RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Thieving System

Rep:
Level 84
Thieving System

What it does: Do you really need to ask? It allows you to steal a certain amount of money from a certain person. I may change it soon so that it also has levelling.  Please comment on how to improve or change it.  It is in the attachment.  Please make any constructive comments.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:15:18 PM by modern algebra »

Best Latin Quotes:
Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!
Beam me up, Scotty!
Sit vis vobiscum.
May the Force be with you.
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
I'm not interested in your dopey religious cult.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
It seems pretty cool. Although the "player touch" event is annoying, and kind of pointless. You could always make a common event with a conditional branch with a specific button to be pressed that would bring up the thievery option.

edit: actually, I'm gonna mess around with this a bit and see what I can do.

edit2: well, I messed with it a bit. I got the common event to work, only downside is, is that you have to press enter AND the button at the same time for the thievery menu to show up, but I guess it also offers something cool. I also changed the "banker" name to "victim, because it's a common event.

If you don't want to attempt to rob that person, just put whatever else you want to happen under the 'Else' part of the conditional branch. (Not of the common event, of course.) I also made two different common event. One that will alert the guards, and one that just makes the person yell in surprise, and it also deletes the event to give the illusion the person ran. Oh, and the buttons to bring up the thievery menu are ENTER and the W key. Oh, and ignore the Parallel Process on the common event, I don't know why I did that. It can be set to 'None'.

I'll play with it a bit more. I attached it to the bottom of this post.

edit3: I updated it again, I added a new map showing how it could easily be used in a town.

edit4: Updated yet again, but I added an 'Intro' map that explains how to use the system. Sorry if it seems like I'm stealing your idea, but I'm trying to help you improve it. Take a look at what I've done and see what you think. Again, I've attached the new updated version to the bottom of this post. Also, please post of any bugs or errors you find, because I'm sure there are some.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 03:04:40 AM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 84
Sorry, I've only just been able to get back to this, due to the fact that there was an internet connection problem, and I'll check out your changes in a minute. :D

Edit 1: I did originally set it up in a town, but that's part of my current project, and there isn't enough of it at the minute to share.

Edit 2: You mispelt my name  >:(.  But seriously, pretty good changes to it.  Thanks.  I'd +rep but I can't atm.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 09:48:00 PM by Sharkbainte »

Best Latin Quotes:
Beam me up, Scotty!
Sit vis vobiscum.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
=o Sorry 'bout misspelling your name. I'm still playing with the system, seeing what neat things I can do with it. This seems perfect for the event systems forum. Can a mod please move this there? =o

edit: lol, halo moved it to the wrong forum :3
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 04:03:23 PM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 84

Best Latin Quotes:
Beam me up, Scotty!
Sit vis vobiscum.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
This is an XP event system, not VX. Can a mod please move this?