RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Limited Inventory

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Lol, I was just thinking like, click it once (Message box pops up "Equip this?" [yes, no], then if yes, it'll just unequip what ever you have on at the moment and put that on instead.) I wasn't thinking new windows and crazy stuff lol.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
What if it's Two Swords Style?

Not to mention that it would automatically make the script incompatible with any scripts that alter equipment, such as Usable Equipment, Extra Equipment, new Equipment scenes, etc...

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
Hey me again MA.

I found another glitch :P

If I have too many items... I can go to discard and they go into the Loot window yeh? BUT, I can leave the menu then aquire more items and repeat this process to have as many items as I want. See what I mean? It's like the Loot window is another Item menu with unlimited slots :P

Just thought I'd let you know, because this script is pretty banging haha (good)

Thanks.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I';m not receiving that error when I test. Is the warning window not coming up?

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
Is a warning message meant to come up so that you can't leave the item menu when the loot menu is up?

No error comes up or anything =/ I'm just allowed to leave items in the loot window to free up inventory slots.

Rep:
Level 97
I attached a picture.

If you have a script which overwrites return_scene of Scene_Item, then it would skip it. Do you have Yanfly's Scene Menu Redux or any Custom Commands script, by chance?

For now, try putting the Limited Inventory script below the menu script. If that causes problems, I will look into it, but hopefully it will resolve your error.

Rep:
Level 83
プログラマです
Yeh that's it fixed man, just moved the Scene Redux below Limited Items like you said and it works like a charm.

Thank you very much :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Hi there. I love this script but I need to tell about a bug.
Here is the setting:
-Your inventory is full
-Lets say find a leather shield and wanna take it in exchange of anything in your inventory.
-Once the trade is done and you get the leather shield,
you want to equip it for you hero.
-BUG IS even tho you do HAVE the item listed in inventory, it just does not appear in the equip screen, nor is it equipable for anyone normally able to.
-I double checked the classes compatibility, nothing to do with it.

There you go.

I admire all your scripts nonetheless. Genius you are dude!

Rep:
Level 97
There must be a hash updating problem when gaining item through the loot. Thanks for the report; I will look into it.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
There must be a hash updating problem when gaining item through the loot. Thanks for the report; I will look into it.

Very nice of you Modern because I'd really like to use your script for my game :)

Also, about limited inventories (just asking by the way)... I was wondering if you planned to create a script to
limit inventories à la Dragon Quest. You know, each character with limited carryable items(equiped items included), useable by them in battle according to they very own inventory (can't explain better, gotta play DQ to know otherwise. Indeed, if you ask me, THAT would be the perfect ''limited items'' script ever my friend. Just telling :-X

Rep:
Level 97
I have no plans currently to make an individual limited inventories script as of now, but my Grid Inventory script has those capabilities. Obviously, it's quite different graphically and may not be what you are looking for, though.

Rep:
Level 97
Updated to Version 1.1b

Fixed the bug where the hash was not updating when gaining or destroying items through loot.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Would it be possible to add a "hero chest" feature to this script?  Let me explain what I mean:

I make a chest through quick event creation.  Then I go into the event and remove the "Show Text" and "Change Items" commands.  Finally I add a script call that would take the form of "$scene = Hero_Chest.new" or something like that.

Other than that, it's perfect!

Rep:
Level 97
It's a good idea and definitely possible. I did much the same thing with my Grid Inventory.

In any case, I will put it on my To Do list (which is unfortunately very long, so it might be a while)

I don't suppose there's a way to limit the amount of stacks? i.e.: in a inventory with 99 slots, you can only have, say, 3 stacks of potions.

Rep:
Level 97
No, there isn't. Sorry.

Might not be a bad idea to add that then...

Just curious as to how far along you are with my requests...

Rep:
Level 97
Nowhere. I haven't worked on it at all. And I have a lot more to do before I will even look at it. Plus, I'm playing Dragon Age now so I probably won't do any scripting for a while.

Actually, I've just come across (and implemented) a different "hero chest" system.  So no worries!  However, I am having a minor issue with this and KGC_CategorizeItem.  For the most part they work together, but when I select a category, it automatically uses the first item in that category rather than simply going into it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:10:32 PM by munkis »

Hi.
I'm a brazilian maker and I don't write english very good. I'm using the Babel Fish Tradutor  ;D
I would like to know if I could take this script until my Brazilian community Reino RPG

Thanks  :lol:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Oh, I've seen that website before. It's a very nice website. I would imagine that ModernAlgebra would allow you to post it on that website as long as you credit him as the creator and placed a link to this webpage incase someone would need help with the script.

Yes! All credits for he and me (I translated the script to portuguese) and I will place a link to this site  ;)

All rights reserved  ;D

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, that's fine with me :) Like grafikal said, I would appreciate the link to this site, but by all means you can post it on reinorpg.

Lol, edited the post and forgot to say what is this xD

this is a fix for those who are using Kgc's categorize item script
they will work fine now, just put kgc BEFORE this one (dunno if this matter but just do it)

Discard the other one, just found a better way to do it
====
on this line  (805 +/-)

Code: [Select]
class Scene_Item
  #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  # * Start processing
  #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  def start
    super
    create_menu_background
    @activated_frame = false