RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[YERD] Debug Shortcuts

Rep:
Level 84
Debug Shortcuts
Last Update: 2009.05.08
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
Testing things over and over can get lame and stupid when you have to go through so many different things just to see if you can get one thing working properly or not. Well, I bound some effects to some of the FKeys at the top of the keyboard. These shortcuts will only trigger during test play. There's not much currently, but you can do stuff like instantly kill the enemy party, heal your own party, increase or decrease gold when shopping, or pull the save menu on the map field. Go check it out.

Screenshots

Script
Click here to view it.

Instructions
These debugging shortcuts will only work when you're testing a game through either the map editor or the enemy troops editor. It doesn't work for a normal player when launching it from the exe file.

Key F5 - Default Shortcuts
--------------------------
- Super Buff Allies - (added 2009.04.28)
Press F5 to completely heal your allies and buff them with a group of status effects. Dead members will be revived. Works at actor action select.

- Increase Gold Inside Shops - (added 2009.04.29)
Press F5 while inside a shop to increase your gold by a set increment. Press F6 while inside a shop to decrease your gold by a set increment.

Key F6 - Default Shortcuts
- Call Save Menu - (added 2009.04.29)
Press F6 while on the field map to open up the save menu. This will open up regardless of whether or not the save menu is disabled.

- Increase Gold Inside Shops - (added 2009.04.29)
Press F5 while inside a shop to increase your gold by a set increment. Press F6 while inside a shop to decrease your gold by a set increment.

Key F9 - Default Shortcuts
- Instant Kill Enemies - (added 2009.04.27)
Press F9 to instantly kill all enemies inside battle. This will still grant your party experience, gold, and drops. Works at battle actor action select.

Common Event Launch Shortcuts (added 2009.05.08)
------------------------------------------------
Hold down either Control, Alt, or Shift. Then press F5, F6, F7, F8, or F9. The desired common event you've inputted below in the module will launch. This way, if none of the debug shortcuts can fulfill your debugging needs, you can produce your own shortcuts.

---------

And that's it~

Notes
Beware the habit of pressing F9 when you're playing your game for real.

Compatibility
- Considering these are all aliased, shouldn't be any issues.
Please report any compatibility issues and I'll try my best to fix them.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- Procrastination

Originally Found Here: Here
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:23:42 PM by Yanfly »
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Those are some nice features. I've seen debug scripts for XP before, but I don't think any of them had those features, and I'm at a loss for why. Nice stuff Yanfly.

Rep:
Level 84

Debug Shortcuts has been updated. You can now launch common events by holding Control, Alt, or Shift and pressing F5, F6, F7, F8, or F9 from the map. This is because if none of my default shortcuts can help you out, you can at least produce shortcuts with your own needs. Grab it here:

http://www.pockethouse.com/rpgvx/scripts/debugshortcuts.txt
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You're truly amazing Yanfly! :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
^ lame xbox avatar is under 9000.
Is there a way I can possibly edit the script to not display some of the options?
I'm not using Battle Scenes so I won't need Battle Animation On/Off option.

I'm just scared to edit passed the "Therefore, edit at your own risk" mark.
You've just been obliteraped!

Currently Working On: One Day Salesman
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33234.0.html