RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[YERD] Common Event Menu

Rep:
Level 84
Common Event Menu
Last Update: 2009.06.12
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
Similar to the Common Event Shop, the Common Event Menu lets you create your menus to list various common event options. Now, you don't have to use all of those obnoxiously tedious Show Choice branches and conditional branches just to let the player get somewhere in range.

This script lets you create your own generated common event menus with ease. Set the style of the menu, the nature of the menu, and the contents of the menu. Afterwards, set the switches (if required) for the common events to even appear, any pictures to go along with it, and descriptions on what the common event can do for the player.

Screenshots

Script
Click here to view the main script.

Instructions
There's a few screenshots included to explain functionality.

---------

Launching your common event menu is pretty easy (once you've got everything set up). All you have to do is to set the variable you've bound to CE_MENU_VARIABLE to whatever menu ID you wish to launch. From there, everything works on its own.

---------

Inside the newly appeared menu is a listing of all of the common events the menu will show. The player can then select any of the items and a common event will launch from that. On the side are the optional picture and description you may give the player.

---------

Setting up the common events can be done in the CE_MENU_ITEMS hash. To make a common event require a switch, change the "nil" portion to the switch number required. The common events can also have pictures associated with it if the set picture isn't defined as nil. Along with the pictures are descriptions explaining what the common events do (or whatever else you would like the description to say). To make a line break, all you have to do is add a | to the string value.

There are more instructions inside the script regarding CE_MENU_ITEMS.

---------

Setting up your menus is a little different. However, if you've used Common Event Shop, you'll find out that this is very familiar. The menu's contents can be created inside along with a style set, whether or not the player can cancel out of the menu, and the title to go along with the menu itself.

There are more instructions inside the script regarding CE_MENU_HASH.

---------

Of the styles you may choose, here is a small showcase to display the various kinds.
Spoiler for "Click here to view styles.":

---------

I hope all of you eventers out there enjoy what little this script can offer for you!

---------
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THESE SCRIPTS, REVIEW THE TROUBLESHOOTING PAGE FIRST!

Compatibility
- Most likely no compatibility problems.
Please report any compatibility issues and I'll try my best to fix them.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- Just based off of the Common Event Shop.

Originally Found Here: Here
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
O-M-G

My mind exploded.

I.love.this.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
A Good Heart starts with a Good Mind.
Nice!I may give it a try because I loved your other works. ;D

Rep:
Level 82
 :epic: Hehe!! It's awesome!! :epic:

Look at this!!

stupid spam video that has nothing to do with ANYTHING

PS I'm Polish!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:11:53 PM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 81
sorry for necropost, but the link to the script is broken.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
There's nolonger any support for ReDux. However, Yanfly has rewritten most of them as Yanfly Engine Melody. I don't know if this was one of them. Take a look.

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
This script is converted into the Main Menu Melody, which makes it easy to add other scripts into the menu as well as common events.

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep:
Level 81
thank you guys.
super fast replies here.

Rep:
Level 81
First i wanted to use KGC_CustomMenuCommand, but this looks much nicer.
Sadly this script does not work for me.
all standard menu commands and the ones created with this one spit out an error:
Script 'YEM Main Menu Melody': ArgumentError occured.
wrong number of arguments(0 for 1)

External scenes, that where added with this script work fine though.
Anyway, I just wanted to ask, if there is a way of adding one of this awesome common-event-menu-commands( :o), without
having the script controlling the whole menu stuff.
thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 08:45:32 PM by rofl1337 »

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
I don't know about scripting details, but I can troubleshoot pretty well... First of all, make sure you're aware of what scripts you have that affect the menu scene, next try altering the positions of said scripts in relation to each other. Another possibility is an incorrect configuration. It's probably not forgetting a comma, that'd be a syntax error... M_A made a nice tutorial about it too, found here

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep:
Level 81
I dont know why and it doesnt really make any sense, but putting it below EVERY single script made it work.

However now it is not possible to call external scenes...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:47:39 AM by rofl1337 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, it probably is that you have another script that modifies the menu so bad stuff happens. Particularly if you have a script that would normally add itself to the menu and put it below, then it will mess stuff up. So, putting it below is good, then try setting up the other script through YEM Menu's custom command setup.

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
Link is broken... :'(