RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] The Soul Taker (Prolouge & chapter 1)

Rep:
Level 83
I just love cats!
                        The Soul Taker
The Soul Taker, the master of all souls, stood at the edge of a cliff on the starless night. The cliff stood above a lake, The Lake of Souls. He gathered newly released souls from this lake. But for the last few nights there had been intruders of the lake. Two children, a big boy and a young girl. Tonight was the night the Soul Taker was going to teach them to go out alone...
            Chapter 1- The Stalker
Cy and Kate were going to explore their new home today. They had bought a cottage in the middle of nowhere and it took ages to drive here from Algate. But this was the countryside, not a big city close to a castle like Algate. It was a chance to explore forests full of mystery and the ruins atop the cliff. Pebble, their older sister, disagreed with exploring until they found a safe place to play in. Today was the first day Cy and Kate were going to explore. They entered the forest full of bushy trees. Cy ran, but Kate was too clever. A little way in, Kate had to heave Cy out of a bush of thorns.
  "I need more bandages than the time I broke my leg for this..." muttered Cy.
   Kate sighed and pulled out a pack of bandages. Cy snatched them and began to patch himself up. A shadowy figure dashed from bush to bush. Kate stopped and gasped.
  "What was that? It was big... But quick," said Kate.
The shadowy figure raised out of the trees and Cy gasped and Kate yelled.

TO BE CONTINUED...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:51:08 AM by boe »

Rep:
Level 83
I just love cats!
A massive dragon stood before them, roaring in anger. Kate ran at it and jumped. She grabbed the dragon's head and hauled herself up onto its back. "Cy! Quick, get onto the dragon!" yelled Kate. Cy jumped higher than Kate and got up faster. The dragon hissed and took off. Being on a dragon was like riding a horse, except it's bumpier and the wind is rushing past you. Then the dragon dived straight towards a cliff.