RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Ahhhh.....I see what you mean. I'll fix that up then and see if it doesn't look good ^^

EDIT: Alright, I tried some things, and there really isn't anything that makes it look good at all behind the walls. The dark tiles are too dark, and there's nothing else on the chipset that makes it look remotely good at all x_x lol
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:28:10 PM by Xenomic »

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
You could add the "ceiling" tiles to make it look thicker. ;)
Hi

Rep:
Level 85
Hmm....true.....I guess one more layer of the ceiling tile for the wall wouldn't hurt much.

Rep:
Level 85
Alright, so the beta should be released this week hopefully! I don't know where I'd put the download link for the beta at on this forum, so I'll just wait on that. In the meantime, I'm already going ahead and trying to make the Party Switch System, but that's going awful right now. Tis just confusing as all bloody hell, but I'll figure something out I suppose....the way the tutorial is written isn't that great >_<

EDIT: And now.....I wish to hire someone to do the Party Switch System. I just.....can't do this thing no matter what....I HAVE the beta pretty much ready to go, but I'm trying to do this now, so I can rest easy with it later.....but the way these tutorials are written just make me flabbergassed......I just can't comprehend what they're trying to say! So if anyone would like to help with the game, and knows about coding, PLEASE let me know! You'll be heavily credited for this.....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:36:02 AM by Xenomic »

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Hey, I know how to do a party switch system. I've put it in Warrior Dee's RPG, although it's not a great one, but it still works!  ;)
Hi

Rep:
Level 85
Think you'd be able to help me out with it? I'd REALLY appreciate it, since I'm just about at my wit's end with this RPG almost with all this coding lol. I'm actually curious now as to what you can do with it ^^

Rep:
Level 85
Well, I'll get to the renovations of the SDM here after the beta release, which should be tomorrow actually! So keep your fingers cross and hope that I got everything ready to go (only 2 bosses don't have animations to their attacks, and the SDM is the only one that needs remodeling right now, so that SHOULD be the only things missing....I hope).

Rep:
Level 85
Yup, after what seems to be forever (about 4 months I think?) of on and off working on this, I finally present to you the Touhou RPG beta release!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K51XOPG6

Keep in mind that you'll need to run the CommandFTP first in order to play the RPG. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll see if I can't fix things up. I'm hoping I have this going correctly ^^;;

You may leave any feedbacks, comments, fixes, ideas, and whatnot in this thread or the Touhou RPG thread. Keep in mind that there are spoilers in the file to be found, as I left the Touhou RPG Script Plot there for those who want a read, and want to know what happens later on (the script is only 1/4 of the full story, and the beta only goes up to about 1/2 of the current script....).

Enjoy, and I hope you all have fun with this! Looking forward to hearing from you guys ^^

I couldn't make the official topic on the main board, and this is what this post was going to be for, so yeah.....have to put it here ^^;;

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Hmmm... I wish I could play it, but I've got my hands full with WDRPG.

[offtopic]I working on it's last parts so I'm ready for it's release[/offtopic]
Hi

Rep:
Level 85
Well, whenever you have free time I suppose ^^

In the meantime, I'm going to take a quick break from the RPG until I get some minor things done for it, being the PHS system, some more sprites, and whatnot

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Yay, I have free time now since my RPG is complete...

downloading in a few secs...

EDIT: Whoa, wait a minute. It's FOUR HUNDRED EIGHTY SEVEN MEGABYTES?!
Hi

Rep:
Level 85
Aye. I've been working on and off for about 4 months now, and it's only about 1/8 completed I believe. The script that comes with it only goes up to the 1/4 mark so....

And that might be due to some of the music that comes with it, since some of it is going to be used later on and I decided to pop them in now (plus, it's used in a special location in the game as well).

Also, I'll be uploading a fixed version. That last version had one small bug that I fixed, and I don't know how to do patches aside from re-uploading the entire RPG again, unless anyone knows how to tell me this x_x

Rep:
Level 85
I would advise waiting right now, as I found a serious bug that should not have happened to begin with. For those of you who already downloaded it and have a save file, I would recommend moving the save file out of the folder and putting it somewhere else until you get the fixed version so you don't lose your save. I'm very sorry for the inconviences guys. The first one was an oversight on my part, but this one was out of my hands and I have no idea why it happened to begin with.

Rep:
Level 85
And now for those who want the fixed version, just redownload from the link again. That should fix all the problems ^^

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=677H44W0

New link, so that way it should be the fully fixed version. I don't know if people were getting a bad version or what....I'm hoping that this is fully fixed now and that all bugs are gone .V.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
400+ MB? That should not happen, for ANY RPG Maker game.

My advice is to cut down that huge size, it really isn't needed. What is taking all of that space anyway? Are you using WAV type music files? I can't see that size being caused by visual resources (due to 2003 only supporting 256 colour images).

If it IS your music, convert it all to MP3, or take out some of it.

Rep:
Level 85
If there are any glitches (particularly one involving a cutscene and another at the SDM), then try this map pack and apply it to the game (unzip all of these inside the Touhou RPG folder):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D6YPRB5Z

If not, then new link.....last one too, since this should fix everything >_<:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OQTXRNH7

Also, yes, most of it is music. I put in the music that I'll be using here later so that I don't have to worry about it at the current time. Also, they are MP3s (that's the only format I use) ^^;;
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:07:14 AM by Xenomic »

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Also, yes, most of it is music. I put in the music that I'll be using here later so that I don't have to worry about it at the current time. Also, they are MP3s (that's the only format I use) ^^;;

I guarantee that you will not use half of that music, and if you do the transition between them will be a bit too much. I would download your game, but the size is just way too big. Even though I have a 10MB/s connection, 400+ is just way too much for your RPG Maker game.

If excess resources take too much space in demos, take them out, it will also allow you to upload the files MUCH quicker too.  :)

Rep:
Level 85
The reason I have them is I use specific character themes for specific boss battles (in spirit of the Touhou games there). Though you are probably right in that I won't use half of what's in there. The game is though, as stated, only 1/8 completed so.....there's still a long ways to go with it. I expect several of the music in there will still be used (though I think I already stated in the debug room that a couple songs already probably won't be used, and I'm thinking of cutting out some bosses to make room too...)

Rep:
Level 85
Recent update to beta that fixes all known bugs up to the Forest of Bamboo:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2CP9S2RA

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
If you are going to have all 400+ MB in your project, I recommend downloading RMTool and..
1) Copy the folder of your project to somwehere else
2)Open RMTool, and check your game's database
3)Purge all files
4) Import any missing files.
REMEMBER TO DO THIS IN THE COPIED FOLDER, NOT YOUR ACTUAL GAME FOLDER OR A TON OF THINGS IS DELETED!

So that should cut down so of the size on your RPG.  ;)
Hi

Rep:
Level 85
I'll have to look into that then ^^;;

Recent update to beta that fixes all known bugs:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QYD1ZGKH

Patch to fix encounter rate and accuracy problems:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QKDXQMCS

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Wow. You should really beta test your game first before releasing it, because you have like, 4 downloads that are all fixes.
Hi

Rep:
Level 85
Funny thing is, that I did go through the game after i finished everything. Some were little bugs that I didn't even think of (such as the Bamboo Forest bug and SDM bugs, those were overlooked on my part), but there were a couple that just....should have never happened regardless of what I did, since they didn't happen when I tested them out (2 of them being in the SDM, one being in Eientei). I really don't know how those occurred at all....makes me question myself sometimes ~_~

EDIT: By the way, the last patch patches everything that was wrong....and I know why a couple of bugs existed. One was due to me reformatting the area map, but for some stupid reason, decided to add more "Move Ups" since I thought I had the event at the entrance, but had it at the same spot that the event originally was at....and the other was just due to having a Item Held being a Tonic for whatever reason....and not having the right variable on there (it was a variable named Forest Puzzle 2, but I had it as Forest Puzzle 1....). The others were just due to forgetting to turn on switches that prevented them from showing up, so they were still rather minor bugs that were easily fixed. Though it does urk me that I missed those the first time around, or the fact that I forgot about some of them (or otherwise didn't encounter them at all....). I think after I'm done reformatting how the SDM looks on the inside, and start working on the next segment of the demo, I'll have to keep a better, closer eye on what happens....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:07:49 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Well, after taking a break from working on this, I'm about to get back to it. Will probably fix up some of the grammar first and whatnot before moving any further at least ^^;

Also, Lazer Kirby, how goes that party-switch system so far? I can't really move forward until that's done (though I can fix up what needs fixed up and add in some stuff until then...^^;;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 11:45:06 PM by Xenomic »