-based RPG set in the Montfort village. One man, the Wanderer, has decided to brave the village and figure out what is going on - why the people are vanishing, and why those who don't are going insane.

This version is an overhaul of the original release three months prior. While the first version of Visions & Voices was created in three weeks' time, the game has been revisited for an extreme overhaul of the aspect system, progression, story layout and difficulty/balance. New content has been added as well - just in case the superbosses aren't enough, there are several new 'uberbosses' hidden in new dungeons.

Enter the village, if you dare - but who are you do stop the apotheosis of a madman?

Features
-Five to ten hours of exploration-based gameplay
-Recruitable allies to find unique skills for
-Fast active-time battles with a unique personality aspect system for stats
-A dark setting with a story told out in a nontraditional manner
-Difficulty settings and the ability to customize the Wanderer - and even play solo
-Many unique weapons and other pieces of equipment to find, steal and kill for
-Talk to your allies with new conversations every day
-Five distinct endings and intelligent interaction that recognizes your accomplishments

P.S. Full credits are found within the in-game help menu, but a quick shout-out to Mac (tiles/characters), milano_cat (monsters), Danny Schneidemesser (final boss track) and Enu/Mr. Bubble (battle system and translation) is due.

DOWNLOAD VISIONS & VOICES
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:36:19 AM by modern algebra »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Hey guys, this game is better than yours most likely, so try it out!

that's a bit egotistical for someone with mapping as empty and lifeless as yours.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Well, it's not great, but it could be a lot worse. I wouldn't call it lifeless in any case. The interior is OK at least.

In any case, the premise sounds interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Actually, I don't want to try cause of his first impression :(
That's too bad.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yes, people who don't realize how poorly sarcasm translates into text are to be disliked.

Rep:
Level 88
I really just needed something to say after this was in the New Projects forum for several weeks without being seen by a mod. Aggression always gets something out of people!

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Yes, people who don't realize how poorly sarcasm translates into text are to be disliked.

On another note, i'll give it a shot.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 90
Craze was smart, because now he has people talking.

Now I am going to call you all poop eating turkeys that cannot map and will never amount to anything in life.

Oh and Craze, you can thank me for the posts that I am sure to get about my Craz(y) post. Keep people talking and it keeps your post at the top.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Not really smart. Only person that said they'd try it was Anksi. I'm still not going to try it.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Why was this locked?

To whoever locked it: It's still a project whether the author comes off as an asshole to you or no.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I didn't. I didn't know it was either ._. I still posted in it >_> but I guess that goes with modding this place I suppose.

Rep:
Level 90
It was only locked because it was moved to a new forum.

Hey if I ask a question will someone else post an answer to bump it?
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Visions and voices isn't a bad game at all, and CRAZE just usually talks like that in a joking manner so please don't take it seriously C:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Jokingly or not, It's quite sad, as it gives a bad impression of him for many. On a side note; I like the maps in this.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
lol awesome and funny game
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 88
Funny? Do you like watching short women die?

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
dude,i didn't get far in the game,i dunno anyone dies dude, i just found the comedy bits funny
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 88
A complete overhaul of this game is being performed. A different stat system, a new form of battle-based progression and a few new dungeons will be completed sometime within the next few weeks. Keep your eye out for a new and improved (and much more balanced!) Visions & Voices!

Rep:
Level 88
I just wanted to say that this is progressing extremely well. Almost everything is implemented for the idea of newfound balance, and I've been testing stuff out. Karsuman is writing some more dialogue for the additions and soon I'll be mapping out some more areas as well as adding new items to find.

If you hang out in RMN's IRC channel (irc.dynastynet.net; #rpgmaker.net) you'll most likely be around when we release the pre-re-release version of the game for testing. Even though Karsuman and I will finish the Overhaul fairly soon, WIP is doing some awesome stuff with us to spearhead new functionality for the RMN gamepage system. When that's done, the V&V Overhaul will be released to the public.

I know I'm excited. One of the best RM* games is going to be done with less than two months total development time - that's pretty crazy.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
You're pretty confident.

Rep:
Level 88

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Haha Craze, you know how to get your projects known, don't you? Sneaky tactics you have there. :tpg:

Rep:
Level 88
Pre-pre-re-release testing went extraordinarily well. The game is now officially REBALANCED! Skills are much more useful, bosses are tough, the final fight is epic as can be and flow of the game has been improved via the ripple effect. Many other changes are in place too - more direction has been added to the game and the main story exploration streamlined.

Right now, Karsuman and I are working on new content (ONLY, finally). We're adding some quests/secondary goals to the game to help people new to the exploration/non-linear RPG genre find stuff to do, including a fish hunt and a way to summon even greater power in the final boss (bragging rights, yay!). Oh that's right, BRAGGING. I've been helping WIP with RMN Achievements - VX games will connect to the RMN server as you play and update your progress in collecting achievements. Doing so will increase your Makerscore, in turn giving you more lockerspace (free webspace).

Progress is going extremely well. The fully re-realized Visions & Voices will be available in a week or two, depending on how long it takes to finalize achievements. It's going smoothly, though - again, I can't wait.

New screenshots:

Rep:
Level 88
There are not going to be Achievements in Visions & Voices. WIP wants to make sure that they are perfect before public implementation but it might take longer than Karsuman and I would like.

As such, the game is going to go out very soon, most likely within the week. Karsuman has a lot of classes Tu-Th, but we'll finalize it regardless.

I can't wait for all of you to be able to play the (re-?)final version of V&V - it's balanced, polished, and has all bugs that we could find fixed.

Stay tuned - the release is sooner than you now.

Rep:
Level 88
The complete Overhaul version of Visions & Voices is now released. The game has had some serious renovations and, really, the only vestige of the original version is the basic plot and the world itself. Everything else is better.

Who are you to investigate the village?

(Also, that filter on RMRK posts is stupid as hell)

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
1)this game is awesome

2) that filter was for Talk like a Pirate Day! and for some reason it didn't change back to the normal text...
Hi

Rep:
Level 97
yeah, posts edited while there is a filter will save the post as if the text was intended. It's really lame. It broke several of my scripts when the filter that every "l" was changed to "r" was on. I don't remember what the filtered words were since I wasn't on that day, but I can see if I can find a list and fix the post for Craze.

EDIT::

There, hopefully that fixed stuff :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 02:35:42 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you, m_a. You're great.  :-*