RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Integrated Reserve Party

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Y <3 ?
Silver - GIAW 11 (Normal)
Hmm... Sounds extremely nice, however I just have one question:
Is there any way to get the reserve party to work while you are in combat? Example being:

I have 4 members in my part, 2 die in a boss fight, I wish to replace them with my other 2 surviving reserve party members I have sitting off to the side.

Any way I could get that to work in this or it could be added as an option? (Please keep in mind, I have just barely started writing simple scripts, nothing extravagant like this yet...)  :/

Thank you so much for your time! :)
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1352/

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Dammit, I can't believe I haven't noticed this one:

Sorry for the necro Lateish? post.

But this one needed congratulating upon.

Damn good job, MA.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Thanks KitKatKan :)

Hmm... Sounds extremely nice, however I just have one question:
Is there any way to get the reserve party to work while you are in combat? Example being:

I have 4 members in my part, 2 die in a boss fight, I wish to replace them with my other 2 surviving reserve party members I have sitting off to the side.

Any way I could get that to work in this or it could be added as an option? (Please keep in mind, I have just barely started writing simple scripts, nothing extravagant like this yet...)  :/

Thank you so much for your time! :)

There is no way currently - I usually don't touch battle stuff since so many people use custom battle systems, but I will maybe write an addon to allow what you have suggested at some point in the future. I have a lot to do right now, but I will add it to the queue (don't expect it for a long time, though).

Y <3 ?
Silver - GIAW 11 (Normal)
There's no problem at all! :)
It was just a question on if it could be done, thank you very much though for answering my question.   :)
Oh! BTW, many many props on this thing... Very cool! :)

Thanks,
Kitten2021
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1352/

Okay, I got it working! Though now, I am actually curious, is there anyway that you can lock a character in a specific order? For example, would I be able to lock Actor 1 to slot #1? So they're always at the head of the party?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I don't have that functionality built in, sorry.

I could add it, but I sort of figured it was pretty useless.

This script looks like it was exactly what i needed; thanks!  ;8

I was wondering, though: in the game i'm making, inns work differently than in the regular RMVX set-up. I'm making it so that you can rent out an actual room, where you can heal and switch out party members, who would actually be in the room, able to be talked to and such. Do you know how i could do that?

Rep:
Level 97
Yes, but you wouldn't need this script for it. With eventing it will be enough. ( though if you want to be able to see them in the menu you would need the script. You could lock all positions though, so you can't do any switching, but it'd be a little ugly)

All you need to do is keep track of who is accessible at any given time (turn a switch on when you add those characters)

Then, in the Inn, make a bunch of events which are conditioned on their respective switches. If the switch is turned ON, they will show up. Then in the process of the event, just put in the option to add them to the main party.

Oh, alright. Thanks anyway!

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
This script is amazing it saved me a lot of time and effort of making a party system on my own. I was wondering though if you could make a way to lock an actor to a slot. Like the guy said before to lock actor 001 to slot 1. I need it to do that because it screws up my cutscenes if they switch around the party.

Rep:
Level 97
umm, yeah - I'll add that feature soon. Probably later today.

EDIT:: Alright, maybe not today. Too much work. But soon!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:40:59 AM by modern algebra »

umm, yeah - I'll add that feature soon. Probably later today.

EDIT:: Alright, maybe not today. Too much work. But soon!

Im sorry i don't want to seem like im pushing or anything. I just wanted to know how this was coming along? or if you decided just to not do it

Excelent script. Just have one question:
Is there a way to check if an actor is in the Reserve party using a Conditional Branch? That'd be useful.

Also, found a small compatibility issue, dunno if you'd want to look into it. Trying to change the Slots (Yanfly's Equip Skill Slots script) of a character in Reserve crashes the game.
"Line 2109. NoMethodError. Undefined method ` skills' for nil:NilClass"

Thanks for the awesome script anyway. Keep on the good work.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Great script was just wondering how you might make it so that it doesnt activate until a certain
point in the game?

ie. until you recieve a certain item or meet a certain character?

It's probably pretty simple but i've just started with scripting so i'm a bit clueless still at the moment lol

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
RMRK Junior
I have the modern algebra party changer script that allows u to have an active party and a reserve party and u can change them up right from the menu. I also have the atoa materia script. This is my problem. When I change the materia of my active party, everything is fine, but it's when I try to change the materia of my reserve party that I get an error and my game crashes. It's bc the materia script does not recognise the extra actors in the menu and cannot process what to do with them. I need sum1 to take a look at it and see if they can figure out how to get the script to read the extra actors, and if not then to pls find a way to prohibit any use of the menu on reserve characters so that if you want to change their equipment or materia u need to bring them into the active party first. I hope sum1 can help me out. Thnx.

Rep:
Level 97
Can you link me to this materia script you're using?

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Firstly: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,24342.0.html. Read number 2 please.

Your lucky Falcon hasn't come back yet :)

Secondly: I believe his using http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=7769.

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, try pasting this below the two scripts but still above Main.

Code: [Select]
class Scene_MateriaEquip
  #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  # * Start Processing
  alias malg_matirpcomp_iniz_7uj3 initialize
  def initialize (*args)
    $game_party.ma_return_reserve_members = true
    malg_matirpcomp_iniz_7uj3 (*args)
    $game_party.ma_return_reserve_members = false
  end
  # * Update Weapon Select
  alias modal_irpmatria_updwpn_6yh4 update_weapon_select
  def update_weapon_select (*args)
    $game_party.ma_return_reserve_members = true
    modal_irpmatria_updwpn_6yh4 (*args) # Run Original Method
    $game_party.ma_return_reserve_members = false
  end
end

It might not work if you've been messing around with things, but it did when I tested.

Also, the IRP must be below Materia, but it sounds like you've already done that.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Is there a Melody version of the Redux patch, or some other workaround? Because Melody changes all the Refresh stuff around.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Great Job!  ;)
Thanks a lot....I've used this script...
but since I downloaded the demo,  do I need to add the bug fixes?
I haven't found any error and I'm also using Yanfly script.

Rep:
Level 75
The IRP SMR Compatibility Patch is for Scene Menu ReDux users, if you're not using it, there's no point in adding it.

EDIT: Also, this is the party changer script of my dreams, I love you forever unicorn algebra ~
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 07:58:59 PM by heisenman »

Rep:
Level 97
haha, thanks.

Rep:
Level 75
Ok, I found kind of a discrepancy. Not a bug or anything though.
When there's at least one party member in reserve, the dark rectangle is permanent, before, during and after using the party management.
However, when you have all your reserve slots empty, there's no dark rectangle before you use this function, and after you use it, it's not disposed, it stays there until you select a new scene.
Doesn't it make more sense that if there's not a rectangle before, there shouldn't be one after?

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
i have a problem,
its a compability issue.

your awesome script and another of your awesome script.

this script and Diary 1.0
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,35059.msg423257.html#msg423257

link to diary 1.0 by modern algebra.

Help...   :'(

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, well go to line 780 of the Diary script and replace all of this:

#==============================================================================
# ** Window_Command
#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#  Summary of Changes:
#    new instance variable - ma_disabled_commands
#    aliased method - initialize, draw_item

class Window_Command
  # * Public Instance Variable
  attr_reader :ma_disabled_commands
  # * Initialize
  #     width      : window width
  #     commands   : command string array
  #     column_max : digit count (if 2 or more, horizontal selection)
  #     row_max    : row count (0: match command count)
  #     spacing    : blank space when items are arrange horizontally
  alias mdrbra_intgrte_prtychng_menu_init_74b2 initialize
  def initialize(*args)
    # Initialize new instance variable
    @ma_disabled_commands = []
    # Run Original Method
    mdrbra_intgrte_prtychng_menu_init_74b2 (*args)
  end
  # * Draw Item
  #     index   : item number
  #     enabled : enabled flag. When false, draw semi-transparently
  alias mrnalr_prtchng_intgrtin_menu_drw_itm_6gb3 draw_item
  def draw_item (index, enabled = true)
    # Run Original Method
    mrnalr_prtchng_intgrtin_menu_drw_itm_6gb3 (index, enabled)
    enabled ? @ma_disabled_commands.delete (index) : @ma_disabled_commands.push (index)
  end
end

with this:

# ** Window_Command
#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#  Summary of Changes:
#    new instance variable - ma_disabled_commands
#    aliased method - initialize, draw_item

class Window_Command
  # * Public Instance Variable
  attr_reader :ma_disabled_commands
  # * Object Initialization
  alias mdrbra_dryinit_6yh1 initialize
  def initialize(*args)
    # Initialize new instance variable
    @ma_disabled_commands = []
    # Run Original Method
    mdrbra_dryinit_6yh1 (*args)
  end
  # * Draw Item
  #     index   : item number
  #     enabled : enabled flag. When false, draw semi-transparently
  alias mrnalr_pdiary_draw_itm_5ty1 draw_item
  def draw_item (index, enabled = true, *args)
    # Run Original Method
    mrnalr_pdiary_draw_itm_5ty1 (index, enabled, *args)
    enabled ? @ma_disabled_commands.delete (index) : @ma_disabled_commands.push (index)
  end
end

You could also just delete it altogether and not replace it with anything, but then if you ever took the IRP out you'd have to replace it.