RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Signature update > hacking attempt? + ext. avatar linking

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
When I try to update my signature, i get:

An Error Has Occurred!
Hacking attempt...

I used 'search' by the way, but that didn't harvest anything..

Can anybody tell what's going on here?
(Or, update my signature [see bottom of post]  )

Also, when I set my avatar to "http://amimeyet.890m.com/dynamic_signature/signatures/amimeyet_av.png",  somehow the forum displays it through "http://avatars.rmrk.net/avatar_6475.png".. wouldn't that like make that 'external-image' feature totally useless? The great thing about external images is that you can update them on different forums at once
(exactly what I'm trying with my dynamic-signature-image)

So here's my signature as I want it:

Portals - in VX!
Spoiler for Do require's in VX::
Code: [Select]
$LOAD_PATH << Dir.getwd #You only need to call this once
Kernel.require("includable.rb") #replace includable.rb with the name of the file you want to load
Spoiler for Invert Dash enabling::
#=============================================================================#
# # # ANTI DASH HACK    # # #
# # #   By AmIMeYet # # #
# # #    please credit me   # # #
class Game_Player < Game_Character
  def dash?
return false if @move_route_forcing
return false if in_vehicle?
return true if Input.press?(Input::A) and $game_map.disable_dash?
  end
 end
This snippet basically inverts the dashing.. allowing you to dash only when 'disable dashing' is checked.
This way, normal maps disable dashing, but the ones you set to disable actually allow dashing..

It should be placed where you normally place the scripts ('above main', in the materials section of the scripts window)..

Portals - in VX!
Kernel.require("includable.rb") #replace includable.rb with the name of the file you want to load
  def dash?
  end
 end
This snippet basically inverts the dashing.. allowing you to dash only when 'disable dashing' is checked.
This way, normal maps disable dashing, but the ones you set to disable actually allow dashing..

It should be placed where you normally place the scripts ('above main', in the materials section of the scripts window)..

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
we're not going to help you hack RMRK
stop trying.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
i'm not sure if we allow the code tag in the signatures, but you'll have to wait for ROAF
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Code tag is allowed in signatures. I fixed your signature, by the way.

Avatars are uploaded to rmrk for a specific reason that I cannot remember. Roph could answer that question.
:tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
If you provide an external URL for your avatar image, RMRK downloads that image and then sets its local copy as your avatar (while of course checking its dimensions and so on). A few reasons why:

- All avatars are served from RMRK, nice and fast and reliable =)
- You could simply replace your external image with something else that is above the dimensions. A solution to that would be for RMRK to check the avatar every time it is displayed, but of course that would be a gigantic waste of resources to check images over and over hundreds of thousands of times a day. That very feature used to exist in the very first early builds of SMF 1.0.x, and it was an enormous slowdown problem, even for small forums.
bringing sexy back

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
we're not going to help you hack RMRK
stop trying.
I'm not trying to, that's the thing.

Code tag is allowed in signatures. I fixed your signature, by the way.
Ok, thanks for fixing it!

If you provide an external URL for your avatar image, RMRK downloads that image and then sets its local copy as your avatar (while of course checking its dimensions and so on). A few reasons why:

- All avatars are served from RMRK, nice and fast and reliable =)
- You could simply replace your external image with something else that is above the dimensions. A solution to that would be for RMRK to check the avatar every time it is displayed, but of course that would be a gigantic waste of resources to check images over and over hundreds of thousands of times a day. That very feature used to exist in the very first early builds of SMF 1.0.x, and it was an enormous slowdown problem, even for small forums.
Ah, ok.. that sound's reasonable :)

Oh wait a minute.. does this mean I can't update my signature myself anymore? (say if 'portals' isn't my current script anymore)

Portals - in VX!
  def dash?
  end
 end