RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project Natal - Microsoft's Answer to the Wii

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
That seems pretty cool. Though it's also kind of creepy. I don't know how sensitive it can really be, though. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I really hope Nintendo wasn't planning on talking about Wii Motion Plus at their conference.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Jesus Christ.

Wow, i'm speechless at that, if that's how the final product is going to be. That quiz show game looks incredible. Seem's slightly impractical having no controller though =/

Still, could be some kick-ass games made with this.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
That's the one thing about the Wii that I wish was worked on more. There is no 1:1 motion sensing. If Microsoft can pull this off, I'd buy one.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I'm going to it one just so I can play Skate like that.

Rep:
Level 102
That's the one thing about the Wii that I wish was worked on more. There is no 1:1 motion sensing. If Microsoft can pull this off, I'd buy one.
That's what Wii Motion Plus is.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Who cares if Wii had better motion sensing? They haven't released a good game since Mario Kart.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
If developers can't develop good games for the Wii Remote, I doubt they'll be able to develop good games for the Natal. If they're able to, that's great. But I don't see any reason this would be different.

The Wii trailers were mind blowing, but look at it now.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This is kind of like saying the Wii's controller was Nintendos answer to the Eyetoy.

Which it wasn't.

And this isn't the answer to the Wii.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
If it works out well I'll thoroughly enjoy screwing up other peoples' games by standing behind them and waving my hands around.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
If it works out well I'll thoroughly enjoy screwing up other peoples' games by standing behind them and waving my hands around.
lol

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol

thats what I thought, if you're racing what stops you from fucking the other person up.
NOW if it has facial and body recognition, this will be sweet.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'd assume it would have body recognition. It said it had facial recognition.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I read somewhere that they expect this to cost $200 LOL isn't that the price of a wii system?
sucks for someone without an xbox already, that + this ontop unless they begin to include it into the system (doubtful)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Yeah, there is no way Microsoft is going to include this with the Xbox lol

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
If developers can't develop good games for the Wii Remote, I doubt they'll be able to develop good games for the Natal. If they're able to, that's great. But I don't see any reason this would be different.

The Wii trailers were mind blowing, but look at it now.

Agreed, but there are some games wiht great motion sensing. I heard Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and World and War have great motion sensing.
It's not Nintendo's fault devs can't develop for it. Every first party game I've played had great IR.

I can't see a lot of games working for this the way they did for the Wii. This is totally different, the sccer thing looks sweet, but having to flail you arms and stomp up and down could really take away from the fun. The wiimote is a much better controller, but this has much better motion sensing.
Having to play a racing game pretending to use a steering wheel seems really uncomfortable, it looks like a hassle to have to move your whole body too. I don't play my Wii because I want to be active or be 'in the the game', I just like being able use motion sensing because it makes it easier for me to play certain games. Using IR for a cursor instead of an analog stick is much nicer.
Who knows though, it could be amazing.

I agree with anski here. But whatever you say about the wiimote, you don't have to get up off your ass you play a game. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's more comfortable that way.  ;9

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
When I watched the trailer for the first time, I thought: What the hell. This is unbelievable. But after some research by reading comments on youtube, watching more movies, it came to me that this was far from perfect.

The motion doesn't really work (as showed in that movie up there) and the voice recognition does'nt work AT ALL. If you've seen the 'Milo' footage, you think it's going to be all you'll ever need. But half of that movie is a trick. Milo doesn't know you, Milo can't hear what you say, Milo can't define emotions. It's one big trick.
(Milo footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYYonyqHIoc)

So if they're going to do what they promise, it's going to be awesome. For now: NOT frightened.

- 

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

Milo looks interesting, and it's Peter Molyneux! So you know it's going to be just like he explained it.

I agre with that last part, if it's real, it's going to be really incredible....

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Just coming in to say, "WELL BAM, THERE IT IS!"  ;8