RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic

Map here is to basically say what is what (the water by the entrance is a full heal spring,the dark green grass inflicts Poison status to the party, the red plants inflict something I haven't decided on yet, the brambles inflict something, and the blue flowers inflict something). This is the very first area of the Valley of Corpses dungeon (I know! I'm working on a beta5 dungeon! GASP!) and well...it's supposed to be a valley. I wanted to use a different tileset than the Youkai Mountain tileset (which is also shared by the Forest of Magic I do believe as well as Eastern Forest), so I looked around and found this one which feels more swamp-like but...I think it works well! And of course, there's going to be caves. There's ALWAYS caves in this freaking game ehehe...

For reference, the gimmick of this dungeon is that the player cannot use the Item command in-battle (I'd remove all of the items themselves but...that's a lot to keep track of...), while the subgimmick is that there's status tiles in the dungeon. This dungeon is basically to get more use out of status-healing abilities as well as the MP Regen status (which is going to go to 5% instead of 1% recovery per turn in-battle), and to get more mileage out of a couple characters that people may or may not be using at this point in the game.

EDIT - Slight update patch due to SDM teleport error again...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gnfnablpaulyde1/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 01:08:17 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Changes in this one:

1) Regen is now 5% Max HP recovery per turn, and MP Regen is now 3% Max MP recovery per turn.
2) Aya HP/MP+% bug fixed. Was somehow using Meiling's instead of her own.
3) SDM tile error fixed.
4) Demon Charm now Reimu exclusive.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9p9cdeekd3iwh2/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

Rep:
Level 85
Update patch to fix Moriya Shrine issue. Twas due to tileset error that I have no idea how it even occurred. *Sigh*

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1a4jnmte1lc27mu/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

Rep:
Level 85
Update again...this time to include the DynRPG.ini file so that the game doesn't crash, and fix that random Youkai Mountain issue...Of quick note, in the introduction battle, there are several dummied skills. Don't bother with these as they are not finished yet and I never took them out or finished them yet...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wnbcxfi6of7p748/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.119.rar

Rep:
Level 85
Another map fix patch because...SDM error again (one event in main foyer that I somehow didn't fix even though I swear I did??). Also, some map music errors fixed.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tx6w34usmcthn8v/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

Rep:
Level 85
Another update for SDM, due to ANOTHER teleport error...what is with all the teleport errors and tile errors!? I swear guys, I checked these events! I guess I didn't check them hard enough...I really apologize for all of these updates -V-;;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1odri0h22bot1k0/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

Rep:
Level 85
New update patch. What's new?

SDM teleport event to 2nd library after 2nd Misty Lake visit is fixed.
Misty Lake speed bug should be fixed now.
Poltergeist Mansion speed bug should be fixed now. In addition, can now change party members whenever up until 3rd boss fight.
There were a few other changes, but I can't seem to recall what they are...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7c8p3mki7md716i/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

EDIT - Not included in the patch, but will be included in the next update, are some new boss sprites for Chaos, Fate, and Order~

Courtesy of HyperCombinationFinish/AudioVisual~ Much thanks to you, my man! ^^
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:41:28 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85

Okay, this is probably going to be the last map from this dungeon. I just want everyone's opinion on if this looks more valley-like (since ya know, it's supposed to be a valley)? I feel like it works for a valley anyways...

On that note, I just realized this dungeon already has 16 maps, and I haven't even gotten to the second boss of the dungeon (of 4. The last two are fought at the very end of course). Not sure how many more maps I should have between the next screen (which is the second boss screen, where the player will fight the Marquis Malboro) and to the end of the dungeon. The player will have to backtrack out, and the Malboros will still be around even after the Marquis is defeated, and the status tiles will still be there as well. Hmm...

And yes, by the save point/music changer, there is a status/MP recovery spring, and the green sprout will give the party MP Regen: 50 turns (because there's no way to really heal MP in battle so may have to rely on this...not sure how to handle the MP problem because it will be a big problem in-battle. Outside, can still use MP recovery items so...)

Rep:
Level 40
Just keep scrollin'~
Wow, amazing work...

Rep:
Level 85
So, new concept art! This time, for Pestilence, done courtesy of Avee! Much thanks to you bro!

I think it's very fitting myself personally~ She looks unique enough from all the other components, and it fits her name I think. Color scheme is really nicely done too~

Rep:
Level 85
Update Patch 1.20: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8nhi5so8cs4vibp/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.120.rar

Fixed some more bugs all over the place, some that once again baffle me as to how they even existed. Not much else to say here! Still currently working on beta5 stuff, so if there's anything that seems off in beta1-4, do let me know!

Rep:
Level 85

Rep:
Level 85

You see this room? This is the right room (there's a left room as well). The main switch to proceed in this dungeon in in the center. Main goal is to get all 3 colored switches down. However, you cannot enter this room normally so you have to go to the left room and do stuff there to get into this room (there's also a hidden passage in the south walls between the two rooms). The other room is similarly shaped as this one too

There are 3 switches: Yellow, Blue, and Red. The colored blocks you see in the first images are all raised or lowered depending on the switch pressed. What I need help is well...setting up the puzzle really! I'm terrible with making puzzles, and this is the ONLY puzzle in the entire dungeon. In fact, the dungeon itself is extremely short. So if anyone can help with these puzzles, that'd be fantastic. x_x;;

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)

You see this room? This is the right room (there's a left room as well). The main switch to proceed in this dungeon in in the center. Main goal is to get all 3 colored switches down. However, you cannot enter this room normally so you have to go to the left room and do stuff there to get into this room (there's also a hidden passage in the south walls between the two rooms). The other room is similarly shaped as this one too

There are 3 switches: Yellow, Blue, and Red. The colored blocks you see in the first images are all raised or lowered depending on the switch pressed. What I need help is well...setting up the puzzle really! I'm terrible with making puzzles, and this is the ONLY puzzle in the entire dungeon. In fact, the dungeon itself is extremely short. So if anyone can help with these puzzles, that'd be fantastic. x_x;;

Yikes... That is a real puzzle to make. QwQ A unique one at that too. I wouldn't be able to help much this time around.
If I can imagine. It would involve Switches [One for each color], Teleports from random spots, 3 parallel events of the same kind that involves the three switches being active to proceed to the final area, battles of the elemental colors to activate them in 3 minutes, But it's just my imagination at least. It's how you make the puzzle that can be difficult.
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
Howdy! Boy, it sure has been a while since I last posted anything, eh? Don't worry, I'm still working on this game. Just was watching Naruto for a month straight is all heh...

In any event, not much to speak about here. Music getting updated, battle animations nearing closer to completion (went from 230 to 330 and now down to 180 some at the current time. It MIGHT be the first thing fully done for this damned game!). Nothing new mapping wise as I'm still annoyed with mapping and wish I had more mappers!

In any case, the boss theme that plays when fighting any of the Guardians of Pandora, "Chaos" (from Super Robot Wars) might get replaced with a boss theme from Final Fantasy. The thing is...which theme? I'm thinking The Fierce Battle from FFVI, but I don't know which remix would fit the best and sound good. And I'm not sure on what other boss themes would work well enough for this too. Any suggestions? Feel free to post any music that you think would work! And if you have any suggestions for any other music, now's the chance to tell me! Who knows? It might replace something in the game!

Hopefully I'll be getting around to releasing beta5 before the end of this year...I hope...

Rep:
Level 85
Howdy ya'll! I know it's been QUITE a long time since the last update, but I've been doing other things not related to TF (LPing, FFWiki work, etc.). Eventually I'll get back to working on it (I needed a good long break from working on it after doing 250 some animations. Still about 79 animations left to do, not counting character-specific sprites like status sprites), though mapping and eventing aren't something I'm looking forward to, lemme tell ya ha...

In any case, here! Have the most recent review for the game thus far!

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3758/reviews/3342/

Rep:
Level 85
Oi vey, been quite a while eh folks? But this time, I'm back to working on the game once again! Now doing eventing and dialogue for these dungeons, so going to get somewhere with this beta finally! Just taking a while to get the dialogue to come out right. The past two sets of dialogues have taken a full day each (outside of other distractions of course), so I'm not sure if I'm just being VERY picky about the dialogue or if I'm just super rusty at doing them now. Who knows!

In any case, I still need to revamp Human Village, Pandaemonium, and Hollowed Caverns (there's of course other dungeons that need revamped and/or finished, such as Chireiden and Ancient City, but those will come later, and I still need to add in Suzunaan as well). If anyone is interested in giving mapping a try, or knows how to map in RPG Maker 2k3 and at least decently, then let me know! Could use some good mappers to help take care of mapping while I'm doing eventing. Monsters/bosses will come after I finish events up so that I don't have to worry about fighting things while trying to test out events.

Any other suggestions or any questions concerning the game or development for it, feel free to post them!

Of note, for right now if you are getting any updates or the game itself, make sure to get the Touhou Fantasy Backup rar, and if you're new to the game, get the Facesets rar as well. That is all!

Rep:
Level 85
So I feel like talking a bit about each of the Fragments of Pandora, since it's been such a long time, and maybe perhaps there are a few of you out there interested in knowing about each of them. However, if you do not want spoilers, do not read! There are going to be quite a few spoilers in this particular post!

Spoiler for:
Gloom: Abilities revolve around manipulating emotions as you'd guess (which is funny, since I had this thought long before Hata no Kokoro was created for Touhou), but due to this not working on the other components, she's generally considered the weakest of the components. This is literally all I have on her: Nothing on personality, nothing on how she fights in battle, nothing...she's the least developed outside of Pandora thus far. Is antagonistic towards Parsee and Momiji.

During the optional boss fight with Gloom Complete, she changes her strategy a bit and utilizes her Illusionist abilities more, creating illusions of characters in the current party that uses the same abilities as the original party members. Damaging any of these illusions will also damage the original as well. Defeating Gloom will also defeat the illusions.

Guadians: Ice/King Behemoth, ????, Zodiark
Class: Puppetmaster/Illusionist
Height: 5'5"

Pestilence: Abilities revolve around manipulating diseases, as you'd expect. Unlike what you'd expect from someone like Death or Gloom, Pestilence, while appearing serene and calm, is a bit sadistic in nature (she doesn't really show that very often though). In-battle, she deals with a multitude of statuses, including of rare status effects such as Curse, Heat, Full Break, and Venom. She wields the spear Ame-no-nuhoko (which is an actual mythological spear). Is antagonistic towards Yuuka. Limit Break is Diseased Tempest.

During the optional boss fight with Pestilence Complete, the party will be inflicted with various statuses in a set order, starting at level 1 statuses and continuing up to level 10 statuses of varying degrees. These bypasses all innate immunities as well as equipment immunities, so the fight is pretty much a timed fight. Pestilence otherwise is pretty much the same as normal.

Guardians: Marquis Malboro, Beezlebub, Astroth, Cerberus
Class: Ark Knight
Height: 5'8"

Death: Abilities revolve around manipulating life and death, as you'd expect. However, Death is generally the most calm and honorable of the components, not using her abilities very often even though she has the chance to do so many times throughout the story. However, holds a grudge against Order due to how often Order has backstabbed her, and is generally seen often with Pestilence. In-battle, she deals with instant death as well as many of the generic statuses (in essence, she's like how Komachi is in the story). Is antagonistic towards Komachi. Wields the scythe Yomotsugama Izanami. Limit Break is Apocalypse.

During the optional boss fight with Death Complete, Death will start a time limit on a specific character, and once time is up, the character is permanently killed and unable to be brought back at all (the character is outright removed from the fight and unable to be brought back via Hope's Return spell). Death otherwise is the same as usual pretty much.

Guardians: Iron Giant, Omega Weapon, Ozma, Hades
Class: Time Mage/Necromaner
Height: 6'1"

Fate: Abilities revolve around manipulation of fate obviously. Fate is happy-go-lucky and fun-loving, but can be deathly serious when the need arises. While she can manipulate fate, she only does so to a degree, as her abilities cannot extend to anything related to the Pandora's Box. Is antagonistic towards nobody but Order and Chaos, and is generally friendly with Hope. In-battle, her abilities revolve around mid-level elemental spells as well as mid-level statuses (basically, she's a jack-of-all-trades master-of-none type character). Does not actually wield any weapons at all. Limit Break is Cosmic Spear.

During the optional boss fight with Fate Complete, Fate will attempt to counter specific commands used by various party members with powerful abilities, making it hard to judge which abilities to use at which times. In addition, Fate no longer uses her elemental skillset that she originally has and instead starts using the more powerful Predict skillset (similar to what Shikieiki's skillset is).

Guardians: Exodus, Adrammelech, Ultima
Class: Oracle
Height: 4'9"

Hope: Abilities revolve around manipulation of light and dark. This is adversely affected by her personality: The more optimistic she is, the more light she gives off to her allies, but the more pessimistic she becomes, the more dark she ends off giving instead. This isn't really spoken of in-game yet however, but it's vaguely hinted at by Hope that she feeds off of the party's light to give strength. Is generally a sweet girl that tries to keep everyone's spirits up, but tends to fall into a depressive state due to her history of failing to stop Pandora. Is antagonistic towards Chaos and Order, but on friendly terms with Fate. Wields a staff named Khatvanga. Limit Break is Celestial Star.

Hope's full potential is unexplored outside of her ability to break all manners of mind control as well as giving more/less power depending on the amount of light that she is currently surrounded by.

Class: Seer/Cleric
Height: 5'1"

Chaos: Abilities revolve around utilizing the abilities of those she has defeated during the current cycle. She serves to aide whichever side of the spectrum is lowest (if light is lower than dark, she aides the light side, but if dark is lower than light, she aides the dark side). Is generally gruff and rough, and enjoys a good fight or in general beating down anyone. While she may appear sadistic, she is not and is usually just venting out her frustration or anger in this manner. Is antagonistic towards Hope, Fate, and Order, as well as Reimu. In-battle, is capable of using high-level elemental abilities (Tsunami, Hellfire, Judgment Bolt, etc.) as well as powerful abilities such as Maelstrom (reduces party's HP to 1), Graviga, and The Void (Instant Death + 9999 damage. Wields the weapon Varunastra, which is similar to Necrid's weapons in Soul Calibur II (allows her to create whatever weapon she wants at any given time). Limit Break is Cosmic Break.

During the optional boss fight with Chaos Complete, Chaos utilizes her actual skillset, ignoring all other abilities she has used in previous boss fights, and attacks much more frequently. In addition, she favors physical-based skills over magical-based skills, some of which will bypass the target's Defense stat entirely.

Guardians: Lich, Marilith, Kraken, Tiamat
Class: Berserker/Arcanist
Height: 5'10"

Order: Abilities revolve around usage of high-level magic. Is egotistical and self-centered, coming with a Messiah Complex believing that returning everything to nothingness and then recreating it herself by using The Void will give perfect order to everything. Has no regards to life at all and no sense of honor, but this may all be due to her being corrupted by Pandora as Fate and Hope explain in the story. Doesn't hesitate to use anyone for her own agendas. Is antagonistic towards Chaos, Fate, Hope, Reimu, and Byakuren. In-battle, is capable of using high-level magic, such as Ultima, Meteor, and Shadow Flare. Wields the staff Kaumodaki. Limit Break is Seraphic Law.

During the optional boss fight with Order Complete, Order simply uses the highest level magic spells available.

Guardians: Omega, Yiazmat
Class: Sage
Height: 5'10"

Pandora: Abilities are unknown at the time, but is capable of inflicting mass destruction when at full power after absorbing all of the fragments. Is bent on nothing but destruction and has no regards to life, but won't hesitate to ally herself with anyone capable of aiding her, such as Yuugenmagan. Is currently residing within Rinnosuke Morichika, using him as her vessel, but is generally surpressed by Yukari Yakumo's manipulation of borders. Is antagonistic towards most of the cast, but mostly to Reimu, Hope, Fate, Patchouli, and Sariel.

Class: Memorist
Height: N/A

Rep:
Level 85
Currently trying to redo first boss fight. This is what I have so far (might make a blog specifically for updating enemies/bosses, but for now I'll post this here so maybe I can get some feedback here. I never get feedback on my blog posts so...yeah):

Cirno (Pure attacker):

Attack
Diamond Blizzard: 150 Ice-elemental damage to party.
Minus K: AoE Freeze
Icicle Fall: ~60-80 Ice-elemental damage to one target + chance of Freeze.

Daiyousei:

Attack
Heal: Restores 40 HP to party
Reflect: Reflects all skills.
Regenga: Regen to party (Regen restores 5% Max HP every turn. This includes ALL turns)
Blink: Avoids all regular attacks.
Cure: Restores 150 HP to one ally.
Life: Revives KO'd ally with 25% Max HP. Only used if Cirno is dead.
Slow: Halves target's speed.

And since enemy types are all going to get innate abilities, this is what Cirno/Daiyousei would get.

Fairy: Auto-Life after X amount of turns. HP set to 50% of Max HP.

(Note: Still a WIP. Not sure how many turns should pass, and not sure on innate weaknesses/strengths to statuses/elements either yet, or if any other abilities. Fairies are generally strong only in numbers).

Since it's the first actual boss fight of the game, I still want it to be easy but also challenging while not being overly tough. The enemies will NOT change at all and will still be tutorial-like enemies (Fairies still use basic Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Aero/Water/Cure spells, Hornets still either attack or inflict Poison with Poison Needle, Alligators still have high strength and HP, but are still easily beaten, Eagles still attack and Dive, and Water Toads still only use Water or Attack. Nothing too powerful here). As they are right now, they're TOO easy to beat and require no strategy.

Here? Cirno is meant as a check to see if the player actually bought any Barettes (Halves Ice-elemental damage and prevents Freeze), while Daiyousei is a check to see if the player is smart enough to take her out first before taking out Cirno. I may also make it so that if Cirno dies first, Daiyousei will flee from the fight (she essentially gives up), but not sure if I will do that yet.

The problem right now is the Reflect/Blink combo, as if both are on any single target, that'll make the fight exceptionally hard (can't hit with skill due to Reflect, can't hit with regular attacks due to Blink). Not sure if one or the other should go. Note that you only have Reimu and Marisa at this point in the game, though if Marisa hit either of them with a Master Spark (75% chance of doing so), it's essentially a OHKO on them (however, it costs 90% of her Max MP to use it at level 1...). Originally, Daiyousei had Bravega/Protectga/Faithga too, but seeing as stat buffs in 2k3 are generally useless, she lost those.

Any suggestions/feedback/criticisms on this? It's important to me as I want to make the game more challenging (at least more fun and unique for battles anyways) without making it boring or too difficult. I can only do so much on my own. >_<

Yes, I finally got back to this game after 8 weeks or longer. Took that long just to finish the Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem LP, oi vey...

Rep:
Level 85
In other news, some more data! These are some other adjustments that may come to bosses as well. The Mystia/Rumia fights I feel are perfectly fine and don't need touched (maybe a set AI pattern for them? Not sure yet), and Marisa is Marisa, she's supposed to wipe the floor with you. So moving past Marisa, this is what I have for the next set of bosses.

Meiling: Give her Chakra (Restores 10% Max HP when used). Use Chakra every other turn, and between those have her use another attack. Meiling originally was to be the first boss whose skillset changed depending on the party's average level. She has a weaker version of Selaginella 9 (Gorgeous Sweet Flower) that does 150 Earth damage to everyone instead of the 300 that Selaginella does, but since your party never is below an average level of 7 (because of Cirno coming at level 9), this never happens. I'd like to still do a boss whose strengths and strategies change depending on the player's average level, but not sure how to do that yet. Otherwise, Meiling remains identical to how she normally is, bar the addition of Chakra. Note, she has 2500 HP, so Chakra heals 250 HP every time it's used. The break between attacks is to give the player time to heal up and prepare for whatever else Meiling will do, seeing as her attacks generally wreck the crap out of the party (Flying Flower Kick and Selaginella 9 in particular). She does still have Rainbow Wind Chime too for healing, so there's that!

Patchouli: While above 50% Max HP, loop spells in order of: Agni Shine > Spout > Dew Spear > Autumn Edge > Spring Wind. When 50% HP or less, loop spells in order of: Agni Shine > Silent Selene > Spout > Royal Flare > Dew Spear > Satellite Sunflower > Autumn Edge > Spring Wind. When under 25%, add Philosopher's Stone to end of list.

Sakuya: At 20-25% HP, uses Sakuya's World for 2 free turns.

In addition to the bosses so far (trying to figure out what to do with both of Reisen's boss fights to make her more unique/interesting), here's the updates that may come to specific enemy types!

Fairy: Auto-Life after X amount of turns. HP set to 50% of Max HP.

Plant: Auto-Regen. Weak vs. Fire/Wind. Absorb vs. Earth. Immune vs. Poison.

Youkai: Weak vs. Holy/Mystic.

Human: Weak vs. Poison.

Flying: Weak vs. Gravity. Absorb vs. Wind. Immune vs. Earth (only in air; otherwise, weak vs. Earth).

Undead: Weak vs. Holy. Absorb vs. Shadow/Poison. Immune vs. Instant Death.

Magician: Strong vs. Magic.

Dragon: Strong vs. Physicals.

Machine: Instant Death if MP is 0. Weak vs. Thunder.

Beast:

Insect:

God:

Also, I'm hearing people saying this game is pretty hard. What do you guys, whom have played the game through or some of the way, think of this? Do you think it holds true right now in the current version or not?

Rep:
Level 85
Howdy all! It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, don't worry, I've been working on the game. In fact, I got these events done now so I can actually work on the next dungeon's script, which shouldn't take too long (also moved one of the cutscenes from the end of beta4 to the end of the first downtime event. Will probably do this for other cutscenes as well to lessen how long the beta4 ending is). In addition to this, here's what's new:

Movesets for bosses:

Pestilence:

- Bad Breath: Chance to inflict blind, silence, poison, and slow on one target.
- Wither Shot: Single target phys damage + fear status.
- MP Drainkiss: Drains HP and MP from one target.
- Stone Breath: AOE petrify + earth damage.  Uses a battle event to inflict petrify, so it'll never hit more than three of your four characters.
- Shatter: Deals heavy earth damage to all petrified characters, and de-petrifies them.
- Pox Detonate: Deals damage to each character based on how many ailments are afflicting them.  Used frequently (but not always) on rounds 10X, 11X, 12X, which should effectively work like a two round cooldown on the skill, but sometimes make it take longer to get used.
- Uses her limit break when below 25% HP.

Death:

- Gates of Hades: AOE fire damage
- Light of Penance: Single target holy damage
- Lifebreak: Deals 4% as much damage as Minus Strike to one target.
- Life Ruin: Halves a target's max HP.
- Traveler: Damage dealt = # of steps taken by player/32. Or something like that.
- Reap: Deals single target damage equal to the target's current HP, and heals Death by that amount.  Effectively an instant death drain attack.  Used very rarely, a maximum of twice during the battle (use a high MP cost to limit this)
- Doom: Battle Event.  Any time a character is revived, Death responds by inflicting Doom status on them.

Order:

- Attacks in a set pattern.
- Holy: Uses on her first turn.  Single-target holy magic.
- Shadow Flare: Used on her second turn.  Single-target dark magic.
- Meltdown: Used on her third turn.  Single-target fire magic + deprotect.
- Freeze: Used on her fourth turn.  Single-target ice magic + freeze.
- Tornado: Used on her fifth turn.  Lowers a single target's HP to 1.
- On her sixth turn, she enacts a random law.
- Ultima: Used on her seventh turn.  AOE non-elemental damage.
- When below 25% HP, after using Ultima, she will use Seraphic Law (or whatever it gets renamed to) before starting her cycle over.

- Laws: When Order enacts a law it replaces the previous law, if there was one.  The current law is displayed in the corner of the screen by changing the battleback.  If the party breaks a law, their MP is reduced to zero.
- Forbidden: Revival: Any time a character is revived, the party's MP is reduced to zero.
- Forbidden: Buffs: Any time a character is buffed by a beneficial status effect, the party's MP is reduced to zero.  (Feel free to cut this one out if it's too much work to keep track of.)
- Forbidden: Items: Any time a character uses the Item command, the party's MP is reduced to zero.
- Forbidden: Normal Attacks: Any time a character uses the Attack command, the party's MP is reduced to zero.
- Forbidden: Expensive MP Costs: Any time a character spends more than 50 MP at a time, the party's MP is reduced to zero.

During the optional battle with Order Complete, she no longer uses Forbidden: Revival and Forbidden: Expensive MP Costs.  Instead she uses two new laws:
- Forbidden: Healing: Any time a character is healed, the party's MP is reduced to zero.
- Forbidden: MP Costs: Any time a character spends any amount of MP, the party's MP is reduced to zero.

In fights you cannot win, use Forbidden: Damage on turn one.

In addition to these (which are not implemented in the game yet), Remilia now has a new overworld passive:

OVERWORLD:
*Regeneration: Restores 1% Max HP to Remilia after every 50 steps taken.

OVERWORLD UPGRADES:

*Regeneration Level 2: Restores 5% Max HP to Remilia after every 50 steps taken.
*Regeneration Level 3: Restores 10% Max HP to Remilia after every 50 steps taken.

It's basically Patchouli's Mana Reserves (MP Stroll), but for HP instead (HP Stroll). In addition to this, I am thinking of making Auto-Potion (When damaged by anything, uses lowest healing item possible if HP lost is equal to specific values. For instance, if HP lost is at least 100, P will be used but if HP lost is more than 100, but less than 501, Lapis will be used), Auto-Med (Automatically uses corresponding status healing items when characters are inflicted with statuses. If too many are on one character, Faith is used instead which is normally only used by Sanae), and Auto-Phoenix (automatically uses lowest revival items available. If multiple characters are KO'd, will use lowest AoE revival items available) equipment abilities for characters (in particular, Nitori, Yumemi, and Reisen respectively). I'm not sure how well these can be coded, and it'll take some time to do, but do you guys think these would be worth having?

In addition, Spellspring MAY become a status as well (No MP Cost is what it is. I'd have to do it in a bizarre way though in which when MP is spent, it'll restore MP back to whatever the MP cost is at the time the status is inflicted. It's No MP Cost, but without making MP costs 0. Still have to have the MP to use things is all, and freezes MP at the state it would normally be in). Not sure if this should be given to any character right now or not, or make it an equipment ability from weapons.

That is all for now! May have some new images for the components to use for facesets too~

Rep:
Level 85
Oh my, been quite a while since my last post! I apologize for that folks, been having computer issues here and there (possible HDD or other hardware failure) so that's drained a bit of my motivation to work on the game a little, in addition to trying to keep up with Let's Plays for my Smashfest amongst other things. ^^;

So this is something that I need to get around to. LockeZ has helped with revamping some bosses, which I have yet to actually get around to touching, but overall just about every fight in the game needs retweaked so that they're not...all the same. This may also blend in with fixing characters and their abilities too (I kinda feel like I made AoE skills too cheap...but doing MP costs accordingly to level is hard!). I am looking for anyone who is willing to help brainstorm and fix up the enemies (and possibly playable characters as well) so that the game is more challenging and interesting to play. That is all really, nothing too major. I would be revamping these right away, but I am also in the midst of doing dialogue for beta5 so to speed that up. Eventually the ideas and whatnot will be implemented into the game, but not at the current time. Still...hearing inputs and the like on various enemies and bosses would be swell.

I suppose what I can do is list a boss/enemy, or the enemies and their groups in an area, and let you guys discuss them and try to come up with solutions for fixing them up? I guess with that said, I'll start with the initial area of the game, Misty Lake:

Spoiler for:
0001: Eagle
Level: 4
Max HP: 65
Max MP: 25
Attack: 58
Defense: 20
Magic: 20
Speed: 45
EXP: 40
Yen: 35
Item: P (50%)
Steal: Feather (50%)
Master Thief Steal: Large Feather (25%)
Bribe: Feather x8
Morph:
Critical Hit %: 0%
Condition Resist:
   Death: B
   Poison: B
   Blind: B
   Silence:B
   Berserk: B
   Confusion: B
   Sleep: B
   Paralyze: B
   Haste: B
   Amnesia: B
   Regen: B
   Protect: B
   MP Regen: B
   Venom: B
   Blink: B
   Petrify: B
   Freeze: B
   Slow: B
   Stop: B
Attribute Resist:
   Attacks: C
   Pierce: C
   Blunt: C
   Slash: C
   Fire: B
   Ice: B
   Thunder:B
   Water: B
   Earth: D
   Wind: E
   Holy: B
   Shadow: B
   Physical: C
   Exorcist: C
   Magic: C
   Ghost: C
   Absorb: C
   Cure: C
Attacks:
  Attack  (50)
  Beak (48)

0002: Fairy
Level: 2
Max HP: 80
Max MP: 100
Attack: 50
Defense: 20
Magic: 50
Speed: 38
EXP: 90
Yen: 42
Item: Fairy Dust (20%)
Steal: P (75%)
Master Thief Steal: Lapis (50%)
Bribe: Lapis
Morph:
Critical Hit %: 20%
Condition Resist:
   Silence: B
Attribute Resist:
   Wind: A
   Magic: D
Attacks:
   Attack (10)
   Fire (10)
   Blizzard (10)
   Thunder (10)
   Aero (10)
   Water (10)
   Cure (10)

0003: Hornet
Max HP: 45
Max MP: 24
Attack: 69
Defense: 22
Magic: 10
Speed: 44
EXP: 35
Yen: 16
Item: Antidote (60%)
Steal: P (50%)
Master Thief Steal: Lapis (25%)
Bribe: Antidote x2
Morph:
Condition Resist:
Attribute Resist:
   Thunder: A
Attacks:
   Attack (30)
   Poison Needle (28)
   Poison (28)

0004: Water Toad
Max HP: 56
Max MP: 80
Attack: 72
Defense: 50
Magic: 24
Speed: 36
EXP: 35
Yen: 32
Item: Frog Skin (30%)
Steal: Antidote (40%)
Master Thief Steal: Apple Gel (20%)
Bribe: P x4
Morph:
Condition Resist:
   Amnesia: E
Attribute Resist:
   Fire: C
   Ice: A
   Thunder:A
   Water: E
   Earth: B
   Wind: B
Attacks:
   Attack (20)
   Blizzard (20)
   Water (20)

0005: Alligator
Max HP: 145
Max MP: 10
Attack: 150
Defense: 80
Magic: 10
Speed: 30
EXP: 200
Yen: 24
Item: Lapis (30%)
Steal: Water Gem (20%)
Master Thief Steal: Water Gem x2 (10%)
Bribe: Water Gem x2
Morph:
Critical Hit %: 25%
Condition Resist:
Attribute Resist:
   Fire: C
   Ice: A
   Earth: B
Attacks:
   Attack (50)
   Double Attack (49)

0006: Daiyousei
Max HP: 550
Max MP: 300
Attack: 82
Defense: 5
Magic: 25
Speed: 40
EXP: 0
Yen: 400
Item: Lapis (100%)
Steal: B (60%)
Master Thief Steal: Oni Wine (30%)
Bribe: None
Morph: None
Condition Resist:
Attribute Resist:
   Fire: A
   Ice: E
   Water: E
Attacks:
   Attack (50)
   Heal (40; Only used when Daiyousei's HP is below 45% HP)

0007: Cirno
Max HP: 550
Max MP: 999
Attack: 94
Defense: 28
Magic: 29
Speed: 36
EXP: 0
Yen: 800
Item: B (100%)
Steal: Lapis (50%)
Master Thief Steal: Large P (25%)
Bribe: None
Morph: None
Condition Resist:
Attribute Resist:
   Fire: A
   Ice: E
   Water: D
Attacks:
  Attack  (45)
   Icicle Fall (40)
   Icicle Attack (40)

The main premise behind Misty Lake is to be a tutorial dungeon really. It's relatively short and the enemies aren't meant to be super tough or anything (you come through here initially with only two party members, both of which can generally OHKO any enemy short of the Alligator in one hit). Overall gimmick of each enemy, and what they're meant to be tutorial on, are as follows:

Fairy: Basic elemental magic, to get the player somewhat used to the elemental stuff, including resistances towards them (Marisa halves Magic damage naturally for now, but that may change).
Hornet: Standard enemy that attacks quickly and generally inflicts Poison. Usually attacks in groups of 3 or 5. Just an introduction to quick enemies and enemies that like to use status attacks, and whether or not the player comes prepared with status healing items or status preventing equipment.
Water Toad: Just a generic Water-elemental enemy, just there to get the player used to using elemental weaknesses to their advantage (Marisa is Lightning-elemental, making her strong against Water-elemental enemies but in turn she takes double damage from Water-elemental attacks).
Eagle: Generic enemy that just uses physical attacks, and usually attacks in groups of 3 or 5. Nothing special here, generally there to see how players handle large groups of enemies that are quick with physicals.
Alligator: Strong physical based enemy, the starting Notorious Monster of the game (rare monsters that are super powerful for the area the player visits). Not too difficult in terms of fighting, but hits pretty hard and has high stats in comparison to every other normal monster in the area.

With that said and done, let's talk about the bosses:

Daiyousei: Standard support unit, but as she stands right now she doesn't do much other than attack. See below for LockeZ's and my suggested update to her.
Cirno: Standard offensive unit. Is a check to see if the player brought the Barrette helmet or Anti-Freeze items to prevent/cure Freeze status. Nothing else too special about her right now.

So that's the first area in a nutshell. As for the suggested changes to the bosses? This is what is in mind:

Cirno: Goes Berserk when Daiyousei dies. Hit rate goes down as well but gains Haste.

Attack
Diamond Blizzard
Minus K
Icicle Fall

Daiyousei: Runs away when Cirno is dead and has no MP to revive her.

Attack
Heal
Regenga
Cure
Life
Slow

This is also keeping innate enemy species abilities in mind. For Fairy type enemies (in this instance, the Fairy, Daiyousei, and Cirno), have innate Auto-Life, where after X turns (X has not been defined yet), they will revive with 50% Max HP.

That is all! Any suggestions or fixes you have in mind for these enemies, or anything to ask or discuss, feel free to do so! I hope that some of ya'll would be interested in helping on this bit, as I feel it's one of the aspects of the game that kinda suffers a bit. ^^;

Rep:
Level 85
I'll get back to posting more enemies/bosses data for updating (though seems nobody is interested in that bit...), but thought I'd at least share these, if I haven't yet. I'm sure I have, but nonetheless, I present all of the Fragments of Pandora, all on one spritesheet!

These were all done by the wonderfully talented HyperCombinationFinish/AudioVisual, which I really REALLY appreciate him taking time to do all of these for me. Wish I could talk to the guy more, don't know what happened to him...

From left to right, for those who don't know, they are: Hope, Fate, Chaos, Order, Gloom, Death, Pestilence, and Pandora.

In other news, game progress has been relatively slow. All events up to the second Pandaemonium downtime event have been done, which in all honesty isn't that much. This does not include enemies and bosses of course, as those will come after finishing all maps and eventing, and this doesn't include shops or inventory either, which will also come afterwards. I am still in the midst of figuring out what to do with events and dialogues, since those are taking the most time in setting up. I am also still waiting on a map from pianotm so that I can check it out and see if everything works out fine and dandy, as well as set up the events there. I also need to still finish beta5 maps, as well as get the maps for the rest of the game done. If anyone is willing to help out in that regard, that would be fantastic. As well as fixing old enemies and bosses so that they require strategy and aren't "Just uses random skills" as they are now.

Rep:
Level 85
I know, it's been quite a while since I've last done one of these. There's...reasons for that really. Outside of having those constant BSoDs months ago, motivation loss in working on the game, and doing lots and lots of LPing, I just haven't really worked on the game too much. However, for the past month I've been working solely on dialogue, so as of now, beta5 is 50% complete with dialogue in-game, as well with most of the events that accommodate the dialogue. There's still some events here and there that'll need retweaking, but that'll be for later on AFTER I fully finish the dialogue script for the game, which is my main goal right now, then mapping, then eventing, and finally enemies/monsters and other stuff. So there's still quite a ways to go with the game!

For the full progress report, here's how the game is standing:

Characters: ??% (Unknown right now due to still needing to revamp Koishi's skillsets, and quite possibly revamping Byakuren's moveset entirely as well so that she's actually useful. Other changes my come to Suwako, Sanae, and Keine, depending on how things go)
Mapping: ~50-65% (Earlier maps still need redone (for a full list of those, see the bottom of this report) and all but three of the current beta5 maps are done, excluding maps used in cutscenes. None of beta6's and beta7's maps are made at all).
Eventing: ~50-60% (Some events aren't fully coded in and are not tested at all in beta5. These also include various puzzles in some dungeons. Some earlier dungeons need upgraded eventing done to them as well)
Enemies: ??% (Unknown due to not knowing exactly what will be in what dungeon in terms of regular enemies. This does not include the beta8 content, as it is full of optional enemies/bosses only)

For Characters:

Koishi Komeiji: Needs Blue Magic overhauled and less Blue Magic spells overall. Due to this, her Terrible Souvenir ability will also need readjusted in terms of damage formula.
Byakuren Hijiri: Complete overhaul of her moveset outside of her Holy/Shadow-elemental attacks. Reason being that due to a recent patch that I have yet to use, it is possible to temporarily change elemental resistances, therefore allowing me to relegate it to Nitori's Armor Elemental Bless skillset fully. Not sure what to do with Byakuren's skillset yet though
Suwako Moriya: Additional skills may be given that are dummied out so that Suwako gets more usage.
Sanae Kochiya: Abilities that purely boost stats will probably be modified to do something else.
Keine Kamishirasawa: EX Mode (Hakutaku) will probably be removed if I cannot get the stat modifiers to work properly. What may replace that as her secondary command, I would not know. In addition, the vast majority of her skills may get modified so as to not be based on stats.
Advent Cirno: Needs revised sprites to match the spritestyle of everyone else.
Youki: Needs revised sprites to match the spritestyle of everyone else.

For Mapping:

The current maps that need revamped are as follows:

Human Village: Needs to look more like a Japanese town. Also needs to include the Hieda Mansion somewhere.
Marisa's House: Needs updated to look more like Marisa's house, but in ruins.
Bamboo Forest of the Lost - Hard Path: Not sure what to do with this, but would like to reinstate this part of the dungeon.
Youkai Mountain (All of it): Needs to look better overall. Janky mapping all around.
Ancient City: Needs to look more like a Japanese town.
Chireiden: The idea here is to make it so that it's symmetrical throughout the entire dungeon, and the entire gimmick of the dungeon is to make all rooms symmetrical to one another. Not sure how to do this though...
Blazing Fires of Hell: Needs remapped a bit. Want it to feel more epic than it is...
Eastern Forest: Needs revamped. Not sure if it needs a gimmick or puzzle.
Cave to Makai: Needs remapped, but would still like to keep the map layouts the same. Just better looking maps is all that's needed, and probably smaller rooms in some areas.
Pandaemonium: Needs remapped badly. Too big and doesn't feel like Pandaemonium at all. It doesn't need to look "hellish", but more "crystalline" as it's stated to look in canon.
Hollowed Caverns: Needs remapped to be smaller overall.
Icicle Caves: Needs remapped badly.
Dream World: Mugenkan needs remapped badly. It needs to look more like a ruined mansion instead of...whatever it looks like.
Mayohiga: Needs to look like a deserted Japanese town.

For maps that still need mapped:

Ruins of Vina (pianotm is supposed to be working on this one)
Reimaden/Mima's Palace
Hokkai
Silent Shrine: Only the puzzle needs to be installed.
Hakurei Shrine - Forest
Misty Lake - River Bank
Forest of Magic - Lunatic Path
Scarlet Devil Mansion - Clocktower
Bamboo Forest of the Lost - Hanged Man's Route
Youkai Mountain - Genbu Marsh
Hakugyokurou - Netherworld
Road of Reconsideration - Sanzu River
Sunflower Field/Mugenkan
Probability Hyperspace Vessel
Chireiden - Basement Levels
Pandaemonium-R
Lunarian Capital
Lunarian Palace
Dimensional Tear
Sea of Clouds
Bhava-Agra
Dragon's Palace (Optional dungeon)
End of Gensokyo
Gaplands
The Void
Heart of Pandora
Alice's House - Inside (Currently being worked on by someone I know)

(Beta8 exclusive dungeons, so all optional stuff. This is obviously not the full list)

Myouren Temple Graveyard
Limestone Cavern
Hall of Dreams' Great Mausoleum
Shining Needle Castle
Mushroom Groove

That is everything for now. There is plans for adding in more recent Touhou characters such as the DDC characters as well as Hata no Kokoro and Sumireko Usami, but those won't happen for a very, very long time. If anyone has any ideas for any of these, or is willing to attempt mapping any of the maps, or would even like to beta test/LP what I have thus far, go for it! I would love to get more feedback on the game itself, and get it out there once again since there hasn't been much talk of the game in a couple years just about.

Rep:
Level 85
So, update report for those interested in this:

Mapping: Beta5 requires 3 more dungeons to be fully mapped, 2 to be revamped, and 1 to have a puzzle added. These include Reimaden (I don't know what to do for a magician's mansion), Hokkai (I COULD do this one actually right now, but need to figure out how big it should be), and Ruins of Vina (pianotm is still working on this hopefully) for mapping, Pandaemonium (seriously needs revamped and probably stuff added into it to make it feel more like a Palace of Hell. Of course, nothing grotesque or whatnot, but ya know) and Hollowed Caverns (just needs sized down overall) for revamping, and Silent Shrine (which requires a switch puzzle between 2 rooms). If anyone is willing to help brainstorm ideas for these, that'd help me out tremendously.

Eventing: Outside of the 3 dungeons that need mapped, dialogue is nearly 100% in for beta5. In fact, even dungeons not fully mapped have dialogue ready to be put in (Reimaden and Ruins of Vina). Dialogue goes up to Palanquin Ship, with Hokkai being right after that (which is the end of beta5). So in other words, one aspect of beta5 is nearly 100% done!

That is all really. Yes, 5 weeks and this is as much as I got done. Hey, game making takes a lot to do, especially when you do 3 1/2 weeks of Kingdom Hearts LPs, savvy!? So between 5 weeks, only 2 1/2 was spent on the game, but that's still quite a bit done anyways. Again, if anyone would like to discuss anything about the game, regarding balance, ideas, issues, etc. feel free to do so. I need all the feedback I can get to make this game as enjoyable as possible, and potentially speed up development of it. I do want to apologize for beta5 taking so long to finish. It has been 3-4 years since the last official beta release, which I honestly didn't expect to take so long. But revamping so many things and adding new things has taken up a lot of time, in addition to other things such as Let's Plays and life-related things. I hope that all of you will still stick around and enjoy the game at least! ^^