RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(PROJECT) Super Mario Kingdom

RMRK Spriter
Rep:
Level 84
Flandre Scarlet
 :m: SUPER MARIO BROS KINGDOM. :luigi:

It's my new project!
i dont have a story yet, but here is one screenshot from overworld!

EDIT:  Im very sorry but the game will be entirely in swedish!
Here is the first part of the story and gameplay!

Kapitel 0  A FALL FROM THE SKY

You will begin playing as yoshi, and you have to go to your home!
when you get home, all the eggs where gone! then, baby mario falls down from the sky down on yoshi's back!

now you have to discover and find all the eggs and save baby luigi from the magikoopas!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:54:44 PM by nexar2 »

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
The overworld doesn't look half bad.
How is this going to work? Is it going to be like Mario RPG, or is it going to have some sort of platforming in it? I'd love to see a mario project work out, either a platformer or rpg would be great.

- -

Rep:
Level 84
Not to be predictable, but...
applause on your originality man...
or at least more so than many other RPG Makers.
At least its not a remake of Breath of Fire, or Chrono Trigger, or any other classical RPG. And, if its possible, I think a mix of RPG and platforming elements would be pretty cool. Just my opinion, though. Anyway, good luck with this.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

All the greats started out as n00bs. The n00b you trash today may be the n00b you worship tomorrow.

RMRK Spriter
Rep:
Level 84
Flandre Scarlet
it's gonna be different chalanges, like racing and platformer levels!

Rep:
Level 84
whatever it is, i'm interested to see this project go further. if you ever want any input on something, you can ask me, as i would love to see a finished project.

Final Fantasy 7

All the greats started out as n00bs. The n00b you trash today may be the n00b you worship tomorrow.

RMRK Spriter
Rep:
Level 84
Flandre Scarlet
whatever it is, i'm interested to see this project go further. if you ever want any input on something, you can ask me, as i would love to see a finished project.
well, could you test the overworld, if it's good?

Rep:
Level 84
send me the overworld, man, i'll test it. it looks pretty good already.
btw, the story will probably involve Bowser kidnapping peach, right?

Final Fantasy 7

RMRK Spriter
Rep:
Level 84
Flandre Scarlet
send me the overworld, man, i'll test it. it looks pretty good already.
btw, the story will probably involve Bowser kidnapping peach, right?

Off course, Here you go!

Rep:
Level 84
sorry, man, my computer was down...
i just downloaded it, and i'll give it a shot asap.
i'll let you know how it turns out.

EDIT: Oh, god, my computer is being the biggest bugger! I've just finished testing the overworld map, and I figured I'd better post this before it decides to act up again. All right, everything looks really good, very early Mario-esque. There were no passage problems that I found, though I may have missed some.
Using the map brought up some questions, though.

1. Is this overworld going to be the only one, or are there going to be multiple worlds, like in other Mario games?

2. Are there going to be restrictions to the map? That is, you cannot walk over a level you have not completed, like the other Mario games?

3. Are your other tilesets and charsets going to match this? This is the very NES/SNES 8-bit glory that all us Mario die hards grew up with. If the other worlds don't match this, it may turn out very messy looking in translation. Or, you could make it work. I honestly think that it'd be cool to go from psuedo 3D 8-bit on the overworld to the Super Mario World for the SNES style of 2D side scrolling.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to this game. Great job with the overworld, and good luck with the rest of the game. Again, if you ever need any help, just ask, and I'll see what I can do.

Now, about the story...
I'm not sure what Super Mario World 2 was like on the SNES, I can't really remember, but it seems to me that it involved carting baby Mario around. Is this going to be like that, or different? And, about the Swedish thing, If you're interested, I'd be happy to translate it into English, if you want the project to be. All I'd really need is a vague idea about what the people in game are saying. It'd be cool to be able to play the game in two different languages. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:44:48 PM by nighthawk282 »

Final Fantasy 7