RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Vampyr SBABS

Rep:
Level 84
All Hail the Motherboard.
Np brosky.

I dont think there will be an update for a couple weeks or so, i mean with the new net gaming script and all

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Nice script :D but i get the same error as Ko?ciuszko

Spoiler for:
Can someone help me?

I copied the scripts over to my game in the correct order, from the demo. Whenever I test play it though it gives me this error:
Script "Vampyr Keyboard" line 299: Runtime Error occurred.
GetProcAddress: InputInitialize or InputInitializeA

This is line 220, exactly as it is in the demo and in my game:
 InputInitialize = Win32API.new("Input", 'InputInitialize', 'LLLLLL', '')

And just in case, here are some of the preceding and following lines:
Code: [Select]
Code:
module Input

@time = Array.new(256, 0)
  @press = Array.new(256, false)
  @trigger = Array.new(256, false)
  @repeat = Array.new(256, false)
  @release = Array.new(256, false)
  @dirs = [0, 0]

InputInitialize = Win32API.new("Input", 'InputInitialize', 'LLLLLL', '')
  InputUpdate = Win32API.new("Input", 'InputUpdate', '', '')

InputInitialize.call(@time.object_id, @press.object_id, @trigger.object_id,
  @repeat.object_id,  @release.object_id, @dirs.object_id)

I don't script and have no clue what that error means, would really appreciate any help, thanks.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:26:06 PM by atiebatie99 »
My work isn't really good because I'm just 14
year
My English isn't really good because I'm from Netherlands

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I just built my game on top of the demo because I could never find out how to fix that.

So what!? maybe can MA or Grafikal help...
So can somebody help!?

greetzz
atiebatie99
year

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I've never looked at the script, but is there a dll included in the demo? Possibly named Input.dll - it would likely be in the main folder of the demo. If there is, you would need to put that in your new game folder.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I've never looked at the script, but is there a dll included in the demo? Possibly named Input.dll - it would likely be in the main folder of the demo. If there is, you would need to put that in your new game folder.

Oh shiet you're right Modern, awesome and thanks. :)

Rep:
Level 84
Oh Sorry Guys, I was looking up the error because I had never gotten it before. I built my game ontop of the Demo but yes i suppose Input Dll Will do it.

Tnx guys  :D but how can I that (I thin a catterpillar script ???) erase it that the party you follow?

greetzz
atiebatie99
year

Rep:
Level 84
Well I got your pm, sorry I hadnt looked at this sooner.

I know you may want to turn off the catepillar script, but that means you want only one party member Correct? Because if the party members arent following then they arent fighting, in which case they're almost useless. but if you dont want anyone following the main character go to

Press F9 Or Open Your Database> Go to the System Tab > In the System Tab where it Says Intial Party - at the top left, Delete the characters that you dont want following your main character

tnx for fast RE.
But I didn't mean that, I want just all members but not in the map only in the menu and to switch with the players...

greetz
atiebatie99

year

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I think I know what you mean.. If you got the very last version of the SBABS script (nammed Vampyr SBABS), in the script named "Vampyr SBABS" (in the Script Editor), you're suppose to have at line 29 (if you didn't modified the script), something like that :
Code: [Select]
# Use Squad battle?
USE_SBABS = true

Just turn it to False, it will turn off the squad battle, so you'll have all your member in the party, but they will not fight (I think). I didn't tried it out, but I think that's what you want.

Tell me if you need more help.

Raphie123  :blizj:

tnx but it didn't work... tried out and it didn't work:(

greetz
atiebatie99
year

Rep:
Level 84
Sorry Atie I dont think its possible to do that then...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I can't understand you, but if you're asking if you can have teammates follow you without attacking everything insight at certain points, just find a catapillar script and turn it ON and the ABS OFF (with the HUD on) whenever you don't want them to attack. Then switch them back to opposite and stuff. In theory it would work, don't know if it will though. No, I don't have a link to a catapillar script at the moment either, sorryyy

just like this... ;D
I made it in to parts...
year

Rep:
Level 84
I understood what you were saying, but im not sure how to do that lol, I just dont think you can do that with this script...

damn :(

and one of the other versions?

greetzz
atiebatie99
year

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Would it be possible to have it display a different HUD graphic set if a different switch was set on? So take for example, HUD1 is assigned to the default Switch 10, and then HUD2 is set to Switch 11. Turn off 10 and turn on 11 and it now displays the different graphics.

Without digging into the main script, anyone know of a way you could do this?

Rep:
Level 84
You dont touch the script at all, just go to the System folder of your Project Files and the Replace the HUD Images with the ones you want, they have to have the same name of course.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
You dont touch the script at all, just go to the System folder of your Project Files and the Replace the HUD Images with the ones you want, they have to have the same name of course.

No I realize that, but is there a way to have two sets of HUD graphics for different parts of the a game?
Take for example, you have two playable characters and each have a different HUD.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Rep:
Level 82
site down.
Actually, no. Site's up. Wrong site link, though. It's at http://vampyrcoders.net
Of course, no one has said that Vlad updated his site. Well, now I have. Download the new SBABS 12 there.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Ah, very cool. Well whenever he puts his SBAS back up on that new hosted site I hope we get an update.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
it's there, under list of scripts

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
O_O I must've missed it the first time. I was looking in the obvious place - where there was a link directly to the SBABS (except not). lol