RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Awesome, can't wait for them

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
And beta2 released! It is in the first post, but for those of you who want it now (and don't need the CommandFTP at all), here it is.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D3F6WY42

I'll probably get rid of beta1's link and patch later....not sure. Also, from here on out, I'll be uploading patches for the game, since I don't plan on any major changes. Except to inventory and sprites, but I can just upload the .lib file for that, right?

Also, since I forgot to say this, BETA1 SAVE FILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH BETA2!!! Reason being beta2 was heavily modified in terms of database and maps.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:34:13 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Might even have to restart from the beginning in beta3. Reason being due to the blasted stats system. Here's an example of the issue. In order to have a monster do at least 200 damage to say....Reimu, who has say....140 defense....I have to have its attack at around 400-600, and set Reimu's resistance to Attacks to be her taking 250% normal damage.....so yeah.....that's the issue right now.

Also, here's some things changing from beta2 to beta3.

*Stats of characters and monsters (to TRY to make it more balanced.....that's the hard part about this....).
*Abilities. Some characters are losing some abilities, though some may gain new ones. Reason being is that 9 of the 24 playable characters have healing abilities, and that's way too many. Also, Hakurei Border is too broken.....lol
*Dialogue! If you've noticed, there's plenty of text cut-offs, due to how janky the dialogue box in 2K3 is. If anyone can point out where all of these cut-offs are, I'd appreciate it x_x
*Fixing up minor stuff. There's some things that I've gotten from watching others play beta2 that I already fixed up (such as talking to a person to get an Amulet, but it gives a non-existent weapon instead). Even I forget about things in this game, and well....that's what beta testing is for, right? ^^;;

If anyone can help with making a balanced stat system, it'd be much appreciated x_x.

For instance, let's use Reimu as an example and her stats.

At level 4 (her starting level) her stats are as follows:

HP: 248
MP: 32
Attack: 55
Defense: 39
Magic: 40
Speed: 40

And at level 99, they are as follows (no equipment):

HP: 9084
MP: 816
Attack: 875
Defense: 500
Magic: 468
Speed: 448

Now the issue is, is I don't know if I really want to have stats that high. Granted, I may have to, but for them to be that high naturally? Seems a bit too much....also, for those who are wondering, here's the formulas for physical attacks

A: 500% more damage
B: 250% more damage
C: 100% damage
D: 75% damage
E: 50% damage

Note that every playable character has a B rating, and even then, they don't take much from physical attacks (as stated in the above example, Reimu with 200 Defense being attacked by a monster with 600 attack tends to take only 200 damage......which is not that great at all....and this is with equipment on too but still....later on enemies I want to be able to deal a bit more damage ya know? And NOT have to have ungodly high attack power like that since it doesn't go beyond 1000 for stats....). Would it be wiser to set a cap on natural stats (like say....255 for them? More for those that rely more on certain stats, like for Remilia since she uses physicals more, probably 355 for her naturally) and make them have a A ranking for them and monsters (sometimes B for monsters, depending), or would it be best to stick with what I have? : /

EDIT: After a quick test, here we go.....

Before results: In beta2, if Reimu were to fight an Eagle (that has 78 attack against Reimu with 49 Defense, Reimu with B rating), Eagle would do around 10 damage.

After results: Eagle with 78 attack vs Reimu with 23 Defense and B rating results in 32 damage to Reimu. However, due to changing her natural caps to 178 for Defense (as well as other stats to below 255), they only increase, if at all, by 1 point....which I don't know if I like that or not....

So yeah......dunno what to do here. Any suggestions? D:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:50:15 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Beta2 ver1.1 patch:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZTJKXZ4

Fixes up fatal bugs, as well as cleaning up some things. Still need to clean up some text wraps. Also fixes up abilities (some abilities are no longer present. If you are patching a game and playing a ver1 save with ver1.1, that ability will simply be a blank slot with 0 MP. Don't worry about that). Equipment has also been adjusted as well.

WARNING! I don't remember if this is the right way of patching or not, but if not, then be warned! Just drag and put these files into your Touhou Fantasy folder and changes should be made from there! I added all of the maps, as well as the .idb and .imt files, into that zip, so if that's how I was supposed to patch it, then that's good ^^;;
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:47:32 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Beta2 ver1.6 patch (includes slight extended story for beta3): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UZYI1FIC

Fixes up more bugs, and also includes slight extended story for beta3. However, be warned that you cannot leave the last area once you get into it.

Rep:
Level 85
And with that....version 1.7 patch released. Fixes up more bugs, and more extended story.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TR58Y2YQ

Unless other people find more bugs or whatnot, don't expect anymore patches until beta3 is released, which will be quite a ways from now.

Rep:
Level 85
As of this post, beta3 will be soon to be released! Pretty soon, isn't it? Reason being that I already had a lot of the maps done, and the maps that I DID have to do so far for beta3 were few (luckily). It's mostly storyline anyways, but this brings up the next topic.

Would you guys rather have beta3 when I finish it up, or wait until beta4? Note that beta3, as with beta1 and beta2, WILL be ending on a cliffhanger as always, though it's one of the more important cliffhangers for the 3/8th mark of the story (which you'll see why when it's done). Granted, it'll probably take a month or so before beta4 comes out, as I'll have to make a LOT of new maps and whatnot...which is something I don't look forward too (it wouldn't be so bad if, you know, I wasn't going to make Makai so large, or Pandaemonium, or Poltergeist Mansion...wait...I still have to do Poltergeist Mansion D: ).

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I guess it'd be better to wait for Beta 4, at least for me, since I have to replay it all again because my sister deleted it

Still, this game is amazing, great job

Rep:
Level 85
Well folks! I'm just here to let you all know...beta3 is on the horizon (as in, possibly released tomorrow. No, it's not an Aprils Fool's Day joke. It probably WILL be released tomorrow). All that's left is to add in attack animations, and that's it. For those who are wondering if you should start from the beginning or not, it probably wouldn't hurt. Yes, I know, pain in the ass, but hey...better to have a clean game than a game where it's full of stuff that shouldn't happen at all (as in, Cirno having much much later summons, characters joining the party, but with no equipment or no abilities, etc.). The only reason anyone would have to restart in these betas is mostly BECAUSE of new characters. And well...there's bound to be at least one new character per beta, though beta4 is exempt from this. I'll probably just make an area where the game will auto-patch the game when gotten to that point to avoid this later on. But that will be for beta4 onwards.

For those who are wondering who got added into beta3...well...let's say 2 temporary party members, and one new permament party member. I can't spoil who they are, but let's just say that they're all important to the story in one form or another. I'll let your imagination go as to whom they may be. Note that this beta is VERY storyline driven, so expect a lot more text than betas 1 and 2, and I mean A LOT of text. Beta4 is where a lot of the action is going to occur (you'll have to finish beta3 to see why).

Now, here's the thing I need help with. I still need artists and spriters who are willing to do original sprites and artwork for the original characters of the game (Hope, Chaos, Pandora, Fate, etc.), and need spriters to still do battle sprites for some characters (Yuka and Advent Cirno). Other than that, not much else is needed (save for fixing up minor things such as text cut-offs, mapping, balancing monsters, etc.). Maybe original music? I don't know yet. If anyone wishes to help on this project, do let me know! I am a bit tired of being ZUN right now as it is lol ^^;;

~Xenomic

Rep:
Level 85
And beta3 is released! Check first post for it! Also, be wary! First post was also updated with spoiler info! Enjoy! Oh...and it's best to start from the beginning to start fresh. Best to start clean than go with a file that's going to be all bonkers by the time you're done with it.

Rep:
Level 85
Fix patch for beta3 here (adds final boss of beta3, since I forgot to do so before I uploaded ^^;;).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OI4QXD0S

Rep:
Level 85
v1.02 patch for beta3 out:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OX2102NQ

Fixed random encounters in Forest of Bamboo.

Rep:
Level 85
Version 1.03 patch out! Fixes an event that's not supposed to happen earlier than it's happening...well, a couple events that's not supposed to happen before they happen, as well as makes the first battle with Remilia slightly easier.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=THCXAPUB

Rep:
Level 85
*Sign* ANOTHER PATCH GAIZ! This one for fixing up the Yuyuko event at Hakugyokurou...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ORLSEUDC

Rep:
Level 85
Hey guys! You know what time it is!? Time for another patch! How this one happened, I don't know really. Someone, a battle event failed miserably....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7VU5NX14
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:08:00 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:11:45 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 81
Dark Matter
You got a interesting project there^^
Graphically is a bit good.
(Good sprites, and regular mapping)

I will download it to take an better look and edit

ps: Put more of the UFO characters xD

See ya

Rep:
Level 85
And now looking for some suggestions for the rpg, if anyone has any, or for any help if anyone is pro enough with RPG Maker 2k3! Just PM for more details on that.

Starting tomorrow, work on beta4 will begin. Will I change the EXP system? I might actually, though that WOULD force a restart on the beta...AGAIN....which I'm sure people don't want to do...EXP is so fickle to work with in here. If anyone has any good ideas or suggestions on working and dealing with EXP, do let me know! Anywho, expect one final release for beta3 tomorrow, which is to fix up a few more bugs, and to fix up the debug room for everyone to enjoy! Yes...the debug room...which will be even better in beta4!

Anywho, here's a plan of what I'll be doing for beta4 (no spoilers here!):

*Storyline first...since no new maps to work with save for a couple.
*Going back and fixing up text-cut offs and any other bugs that have yet to be addressed. This is where I need YOUR help people! I'm only one guy D:
*Animations for attacks and the like
*During the beta, fixing up and adjusting enemies and bosses, as well as characters, if needed, and possibly rearranging the database again, which WILL result in starting from scratch...

That's the gist of it. After all of that, will release beta4 with a video on my YT channel. That is all!

Rep:
Level 85
Last patch for beta3 for now...unless something MAJOR comes up that needs fixed. This patch makes it so that, if by some reason the player were to win an unwinnable fight (Marisa at the Hakurei Shrine, Kaguya at Eientei, etc.), then it'll proceed as though the player lost. It also fixes up the Debug Room as well (which is the ???? option at the end of the beta) so that you can start the game over at level 1, 50, or 99, and start with either max Yen and items or not.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TZHXUD0Y

***EDIT: New patch since I forgot to add in the new item animations >_<***
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:57:42 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Still looking for those willing to help on the project, particularly right now with EXP (spriting is for later right now, but I can always use help on that of course)!. Trying to fix this up before I actually move on with the game, since this will force everyone to restart (I know, another restart?). However, this is REQUIRED since the EXP system last time was completely broken. FAR too slow or too fast to level up...never in-between. For those who are interested in helping, this is how the chart LOOKS right now:

Yeah....starts with 500 EXP, then increases by 1000 EXP per level. If anyone can come up with a good system to use for monsters based off of that, or have a better system to use, do let me know x_x

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I've been wanting to download this for a while now, but the thing that always got to me is the file size. If the file size is due to a lot resources not being used/used yet, make a copy of your project and use RMTool on the copy, then use the "Purge" command.

Rep:
Level 85
I split up the files so that the largest files are the music (yes, that big old 300 some MB file? That's just for music alone. Why so much music? Because I gave a lot of bosses their own theme from the Touhou series. And still more to come too x_x). And yes, ALL of that music is used in-game as well. The miniscule 7 MB or whatever it is for the main game...well....there's just a lot of maps not done in that, but it's easier to download that than the music files....

Rep:
Level 85
Hey there everyone! Just here to say that this isn't dead! Just been taking a very long vacation from it is all. Need to work up the motivation to get beta4 done...which is my main problem right now. Trying to make this segment not just a mere "boss rush" like it originally was going to be. That, and I'm trying to work out the story in my head...not as easy as you'd think! x_x

Rep:
Level 85
Hum....I haven't worked on this in over a month and a half....need motivation!!! >_<

And no! It's not dead! Just....taking its sweet time getting done!

Rep:
Level 85
Actually did SOME work on the game, though not that much (I didn't have internet for 2 days...stupid dog dug up and chewed up my net wire...), though it's the start of something! And Chaos now has her own sprites instead of borrowing another character's sprite. Hopefully Hope and Fate will follow suit.

Don't worry! I'll probably be working on this a lot more here soon since FFIII is now done (I'm running out of videos to do ya!)