RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Thomas Edison VX

Rep:
Level 83
Thomas Edison VX
Author: BulletXt (bulletxt@gmail.com)
Version: 0.1
Original credit goes to Kylock

This script is an enhanced version of the well known Light Effects written from Kylock. I decided to pick it up, fix some things and add some new important features. The most important one is that you can enable/disable a light through a switch call based on its type. For example you can make all FIRE lights go on/off with a switch, and with another switch make all GROUND lights go on/off. There are also new lights, for a total of 12. The script is also smart when using KGC Day Night system! When it's day, the lights keep off and when it's night they automatically go on! Instructions are inside the script.

IMPORTANT: if you are already using Light Effect VX script, you can simply replace it with this one. Your lights will still work!

Example screenshot:
[size="3"]

Download Demo: [/size]
here
If you directly want the script and the light picture needed, you can get them: here and here

Cheers,
BulletXt

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
Why dosen't this work for me?

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
In the script you put:
You can make a specific light type turn off/on by turning
one of the following switches id ON/off. By default, the switches are off so
the lights will show. Of course, turning all switches to ON will make all
light types go off.

I've been playing around but im new to all this scripting stuff, so can you tell me what to put in the event box to make the lights turn off?
So you got RMVX, started a random game, have no clue what you are going to do, made a few screens and then made a topic of some random project with no direction whatsoever?

Your gonna become one fine game developer one day!

Rep:
Level 83
In the script you put:
You can make a specific light type turn off/on by turning
one of the following switches id ON/off. By default, the switches are off so
the lights will show. Of course, turning all switches to ON will make all
light types go off.

I've been playing around but im new to all this scripting stuff, so can you tell me what to put in the event box to make the lights turn off?

Please download the demo so you can see it on your own. It's easier this way rather than me explaining here through words.
If you are new to VX and making scripts work, this isn't the right thread to ask help about it :)

Sk8r Boi
Rep:
Level 83
Skater's Handy Fox
Don't worry after playing around a little I finally got it. Thanks, this is going to go good with my game. Too bad I'm not
using the night and day script you were talking about, I did the most complicated thing and made my own. Good thing
I did, my mini games would have been messed up.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Y <3 ?
Silver - GIAW 11 (Normal)
Hey BulletXt, I have a slight problem with the light system... I have four torches in a really dark cavern, the torches all look very grainny and real off; do you know if its just my settings or something or what?

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:51:16 AM by grafikal »
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1352/

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Grainy? I can't say that the torches look grainy, but if anything it would be because of the background the image is on. Perhaps that rocky cliff background that the light is on top of makes it appear that way. I've never had a problem with how it looked. Also, if you did any kind of editing to the picture of the light, then perhaps the color settings or quality of the image was reduced. Either way, the screenshot doesn't look bad at all. I think you're seeing things lol.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Y <3 ?
Silver - GIAW 11 (Normal)
LOL, I prolly am just seeing things then.  XD
Thanks grafikal, you made me laugh for the first time tonight.  :)  <3
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1352/

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The screenshot looks grainy because it's saved a a jpeg. Save your screenshots as .png :]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
The screenshot looks grainy because it's saved a a jpeg. Save your screenshots as .png :]

Yep, it might be this too. I just figured Kitten was talkin' about in game. :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Sick script! Very handy. How do I attach it to a main character so its like he has a torch? ??? I tried making it an item but nothing happens even afte I save and relode the game, Maybe I did something wrong... Otherwise it works great. :)
Mutualy mentaly molested children of a mother!

Rep:
Level 83
RPGCreation.net
This is amazing, thanks for sharing. :D

Rep:
Level 83
WOW, this is realy neat!
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Sick script! Very handy. How do I attach it to a main character so its like he has a torch? ??? I tried making it an item but nothing happens even afte I save and relode the game, Maybe I did something wrong... Otherwise it works great. :)

After I used variables to attach it to the players position as he moves and set the le picture to the player what do I do to add the lighting type, when I add the comment the light comes from the event I used to set the variables?Should I post this message in the script help forums if no ones going to help me? whats the link for that atleast?
Mutualy mentaly molested children of a mother!

Rep: +0/-0Level 80
RMRK Junior
I'm not a scripting genius but I had a thought, did you try having your torch call the script like the lights do?  Then, if you have it targeted on the co-ordinates of the player, all you have to do is make it so the person has to use a torch, and boom, light comes on.

just a thought, hopefully helpful.
If you add me to Yahoo, make sure you mention who you are or expect hell!
-------

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Does this work with XP?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No. Very few scripts will work with both. I think there is one for XP though. Maybe Rataime made it?

Rep:
Level 69
When I use "change_daynight_phase (2, 1, 1)" I changed it to night but when you bring up menu,
it reverts it back to its original state and cancels the change.
How do I fix this?

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
Yuri Queen
Is this script compatible with VXA? Or is there a VXA version? This was easily one of my favorite VX scripts and I miss it dearly now that I've upgraded to VXA.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:12:57 PM by TimeLadyKatie »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
No. It seems some difference in even location determination implications has changed since VX 1.0.

I'm no scripter (that is a fact that makes me cry myself to sleep) but I think it wouldn't be all that difficulty to port it over, as it seems to almost work. The lights just aren't in the correct place.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
This was asked at one point before (on the VXAN site) and somebody (a scripter at that) was quick to point out that another similar script exists. It seems that the larger problem with Ace isn't getting new scripts; it's getting scripters to consider looking back on their old scripts and porting them over.

Maybe due to the incompatibility between the Ruby Code versions?

In any case, if you can't find somebody to convert the TE script, you could check out the following:

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/8589-csca-light-effects/
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/435-ve-light-effects/

The problem with VE's script, is oftentimes they are not compatible with other scripters and require you to use only his scripts to work (not sure if that's the case with his light effects script or not).

Personally CSCA's comes close, if not quite as advanced. I haven't used either of these, but I'd check out the CSCA script first and see if it meets your needs.

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
Yuri Queen
Thanks, it looks (at least at a glance) that CSCA should be compatible with most other codes, though I'm just a fledgling scripter so I might be mistaken. I'm a little disappointed it isn't incorporated into a Day/Night system like TEVX was, but if I adopt a Day/Night script, basing a patch off the old TEVX script should be within my ability.