RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Integrated Reserve Party

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
thanks! it works perfectly.  ;8

EDIT: just 1 more question, i'm also using your quest journa script v 1.1.
when ever i test my game, i open the 'Quest' menu everything is fine, until i pressed my escape button, to go to the previous menu, an error pop up and it says

"Script Diary v 1.0 line 832 ArgumentError occured.
comparison of string with 4 failed"

is it related to this party script?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 03:59:24 AM by duckput »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No, the Diary and Quest Journal scripts are just incompatible when both are used in the menu. It's not hard to fix, you just need to do a little replacing. It's a fairly simple thing to make them compatible though. All you really need to do is go into the diary script, find the line that says:

Code: [Select]
elsif menu_index >= Data_DiaryEntries::MENU_INDEX

and replace it with:

elsif menu_index.is_a? (Integer) && menu_index >= Data_DiaryEntries::MENU_INDEX

RMRK Junior
it did fix some problems, but when i go to the quest menu and press my esc button to go back to the previous menu, another error popped up saying:

Script 'Integrated Reserve Party' line 686: ArgumentError occurred.
comparison of String with 5 failed.

Help... (again)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Is the Integrated Reserve Party above both the Diary and the Quest Journal in the Script Editor? Try that.

RMRK Junior
I never thought about placing it in different orders.
Anyway the script is already on top of every other scripts, but I got it everything to work by placing the party script below every other scripts
woohoo ;8

your scripts are awesome btw.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
This reminds me of Mario RPG! That game freezes for me every time I beat johney so I can't beat it >:( 

:dwi:

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
I don't understand how to put this in my game can anyone help me?

Rep:
Level 75
Just paste it in the script editor below Material but above Main o:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
@ Grafikal009: Just about the same for me :)
I just wanted to say that I really appreciate these scripts, this one in particular is probably my favorite. It works nicely since I like making many characters to switch out and use. :D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:34:50 PM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I was playing with your script and I noticed that the reserve party does not gain exp. Although this is fine for me, I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Rep:
Level 97
They do as long as the PARTY_CHANGE_RESERVE_EXP_PERCENT constant isn't set to 0. It is probably an incompatibility with another script though. Maybe one that overwrites levelup stuff or a different battle script.

Rep:
Level 97
I wrote an addon that will allow you to lock an actor to a position, so that he or she cannot be shifted around at all. It is useful, for instance, if you want the main character to always be the lead actor.

#==============================================================================
#    Lock Position
#      Addon to Integrated Reserve Party 1.0d
#    Version: 1.0
#    Author: modern algebra (rmrk.net)
#    Date: December 23, 2010
#++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#  Description:

#    This addon allows you to lock an actor to the position they are in. This
#   is useful if you always need a particular actor to be in the lead.
#  Instructions:
#
#    Place this script in its own slot above Main but below the Integrated
#   Reserve Party script in the Script Editor.
#
#    To lock an actor in position, place the following code in a Script command:
#
#        lock_position (actor_id)
#          actor_id : the ID of the actor you want to lock.
#
#    To unlock, use the following code:
#
#        unlock_position (actor_id)
#          actor_id : the ID of the actor you want to unlock.
#
#    To set what icon will be shown for actors who are locked in position, go
#   to line xx and choose the icon index.

IRP_LOCK_POSITION_ICON_INDEX = 81

# ** Game Actor
#  Summary of Changes:
#    new accessor instance variable - position_locked
#    aliased method - setup

class Game_Actor
  #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  # * Public Instance Variables
  attr_accessor :irp_position_locked
  # * Setup
  #     actor_id : actor ID
  alias ma_resrvlock_stup_8hg3 setup
  def setup (*args)
    @irp_position_locked = false
    # Run Original Method
    ma_resrvlock_stup_8hg3 (*args)
  end
end

# ** Game_Interpreter
#  Summary of Changes:
#    new method - lock_position, unlock_position

class Game_Interpreter
  # * Lock Position
  def lock_position (actor_id)
    $game_actors[actor_id].irp_position_locked = true
    $game_party.ma_lock_party (actor_id)
  end
  # * Unlock Position
  def unlock_position (actor_id)
    $game_actors[actor_id].irp_position_locked = false
    $game_party.ma_unlock_party (actor_id)
  end
end

# ** Window_MenuStatus
#  Summary of Changes:
#    aliased method - refresh

class Window_MenuStatus
  # * Refresh
  alias malbra_lckposton_refrsh_7yv4 refresh
  def refresh (*args)
    malbra_lckposton_refrsh_7yv4 (*args) # Run Original Method
    ($game_party.members + $game_party.ma_reserve_members).each { |actor|
      next unless actor.irp_position_locked
      rect = Rect.new (self.contents.width - 32, actor.index*96 + 8, 24, 24)
      self.contents.clear_rect (rect)
      draw_icon (IRP_LOCK_POSITION_ICON_INDEX, rect.x, rect.y)
    }
  end
end 

# ** Scene_Menu
#  Summary of Changes:
#    aliased methods - ma_select_active; ma_select_reserve

class Scene_Menu
  # * Select Active
  alias mara_slctact_lockpos_6uc1 ma_select_active
  def ma_select_active (index, *args)
    if $game_party.members[index] && $game_party.members[index].irp_position_locked
      Sound.play_buzzer
      return
    end
    mara_slctact_lockpos_6uc1 (index, *args) # Run Original Method
  end
  # * Select Reserve
  alias mara_slctres_lockpos_2ef3 ma_select_reserve
  def ma_select_reserve (index, *args)
    if $game_party.members[index] && $game_party.members[index].irp_position_locked
      Sound.play_buzzer
      return
    end
    mara_slctres_lockpos_2ef3 (index, *args) # Run Original Method
  end
end

The actor will need to be in the position that you want him or her to be in before you lock it. I probably should have added the function to specify a position to lock him or her to, but I kind of grew tired of looking at how terrible I used to be at scripting :P In any case, you want to do it at the start of the game so it shouldn't be a problem. Even if you want to do it midgame or something, it isn't too hard to rearrange the party manually first using the Change Party Member event command.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
This may have been answered but:

- How would I call this via an npc interaction?
- How would I exclude - not lock - specific actors out so they don't appear?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
To have this called by an NPC... I think you can change the maximum of the reserve with this command: "change_reserve_maximum (new_maximum)" to make it look like the reserve is not there by setting it to "0", then call the command and change it via your NPC scene. I'll have to test that out. :) I don't know about the other question yet, I'll look around the script.

*EDIT* If you want the actor to be excluded and return by event, you could always make them leave the party with normal eventing and make them rejoin with eventing, but do not "initialize" them when they return. Is that what you mean? :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:35:25 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Sorry I got this mixed up with a party switcher script. >_> doesnt look like this is what I wanted. but nice script

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think MA has a seperate party script as well. I'll check it out and PM you if it helps your request. Sound good? :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
They do as long as the PARTY_CHANGE_RESERVE_EXP_PERCENT constant isn't set to 0. It is probably an incompatibility with another script though. Maybe one that overwrites levelup stuff or a different battle script.

That's probably exactly what happened. No big deal, I'll just make an arena or something in the game, haha.

Rep:
Level 82
This doesn't seem to work. Could it be Yanfly now uses a Main Menu Melody instead of a Scene Menu Redux? I have tried both compatability patches. Now I will go looking for help.

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Im using zeriab caterpillar with this script. the caterpillar only refreshes if i swap the actor 1. is there any way to always refresh the caterpilar when i switch the party members?

It doesnt work with Full Status CMS...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:10:53 PM by Mr G W »

Rep:
Level 97
No, well it was never ever intended to work with any custom menu systems - after all, something can really only be integrated when you have knowledge of what you are integrating it with. That said, I can do something about the Caterpillar script, but I am fairly busy at the moment and I might forget. Maybe you can remind me by PM if I haven't done this by this time next week?

RMRK Junior
Sure, no prob.

EDIT: The caterpillar script also doesnt refresh if i place multiple actors in the reserve. the first gets removed and the others stay following. In other works, it doesnt always refresh.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:50:39 PM by Mr G W »

RMRK Junior
Theres a bug where even if you set a minimum active number, you can still place party members in the reserve party by selecting the first empty space in the reserve party. The second empty slot and so on work fine.

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
Founder of Electronic Curse 2011
Wonderful script you have there. I tested it and it works fine. :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
Founder of Electronic Curse 2011
I love this script, and I definently recommend it to anyone. But Algebra? Quick question, does this work with Full Status CMS?