RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[YERD] Enemy Level Control

Rep:
Level 84
Enemy Level Control
Last Update: 2009.06.10
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
I actually rewrote this script three times just to make sure I'm doing things right, and to ensure enemy levels would be a bit more manageable. Oh well... I didn't like the enemy leveling scripts out there that would require you to set the stats for an enemy to be at level 100 and then calculate the level stats as a percentage from that. It felt a bit too unnatural and would essentially mean that from level 1 to level 2, enemies would double in stats and the increase from there would feel for lower. This script allows you to adjust all of the level aspects for the enemy including the minimum and maximum levels, the individual stat growths, and special traits they can earn after reaching x levels.

For those that would like enemies to grow a little bit here and there in stats or otherwise, this script will allow for such possibilities. Enemies will adjust their stats based on your party's levels. The stat growth can include a set amount per level as well as a percentile amount (of the base stats) per level. Also, functionality of "Party Level" under the enemy action lists is now changed to reflect the enemy's current level instead of party's.

Also, note that Display Scanned Enemy has been updated with this script to show enemy level in the upper left window.

Screenshots

Script
Click here to view the main script.

Instructions
There’s a few things to go through so I’ll post some screenshots.

———

Of the basic things to learn, you can set the growth rates for the enemies inside their noteboxes. By default, the enemies will have a growth rate of +10% MaxHP and MaxMP per level and +5% for the other stats. You can change this inside the module, but we'll get to that later. Enemies will originally match their levels at the start of battle with the party's average level (you can change this later). They can also have a maximum and minimum level which will prevent them from getting stronger or weaker past a certain point.

<match highest level>, <match average level>, <match lowest level>
This will determine the ruleset on how the enemy matches the party's level. By the script's default setting, it will be adjusted to meet the party's average level. If any of the above tags exist in the enemy's notebox, the enemy will match their level to that setting instead.

<level max x> <level min x>
If these tags exist, they will set predetermined max and minimum levels to x. If this tag does not exist, minimum level will be 1 and maximum level will be 99 or whatever maximum level you've defined.

<level set x>
This will force the enemy to be exactly level x. If you use any max/min level adjustment tags, this tag will cease proper functionality.

<level mod +x> or <level mod -x>
This will adjust the enemy's level by x in comparison to the party's defined level. For insance, if an enemy has <level mod +5>, then the enemy will always be 5 levels above the party's average level (unless the enemy hits max level).

<growth stat +x> or <growth stat +x%>
This will adjust the stat increase per level for the enemy. "stat" needs to be replaced by maxhp, maxmp, atk, def, spi, agi. If there is a percentage included in the tag, it will raise the stat by a percentage of the base stats instead of a set amount. You may use the set and percentile tags together. To adjust the experience and gold boost, input exp and gold respectively.

The following are items you may change inside the module:

MAX_LEVEL
This is the highest level your enemies can ever be. No exceptions.

LEVEL_MATCH
This is their default method of adjusting their levels at the start of battle.
0 - Default adjustment will match the lowest level in the party.
1 - Default adjustment will match the average level in the party.
2 - Default adjustment will match the highest level in the party.

GROWTH_STAT
This will determine the default percentile growth for all enemies. If enemies have a percentile growth stat inside their notebox, this default percentile will be ignored.

———

There now exists new skill effects that can change the enemy's levels. Note that these effects will not affect actors but only enemies as their tags suggest. This will cause the targetted enemies to fluctuate in level as well as lower their stats. However, enemies with <level lock> will not be affected by this change in levels.

<change enemy level +x>
This causes the skill to affect the enemy's level by x amount. Use "+" for a positive effect and "-" for a negative effect. This will not affect actors. Enemies with <level lock> will not be affected by this change.

<reset level>
This causes the skill to reset the target enemy's level back to what it originally was relative to the party's highest level member. This occurs before any enemy level changes if the same skill changes enemy levels.

———

Enemies can also have unique traits tailored to them after they reach higher levels. They can now possess the unique and interesting traits that were originally limited to just actors instead. This adds another level of depth for enemies after they reach new levels.

<super guard level x>
<fast attack level x>
<dual attack level x>
<prevent cri level x>
<half mp level x>
The above add extra traits to the enemies after they have reached level x. They give the enemies the same functionality they would normally give actors.

---------
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THESE SCRIPTS, REVIEW THE TROUBLESHOOTING PAGE FIRST!

Compatibility
- Not compatible with anything else that adjusts enemy levels.
- Compatible with KGC Battle Difficulty!
Please report any compatibility issues and I'll try my best to fix them.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- Not FF8, I swear.

Originally Found Here: Here
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Finally someone wrote a customizable enemy level growth script for VX. It looks like it takes a fair amount of time to set up, and even more to balance, but you are right - all of the other growth scripts I've come across are practically unuseable because they are impossible to balance.

Nice work. You have such good ideas for scripts  :D

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
Hello, sorry to bother you, but this is a ooold post and the link is broken, is there somewhere else to find this script? Seems quite interesting!
Thanks for your time ^^

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, you can find links to all Yanfly's script in the Pockethouse Scripts thread.

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
Thanks Boss, i will go right now^^

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
this is awesome ill use it in my game for sure iv been looking for one :blizj: :zwink:

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience