RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[YERD] Display Victory Aftermath

Rep:
Level 84
Display Victory Aftermath
Last Update: 2009.04.25
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
I'm remaking this script for multiple reasons. Biggest of which is so that the code's a whole lot cleaner. The second biggest reason is because I actualy know what I'm doing this time around. And the third reason is that out there in the VX scripting community, a decent victory aftermath script has yet to be made. This will hopefully provide everything adequate for a victory aftermath.

This script consists of a couple of phases. The first being displayed exp for each member prior to gaining the experience earned in battle. Nothing too special here, you basically see what happens before the experience is applied.

The second phase goes into giving each of the actors experience. This supports multi-leveling as well as learning a whole bunch of skills. Actors that level up will create a window that displays their previous stats in comparison to their new stats. Alongside that is also a list of the new skills they have learned from the level up.

This script leaves an "extra" phase if there's any add-ons made for Victory Aftermath in the future. By default, there's nothing visible here, but should add-ons be made, this phase will be providing for it without need to actually modify the script itself.

The last phase goes into the drop listing. This generates a list of drops and displays them from most to least number of drops. This means that drops of the same type will stack upon another. If no drops present, this phase is skipped.

Update History
  • 2009.04.25 - Finished script and publicized.
  • 2009.04.23 - Started on script.

Screenshots

Script
Click here to view it.

Instructions
Since this is a big script, I’ve included a number of screenshots to explain everything (hopefully).

---------

Major differences between this and the default victory screen can be seen immediately. At the very top, you see the gold earned and the experience gained. At the bottom, we have the usual victory message of the player's party being victorious (although this time, added with the face art of the party leader). Most noticable is the player's part at the very center of the screen displaying the percentage to the next level, what the next level is, and how much EXP is needed. Though if you pay attention, you can see that this is the experience bar before the actual EXP is earned and there's a good reason for that. This is because we'll soon view the actors leveling up individually. But before we move on, there's a few options we can take a gander at.

Also, I'd like to mention that if for some reason, the message window does not appear (mostly due to other scripts), you can download and throw in this script here to make things working again. Victory Aftermath Compatibility

Here are some of the major options you can adjust in the module.

YE::BATTLE::DISPLAY::VA_BGM
- In the past, once the victory process has begun, you hear a fanfare and then the field map music playing again. This time, you can have a song piece dedicated to just the victory portion of the battle.

YE::BATTLE::DISPLAY::VA_EXP_SPLIT
- Set this to true if you would like experience to be split amongst the total number of party members you have in battle (this includes those that are knocked out cold). If you do enable it (disabled by default), then adjust the values below.

YE::BATTLE::DISPLAY::VA_EXP_1_MEMBER, VA_EXP_2_MEMBER, etc
- This sets the experience multiplier data for the number of party members you have. Note that the experience isn't divided directly by the number of party members for the sole reason that people often like to give random and odd multipliers for having different amounts of members. If you have more than 4 party members, the multiplier will take the experience split multiplier as having only 4 members.

YE::BATTLE::DISPLAY::VA_MAXLV
- This doesn't actually set anything other than detect a few level changes here and there. This exists as a modifiable value (instead of directly searching out the max level limit) because there's so many scripts out there that adjust max level in too many different ways. This one will at least let you adjust it to what you know is the working max level in your RPG.

---------

Upon leaving the first screen, your actors will begin to acquire experience individually. This will piece the former level and its stats to the newer level and the upgraded stats side by side for comparison. The HECO stats have been omitted since levels don't affect them (unless you're using some script to change them). Next to the stat comparison is a window displaying all of the skills that the the actor has just learned.

Note that if an actor has more than 6 skills learned, a new page will appear to show the new skills the character has learned. This will repeat until it has shown all of the skills the actor can possibly learn. There are some module options available for the level up portion of this victory aftermath script.

YE::BATTLE::DISPLAY::VA_LVL_UP_HEAL
- If set to true (by default, false), it will heal the actor upon leveling up inside battle.

YE::BATTLE::DISPLAY::VA_LVL_UP_HEAL_HP, VA_LVL_UP_HEAL_MP, VA_LVL_UP_HEAL_STATES
- These values adjust the percentage of the character's MaxHP and MaxMP that will be healed. If the heal states option is set to true, then all status effects will be removed as well.

---------

Once the leveling up phase is done, the middle window showing the party's experience will update. This then moves onto the drops phase. If there are no drops found, then the drops phase is ignored and the victory aftermath ends there. However, to demonstrate what the drops phase can potentially do, I've thrown in a plethora of drops for viewing.

The former experience and message windows will vanish only to be replaced by this screen. The drops will be ordered by most to least. Although you're unlikely to fill up a whole window full of items like such, this drop window can hold up to 18 different unique items. This was done mostly to replace the endless lines of item display at the end of a battle if you were to create your monsters to drop tons of items. Now, you can save your players a whole lot of time by displaying them all at once.

YE::BATTLE::DISPLAY::VA_DROP_DISPLAY_TYPE
- If you set this to 1, the items will list themselves vertically. If you set this to 2, items will be listed horizontally.

YE::BATTLE::DISPLAY::VA_USE_COMEVENT
- If set to true, once battle ends, this script will force a common event to play before moving on.

YE::BATTLE::DISPLAY::VA_COMMON_EVENT
- This sets the common event you wish to play.

---------

Those that wish to add a bit of a personal touch to their games can create actor quotes for each individual actor (or have them all run from a common pool). This part can be found under the Lunatic Mode portion of the script and requires turning a particular flag on. These actors will pronounce different quotes at different parts of the victory aftermath phases.

YE::BATTLE::DISPLAY::VA_DISPLAY_ACTOR_PERSONAL_MSG
- Set this to true to enable personal actor quotes.

Modify the script underneath to adjust the actors' quotes. Note that actors without their ID's listed in the respective hashes will play quotes from the Actor 0 quote pool. This will go true for any actor that doesn't have their ID's present in any of the quote hashes. Also, if you have multiple quotes per hash, one of them will be randomly chosen and displayed on screen. This allows for more variability for your victory quotes. For information is listed under the Lunatic Mode portion to describe when each quote hash is used and called upon.

---------

And that's pretty much it. Like I said before, I made this script in the past but it was way messier than this. However, looking back, it's probably taught me a whole lot about Ruby's scripting structure since it's one of my first scripts. Funny that I go back to it now and rebuild it.

Notes
And now for something completely different.

Compatibility
- Works with KGC Extra Drop Items
- Works with KGC Large Party
Please report any compatibility issues and I'll try my best to fix them.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- Halbarad for his initial contribution on the prototype script's drop portion.

Originally Found Here: Here
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:10:39 PM by grafikal009 »
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Sorry if this is considered necroposting, but, I was just wondering

Does anyone have a copy of this script? I really wanted to use it, but the link the author provided seems to be dead...

Rep:
Level 89
... I got nothing.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You would have been able to go there if you knew what an address bar was or what a link looks like. It's part of using the internet. Most people today use it a lot.

Anyways. I fixed the link, "http" was double-typed.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
the link is dead... and if I found the right one, why does it disappear so fast?

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
The Author has upgraded to a new series of modules and this script is updated in it. For simplicities sake I shall link the Module, and the Main page for further people asking questions of Yanfly scripts.

YEM: Yanfly Engine Melody

YEM: Victory Aftermath

PocketHouse

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~