RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Integrated Reserve Party

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No, it wouldn't.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
@modern algebra

Hey it's been a while since I used RPG Maker VX and I remembered that I was using this script. How do you change the maximum number of party members?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Go to Game_Party and alter the MAX_MEMBERS constant.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
@Modern Algebra
Is there any way to call a window in-battle to show the reserve party? I was looking to have a member-swap system just liuke ffx. How could I do this?

Rep:
Level 65
As I already see necroposting in here I will post. Nobody knows if i can see the reserve party members with YEZ to YEM Status Biography? That would be very awesome and give it a Fire emblem touch to the game. I'll test an edit this post later. Not to offend but I see this script much simpler than the one from Pacman.

EDIT: I tried to use both and this worked :D! I'm going to use this on my game haha, is something like golden sun.

ModernAlgebra the lock position addon works also with your Change Party Order script? i like having the option of change them without the menu, an with the caterpillar my charas look very funny
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:41:29 AM by oriceles »

Rep:
Level 67
Eternal Newbie
It's simpler but is only compatible as long as you don't use anything that modifies that status screen. I believe the Yanfly script you want to use pulls up its own scene, so it shouldn't be a problem.

My problem is that I am using MA's CMS, which has no room for the Integrated Reserve Party. In this case, Pacman's script is more suitable for my uses.

Rep:
Level 65
My problem is that I am using MA's CMS, which has no room for the Integrated Reserve Party. In this case, Pacman's script is more suitable for my uses.

Well is nice to have different options depending of which modifications are made.
In my case I'm too happy with the the combination result.

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
Hello, I'm new around here and I made an account just to have my problem solved.

I'm using this Larger Party script and it's awesome, BUT I can't lock the main character.
I've put the Addon script and I'm using a event to call a script using this text:

lock_position (actor_id)
actor_id : 001

But it always give me an error message.

What am I doing wrong? Please, someone tell me.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
actor_id is to be replaced by the id, so not like that. Also, don't use leading zeroes. In other words:

Code: [Select]
lock_position (1)

RMRK Junior

This happens whenever I bring up the menu when on the map. What could be causing this, specifically?

EDIT: It appears that this only happens when I load a save file (presumably because they were created before the script was installed).
How can I make it so that the testers of my game do not need to go over from the beginning?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 06:53:52 AM by kathy »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
This may not work, but put this in a script command via event immediately after loading the game.
$game_party.ma_reserve_actors = []
$game_party.ma_max_active_size = MAX_MEMBERS
$game_party.ma_min_active_size = PARTY_CHANGE_MIN_ACTIVE_SIZE
$game_party.ma_max_reserve_size = PARTY_CHANGE_MAX_RESERVE_SIZE
$game_party.ma_locked_actors = []
$game_party.ma_party_access = true
$game_party.ma_return_reserve_members = false
$game_party.ma_draw_party_space = false
You'll need to split the lines, and you'll probably need more than one command. It should work, but I'm not quite sure. Don't place all your trust in it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:49:52 AM by Hurrdurrhurr »

RMRK Junior
How would I set an event to happen upon loading the game?

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
RMRK Junior
i've got this error from your reserve party script..
here are some error..
please help me mr.. :))

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior
This script is just what I needed, but I'm having an error with compatibility with KGC Equip Extend script. Specifically, if I try to change out equipment of a reserve party member I get the error:

Script 'EquipExtend' line 1055 :NoMethodError Occurred
undefined method 'armor_number' for nil:NilClass

Line 1055 of EquipExtend reads:

@equip_index = [@equip_index, actor.armor_number].min

I've been searching forums here and RMVX community, but haven't had any luck with an answer. I'd hate to take either of these scripts out of my game, either. Thanks for any help you can provide, and thank you again for your awesome work.

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Hi. I'm trying to get your script to work for my game, but there's a big problem. It loads in fine, then everything tharts processing in the map and I get this:

"undefined method 'ma_reserve_actors='for#<Game_Party:0x405a290>"

I configured everything properly up to that point, and even used Pacman's tip for the line 799 error, but I can't seem to fix this. Can you reply with some help, I'm kinda losin' it here.

With sanity,
Revtattertot.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
It's not that big an issue. You can just start a new game, only preexisting save files are corrupted.

However, MA, I think save file corruption could be avoided by aliasing the method that loads files and initializing the constants there if it doesn't exist. Would that work?

Rep:
Level 57
Good to know, thanks!
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 97
However, MA, I think save file corruption could be avoided by aliasing the method that loads files and initializing the constants there if it doesn't exist. Would that work?

Yes, it would.

Rep:
Level 57
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Revtattertot
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
So it could just be:
class Scene_File < Scene_Base
  alias omg_what_rdsvfl read_save_file
  def read_save_file(*args)
    omg_what_rdsvfl(*args)
    $game_party.ma_reserve_actors = []
    $game_party.ma_max_active_size = MAX_MEMBERS
    $game_party.ma_min_active_size = PARTY_CHANGE_MIN_ACTIVE_SIZE
    $game_party.ma_max_reserve_size = PARTY_CHANGE_MAX_RESERVE_SIZE
    $game_party.ma_locked_actors = []
    $game_party.ma_party_access = true
    $game_party.ma_return_reserve_members = false
    $game_party.ma_draw_party_space = false
  end
end
Or something of that manner.

Rep:
Level 57
Now I'm getting a line 970 syntax error. Is there a second script I need with this?
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Give me a second.
That's weird. My stuff things don't work.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:42:55 AM by Pacman »

Rep:
Level 97
Well, some of those variables aren't publically accessible. Also, you would need to perform a check to see if they are already defined. Otherwise, for games that were started with the IRP, you would be deleting the entire reserve party everytime you loaded the game. In other words, it would be something like this:

class Game_Party
  def ma_irp_initvars
    # Initialize Variables
    @ma_reserve_actors = []
    @ma_max_active_size = MAX_MEMBERS
    @ma_min_active_size = PARTY_CHANGE_MIN_ACTIVE_SIZE
    @ma_max_reserve_size = PARTY_CHANGE_MAX_RESERVE_SIZE
    @ma_locked_actors = []
    @ma_party_access = true
    @ma_return_reserve_members = false
    @ma_draw_party_space = false
  end
end

class Scene_File < Scene_Base
  alias omg_what_rdsvfl read_save_file
  def read_save_file(*args)
    omg_what_rdsvfl(*args)
    $game_party.ma_irp_initvars if !$game_party.ma_reserve_actors
  end
end

Of course, I don't recall the script so there may be other instance variables I am neglecting, but you got the basic idea. Additionally, there are other things that happen in the read_save_file method, and if those methods interact with any of the variables created for the IRP then it won't make a difference. I did not look into that for this script, but it could easily be a problem for other scripts and would require additional aliasing.

All of my scripts in Ace have support for old savefiles, so you can look at them to see how it's done too. But you got the idea.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:31:53 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I was lazy, haha. I knew the logic behind that, I just didn't do it. Couldn't you also just use the ||= operator to avoid overwriting?

And I think that's all of the variables.

Rep:
Level 97
Yes, you could, but doing an if branch is negligibly more efficient.