RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[POTM] Nora's Dragon Stories (download available: Battle Demo)

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009

Hey there, this is my game: Nora's Dragon Stories. It's under construction for about 3 years now, with lots of breaks and all that stuff. Here's the info.
Spoiler for Story:
Once upon a time, a girl was born. Her name was Nora. Everyone knew when she was born that she was someone special, because she wrote lots of Stories about Dragons. Nobody believed her and her Stories, but she said she got visions about them and wrote that visions down. For a long time she had no friends or whatsoever, 'cause she was considered as a fool. But then there was Devo, a boy who lived in the same village and had a great fantasy. They became really good friends, and Devo was the only one who believed her. But about 13 years later, when Devo was 14 years old, Nora became really sick. Different recording doctors came by to see what was wrong, but they had no clue. Apparently she had a disease nobody had seen before. But then there was a mysterious doctor, named Japur. He and only he knew what was wrong, because this was happened to him before. He knew how to solve this. The only way to cure her, was to make the people believe in her Stories.

You will be playing Devo, the young and brave soul, and crawl into the books of Nora to get a piece of evidence of all of the Dragons in her books. Will you succeed?

Spoiler for Characters:
First of all, there's Devo. You'll play him in the game, and nobody else (except some recruits). Devo's a Dragon Empathic, which is someone who can understand Dragons. To get a piece of evidence of all of the Dragons, you'll have to understand their problems or just fight with them. For example: After getting your way through a dungeon, there's a dragon. Then you'll have to find out what's wrong, or you'll just have to think of a way to get a piece of evidence. So you can find out that the Dragon has a broken foot or something.
The girl it's all about; She's the sick one over here. :'(
The mysterious doctor/wizard. He's helping you in your journey to cure Nora.

Spoiler for Screenshots:

The title screen

The Collateral Caverns

The Collateral Woods, next to the Collateral Caverns

Farmer Brody's, to be found at the end of the Collateral Caverns

A shot of the Intro Scene

The Marsha Family, a crazy family in Meclador Ville

The Meclador Cave

The entrance to the Meclador Cave

The Dragon Platform in the Meclador Cave

A little passage between the entrance of the cave and the city

Meclador Ville - 1

]Meclador Ville - 2

Meclador Ville - 3

The Meclador Woods - 1

The Meclador Woods - 2

A little sidequest in which you'll have to find grapes

The lake, a part of the expansion of the Meclador Woods

The screens could be changed anytime, by placing fog, tiles or pictures.
Spoiler for Features:
O The Actor can dash, sneak, evade and wink
O You can pause the game whenever you want:

O The game uses Savepoints
O There are a lot of puzzles in Nora's Dragon Stories
O The game is decorated with lots of animations

Spoiler for Scripts:
Here are the scripts I'm using.
Mr. Mo's SBABS-Addon for NeoABS

3D Ringmenu

AMS

Inventory Limit

Mining Script {Maybe}

Fishing Script

Rare Item

The Mappausescript

Dynamic Sound Emmision {maybe}

Spoiler for Downloads:
1. Nora's Dragon Stories Battle Demo
Spoiler for:
Download now! - Version 2.21

===ReadMe!===
1. Install fonts that are included in the encryption
2. Close as much processes as you can, because for some computers it's kind of a heavy map
3. Play by clicking on 'Game', with the icon of the little guy on the red background

Spoiler for Credits:
~ I want to thank SolarSoft for everything.
~ I want to thank RPGflag.nl for everything.
~ I want to thank Mr. Mo for the Battlesystem
~ I want to thank Jaromir for Devo's Sprite
~ I want to thank Me™ for the Inventory Limit script and the Rare Item script
~ I want to thank hbgames.org for some of the scripts
~ I want to thank 9sages for almost alle resources
~ I want to thank Modern Algebra for the Dynamic Sound Emmision script.
~ I want to thank Wazakindjes for a lot of things, a great support for my game.
~ I want to thank Mark en Davey as well for all the help.

Well, that's my game, I will update this as soon as I got a lot of stuff, and I'll upload Chapter 1 when ready.

Matthijs/Japur (Netherlands)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:04:05 AM by Japur »
  - 

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Gotta say, the mapping is looking great. Graphic wise it looks like you know what to do.

Not too sure if I like the story though, but it's probably just me personally.

Also, you have enough screenshots, and it's clear you put a lot of work into this, so I'm moving this to projects.

Rep:
Level 83
Welk, I think it's the way I pronounce it, because in the Dutch forums they say that the story is one of the best parts..

Thanks anyway!
  - 

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I think the story souns pretty neat actually. Definitely original. And yeah, the screens look good. Good luck!

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks.

The screens are changed a lot, but when I have a lot of new changes, I'll reupload them and post them here. Not for every change, you know.

I'm working on it every day. ;)
  - 

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
As I was reading your story I kept thinking,"Wow this is weird." But I realize that it was just my own misunderstanding of how you wrote it and as I got to the end, it made perfect sense. As MA had said, it is very original. I'm glad to see something that has to do with dragons and is actually original. haha. Also, you're an excellent mapper. I absolutely love your last screenshot. The fact that the actor can dash, sneak, evade and wink sounds like you have some pretty interesting things planned for this. Also, I just noticed your wrote, "To get a piece of evidence of all of the Dragons, you'll have to understand their problems or just fight with them" under characters for Devo. I think that this multi-decision idea is absolutely excellent and sounds like a really good addition. I would love to see this game finished sometime or at the least, a demo. I wish you good luck on this. :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Never fear anything.
I really like the plot, it's very original. I'm looking forward to the awesome gameplay to go with it. ^^

Only one minor note though:

But then there was Devo, a boy who lived in the same village and had a great fantasy. They became really good friends, and Devo was the only one who believed her. But about 13 years later, when Devo was 14 years old, Nora became really sick.

This implies that Devo was 1 year old when he became really good friends with Nora. Also the great fantasy thing, just how much fantasy would he have at such an age. It's possible ofcourse, but it stands out a little.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
mapping is pure gold

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Hey, this project has been nominated as a candidate for Project of the Month for June. Please vote here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33296.0.html

Best of luck; I really like the look and feel of this game. I can't wait to see a demo.

Rep:
Level 83
I really like the plot, it's very original. I'm looking forward to the awesome gameplay to go with it. ^^

Only one minor note though:

But then there was Devo, a boy who lived in the same village and had a great fantasy. They became really good friends, and Devo was the only one who believed her. But about 13 years later, when Devo was 14 years old, Nora became really sick.

This implies that Devo was 1 year old when he became really good friends with Nora. Also the great fantasy thing, just how much fantasy would he have at such an age. It's possible ofcourse, but it stands out a little.

Hmm, true. That's a good thought.

But when parents meet, like Devo's parents and Nora's parents, they like automatically become friends, 'cause they are neighbours. So Nora's parents get a child. After a year, Devo's parents think of children as well, because Nora's parents are so happy with theirs. Then you've got this effect: N.'s parents got a child, D's parents got a child, they're friends wich each other, so they assume that their children are automatically friends. They only let their children play wich each other, wich means they're 'good friends'.

It's a kind of strange way I say it, but that's because I don't know how to explain it better to you.
mapping is pure gold
Haha thanks. ;D
Hey, this project has been nominated as a candidate for Project of the Month for June. Please vote here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33296.0.html

Best of luck; I really like the look and feel of this game. I can't wait to see a demo.
That's unbelievable! ;D Didn't see that one coming!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:17:24 PM by Japur »
  - 

Rep:
Level 83
sswave has joined 'the team'! He's making the soundtrack of Nora's Dragon Stories now!

We got in contact a while ago, and sswave has been busy making some sounds. Here's the main theme:
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=7682639&cache=3&q=hi&shuffle=false

And here's the Meclador Ville theme:
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7737286&q=hi

Tell us what you think, so that sswave can improve his works.
  - 

Rep:
Level 84
Emissary of Chaos
I think my only complaint about this is that the game's name (horrible name imo). Other than that, the game looks great. I may give it a try once Chapter 1 is out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:32:26 PM by ImmortalDreamer »

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I love that smith screenshot. Looks great. I like trying to make very appealing indoor maps and I think you have just out-done me. I must study lighting more!
Think I'll keep an eye on this project. Not sure if I like the title either, but I personally think it's quite difficult to come up with a catchy title. Especially when you look at the titles of most other peoples projects. They areall typical fantasy style, trying to be creative, names.
I like everything else so far.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 12:59:36 PM by Crab Buster »

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Update in the music department:
Meclador Cave -
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=7764721&cache=3&q=hi&shuffle=false                                                                                             

Rep:
Level 97
Congratulations! Nora's Dragon Stories has won Project of the Month for August :) This means you get to have your project stickied for the month and that your project will be featured on Crankeye.com. If you object to that, we can take it down.

You may be wondering why the PotM for August is only chosen on August 15; we were changing the selection process for the PotM and so the decision process sort of took a while. We'll leave it up a little into September so that you're not totally gyped out of time :P

You may also display either of the following banners in any of your topics relating to Nora's Dragon Stories:

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/1zoho5j.png[/img]

Code: [Select]
[IMG]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6656/potmaugust.png[/IMG]

Both badges were made by grafikal :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:25:06 AM by modern algebra »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You can also keep the badges up as long as you want ;o 
They have dates, so not to be confused with future PoTM winners :)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Congrats!  :)

Rep:
Level 87
Congratulations on POTM :D

What I'm really looking forward to see in this project is all the animations you claim to have. <3_<3

Rep:
Level 83
Hey all!

Tjeez, this works as a drug or something. I read this before I went to bed, and I totally lost my mind. :tpg: I got an inspiration burst and started to write things down on the wall with my fingers. :o

What I want to say is: Thank you. This is motivating me só much. I will go further and further to make this an epic RMXP game, no matter how long it takes. I will get one of those banners to my dutch forum as well, so that everyone can see it. :P

Well, I've got a game to make. See you later!

PS: I've started mapping for chapter two: Here's two screens (the ambient lightning and other pictures aren't there yet, have to make them first):

Theeeeerrrrre you go.
  - 

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
I am really impressed by what I saw. The mapping especially looks very well done, and the story is very original. I sure wish you luck with this and congratulations on the POTM. :)

Commenting something on the second map of Chapter 2 maps. I think the floors are somewhat a little cluttered. Also, that fire-stand (?) where the light comes from, I think should be better if it comes down one tile.

Best of luck. ^^

Rep:
Level 97

Tjeez, this works as a drug or something. I read this before I went to bed, and I totally lost my mind. :tpg: I got an inspiration burst and started to write things down on the wall with my fingers. :o

Intense   :D

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that! Good luck with the project. Those two new screens look great, though I hope that first one is a cutscene since I think the lighting is too dim for gameplay :)

Rep:
Level 83
I am really impressed by what I saw. The mapping especially looks very well done, and the story is very original. I sure wish you luck with this and congratulations on the POTM. :)

Commenting something on the second map of Chapter 2 maps. I think the floors are somewhat a little cluttered. Also, that fire-stand (?) where the light comes from, I think should be better if it comes down one tile.

Best of luck. ^^
Yeah, I see what you mean with that. Thanks, didn't notice that. :)

And thanks again. :)

Intense   :D
Yes it was, actually.  :o

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that! Good luck with the project. Those two new screens look great, though I hope that first one is a cutscene since I think the lighting is too dim for gameplay :)
Yes, it's a cutscene. I started to map on chapter two just because I had no inspiration for my chapter one. But now I do, because of your giant motivation. So thanks for that. :)
  - 

Rep:
Level 97
It wasn't so much me - it was RMRK+. I just get to announce things :lol:

I'm glad it had that effect though :)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Hey man, congrats on Project of the Month. Keep doing what you're doing and never give up on yourself.

Rep:
Level 97
Irock is available for any motivational speaker gigs that might be coming up at your school.