RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Coat Of Arms - Scene Not Heard

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This is the "album" that we were in the process of recording when we broke up. NAM had asked for it, and whoever else is interested.

Forget These Shots

Spoiler for Lyrics:
In times that try us, we'll buy into anything; making promises we're not to keep. Now, close my eyes, start following. That never could happen to me.
Numb of all taste, and feeling gone. Love left to waste, or carry on. There are certain things that I can count on: My silent spring. This depression.
The track's left us stranded; so branded. Take a moment and drop to knees. Bloodstained and caught red-handed, "That never could happen to me."
Numb of all faith, and feeling gone. Love left to waste, or carry on. Can we be saved? Are we that strong? And so I pray, "Lets just move on, and on, and on, and on..."
We'll say, "Forget these shots, and live forever." One shot gone through the heart, and I'm not dying anymore.
Loosen what's around my neck. Forget it. Forget that I said it or meant it. Dement it. Let's forgive and forget these shots.
One time, we'll make a pact: "Leave by the light of dawn, and lose what's around our necks, or crosshairs will keep us strong."

This is about our singer's brother trying to overcome a heroin addiction. It's kind of odd how I ended going through something similar, even after playing a song about how it was bad for a few years, especially with "that never could happen to me" being part of the lyrics.

Reigned On

Spoiler for Lyrics:
We've all been reigned on. Our past is shamed on. The words of fools, and blessed souls: "To serve, or reign on?"
To make the change, I watched you change. I watched it slip away, the anger and rain.
Our past gets blamed on: The dead from days gone. Thy will be done unmatters (not a word) from which mouth it came from.
We can make it if we have a grain of humanity. When left is right, and in is out, I'll separate the love from doubt.
When fountain tides dreamed to rise and take us down with dark disguise, "Revenge!" they cried through joyful eyes, and sorrow makes no show.
So make the best of past of past mistakes. Human is as human makes. Until we have a solid state, and numbers make up everything, we'll make the best of past mistakes.
The temporary's done. It rained heavy, and we could be the ones to break habit. We're reigned on forever.
It's a shame that we benefit from pain.
This will be my trademark: a never ending, blurring fade-mark. (I always hated that line) A lesson and a note for every scheme.
Will we ever lose it? Did it choose me, or did I choose it? The common bond, as time goes on:
You'll see that we've all been reigned on. Our past is shamed on, and it's for you.
Our will to pull for lesser souls; we had it, now it's gone.

This one is sort of about a lot of things. It's basically about how humans are nothing in the grand scheme of things. We take everything so seriously, (and in our lives these things might be very serious,) but on a universal scale, they aren't much. It's also about how we think our words and deeds are so monumental, but in the end, the planet swallows them all.

Lewis Beautiful

Spoiler for Lyrics:
This stand-still quietness. This world, it could freeze. I'm over-denying this, to drop to my knees.
Take the knife out of my back, and let me bleed.
With instinct precision, you struck chords in me. My deadly decision: Pursue, or let be.
With passing days, I pray you're latching on to me.
This hole in my heart is wider like I thought, but vulnerability; that's what's killing me.
I'll bring hints to show you, and drop them as I leave.
Your luring is beautiful, but catch and release?
Take the knife out of my back and let me bleed.
We've never been alone, and we've never had the chance, and I've never hurt this much just longing for your touch.
You just take what you can't give.
One more thing before you go: I'm back to try and let it go.
Let me restore faith and remove fear. Kiss me once, we'll make this crystal clear.

The obligatory cheesy song about a girl. Matt wrote this one, and I don't really know what he was thinking on some of the lyrics. It was kind of dull, so we added some slightly funny things to it, such as the "parade voice" backing vocals in the beginning saying, "Take the knife out of my back..." Also, the breathing in and out in the bridge was me, lol. If you ignore the lameness, the song has some good parts. The middle section with the three part harmony/call and answer is sweet. Oh, and this one wasn't mixed completely, so it sounds a bit different/shittier than the rest.

Secret Show

Spoiler for Lyrics:
Let's stay young. If we could only choose to not adhere to politics, or practice if we lose, and feel the shame, when I grow selfish everyday.
My apathy is atrophy of my heart.
Pray there's more than you could find, but it might be the best to say goodbye. I'll never know the who or why, or what to expect from you tonight.
Fact - Up until this time, all I've ever known: a secret show.
With my whole lifestyle in tow, I'll say goodbye to what was mine, and trade it in for peace of mind.
But by design, the clearer skies take me further than I know.
Pray there's more than you could find, but it might be the best to say goodbye. We'd never know the who or why, or what to expect from you tonight.
Secret show. Behind closed doors.
Is what I'm keeping as heaven sent my true foundation, or wet cement?
Your secret is safe with me. Believe this is it: Nothing but a secret we all know.
We're embarrassed to cherish our secret show.

This is about transitioning from innocence to adulthood, or more accurately, naivety to knowledge. When you're young, you don't really know shit, and you do some dumb stuff. This song takes inspiration from that time in a person's life. For example; Questioning your beliefs, leaving your childhood behind you, going through that "quest for identity". It's about how these things are all personal, and most people feel shame when dealing with them, so they tend to keep them to themselves and not talk to anyone else about them. It's a song calling out for people to not be ashamed of their secrets! (Note: I had written lyrics to this song that left out the whole innocence to adulthood theme, and focused only on letting secrets out, but they didn't get used. I liked them more than these, but that's probably because I wrote them.)

The Last Tie

Spoiler for Lyrics:
You saw what was left: All the points inside our hollow chests. (Say when)
Wishing we were Lot, we could run away with safety bought.
They said to make our plans, and make amends, but deja vu lies. (Bleed ourselves dry)
Last tie, we could die off any day.
You were my only end. (I'll break the last tie)
Say when, and I'll defy you once again. (I'll break the last tie)
And how much more could I take? You smashed apart all of my presuppositions and mistakes.
Pride, wake up one mind. Step out and see him shine, unless you've made yourself go blind.
Afraid, you'll start to shake: "We've never been, for heaven's sake!"
To make our plans and make amends, but deja vu lies. (Bleed ourselves dry)
Last tie, we could die off any day.
You were my only end. (I'll break the last tie)
Say when, and I'll defy you once again. (I'll break the last tie)
And how much more could I take? You smashed apart all of my presuppositions and mistakes.
You shouldn't swallow them whole.
Make me whole.
You make me... forsake me...
Refrain!
You made me, and save me from pain.

This was our "single". It was played on some radio stations like The X and WDVE. This is about someone holding onto their last beliefs in a religion, even though everything around them is telling them that their belief is false. More specifically, it's about an athiest who is in a relationship with a religious person. The lyrics are kind of confusing, because they're taken from both people in the relationship. If you don't know who's saying what, then it sounds horribly schizo. I'll leave it up to you to figure out, though.

There are also a few other songs that aren't finished, but I don't really want to put them up here.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:21:29 AM by irock »