RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Problem with finishing event

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
oki well im in rpg maker xp and i got this an event going which is just a guy running to u and saying hey blah blah lblah wats ur name and u pick ur name and stuff then he says come this way and meet my brother and he goes to the stairs and i got end event so he dissappears but then after my character comes back up from the basement the event is reloaded how can i just totally make him go poof from the game forever in that room after that

Rep:
Level 91
GIMP 2.3.18 bitches!
you have to use a switch opperation....you'll need someone to help you with it....just started using local switches.
Go suck a lemon! lol

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: MrTorture
oki well im in rpg maker xp and i got this an event going which is just a guy running to u and saying hey blah blah lblah wats ur name and u pick ur name and stuff then he says come this way and meet my brother and he goes to the stairs and i got end event so he dissappears but then after my character comes back up from the basement the event is reloaded how can i just totally make him go poof from the game forever in that room after that

you stepped into one of the only cases that require usage of new pages.
the simple way is to set the switches to start with "on" instead of off and thus precondtion it to a switch and turn it off when you want the event to never show up again (right when ti walks the stairs)
but even though it's ez to set it might turn to be quite confusing since you'll have to remember that all the switches are set by default to on.

the "harder" by 2 sec way is to make a new page, precondition it with a switch(try not to make it a local one, you might want to use it as a precondition for something else too and you got 5k switches so you don't have to worry about losing all of them) and then the event should look like:

(event)
first page (create pages with the page buttons at the top)
precondition (top left corner) = no precondtions. (don't mark anything)
graphics: npc
*doing stuff*
*walking*
*turn switch(number) on*

2nd page
precondition (top left corner) = switch(number) is on
graphics: none
event- none.
holy shit my sig was big!