RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Full] Ever Blue

Rep:
Level 85
Needs more driiiiiiiiiinks
2012 Project Of The Year
The snowfield level:

The Island level:

Intro scene:

Ever Blue was intended to be a side scrolling shooter. While it still retains some aspects of it, I think of it more as a side view action RPG. You have 2 UFOs, yours and your friend. Your friend can die, but will be revived eventually. You have 3 lives, which after that it’s game over. You start with a basic range 5 shot, which is slow to fire. After finding crystals, you can upgrade your firing rate, you can use them to regenerate health, you can set a temporary shield, or upgrade your weapon. You can hold 5 crystals at most.

The weapons are the straight fire shot, Double fire shot (Which fires one shot from above the ship horizontally and one below the ship horizontally), Triple fire shot (2 diagonal shots, and one straight one), and the Horizontal shot (One shot in front and one behind). You can upgrade your friends firing rate, but their weapon can only be upgraded once.

Controls:

* Arrow keys: Move. When in the menu, press left or right to switch character upgrades
    * Z or Enter key: Attack or confirm while talking/in the menu
    * X or Escape key: Opens the menu or cancels it.

This was made in RM2k3, I'm pretty sure you don't need the RTP or anything.

Download HERE

Ocean's Dreams blog! Contains RPG Design topics, Game updates and others!
Also check out my tumblr for smaller but more frequent updates!
http://http://oceansdreams.tumblr.com/

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Very nice, especially for a custom concept. I'll have to try it!