RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
I really liked that song, so I decided to make a MIDI of it out of boredom. You got me wanting to try the Touhou series now.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
I really liked that song, so I decided to make a MIDI of it out of boredom. You got me wanting to try the Touhou series now.
WOW... you can made midi?!
awesome
*DL*
it's great for midi file...
can i ask a midi from you....
it's from this game too..
"Love Coloured Master Spark" hehehehehe
(btw, i'm the first downloaded your midi)
Suika Suika Tsurupettan Suika~~
____
And sorry... for my bad english...

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
No people, I'm not dead, and neither is this. Just been busy with doing my Final Fantasy video walkthroughs lately. Though I still plan for the next beta to be released around Christmas. Hopefully I'll be able to do that...^^;;

Rep:
Level 85
Well....just to show that this RPG isn't dead, here's a vid for you folks!

Thanks goes to Sirius for giving me his "vague" tip on how to set up the gimmick behind Keine's attacks. ^^: b  More info on the bosses are in the vid description.

Don't worry! More to come! I just have to figure out a few other things first (which I'll explain below), and set up the next dungeon, and I'll be good to go! Almost time to release another beta soon I think ^^;

As for my issue....well.....here's the problem that I'm trying to resolve right now. I have various Skill Books to teach abilities to whoever. However.....the issue is that nobody has the same Skill command (basically, one has Divinity, another Invoke Chi, another Lunatic, etc. etc.). And I'd like to be able to have say, Moonlight Scroll, teach the Moonlight Ray ability to anyone, but if I teach it to anyone (it's set to Normal), then they can't use it in-battle like I'd want them to. And I don't think making a switch will help either, since you can't choose who to use the item on at all :/

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
You might want to "prettify" your maps though, right now they look so open...

Rep:
Level 85
Of course. I'm just getting the maps MADE first. If they're not made, then I probably will never get around to fixing them up ^^;;

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Ummm.. I was wondering if you make a guide of this lol I'm quite suck in the Bamboo forest to Eientei. the signs puzzle one is wierd I'm so lost. Can ya help out?

Rep:
Level 85
Ah. So this is where ye found me out. Yeah, for those who need help with the Sign puzzles in the Forest of Bamboo section, here's the vid for that:

I do believe that you have to do these perfectly in the current beta, as the 3rd puzzle glitches up for whatever reason when done wrong....I don't know WHY, but it likes to not let anyone read any signs after resetting the puzzle. It's fixed now though for the current beta that'll be released later on.

Rep:
Level 85
Just a fair warning, but at the rate that I've been going, and with the lack of motivation to work on this game, I sincerely don't think that I'll have the beta ready for Christmas sadly....I will try to get as much done, but don't hold me to it.....

Also, what happened to all the videos? They're not working here now D:

Rep:
Level 85
Well....been a long time for me not doing anything, and so I actually got working a bit more on the RPG, being the maps of Youkai Mountain, since that's the next area that I'll be moving onto. Note that I am still working on these as well:

Entrance:

Next screen that splits into two paths:

Easy Path:

Hard Path (in progress):

Path Meeting, but unable to cross:

Blue area will be for parallel background (sky background). Hope you enjoy this little preview!

Still seems that the videos aren't working right......can anyone help me out on that bit? ^^;

Rep:
Level 85
No, project's not dead yet folks! Just taking my sweet slow time on it...). For those that don't know, it'll be a quick tour of the Youkai Mountain so far. It's not completely finished yet, but I'm liking the design of it so far...might rework it a little here and there too to make it more mountain-like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6by9jYWeWY

Hey, I just discovered this game, and I must say it's pretty awesome, good job man
Just, how many HP does Marisa have? I've been fighting her for like twenty minutes now, I have no more MP restoring itens, and she still hasn't died
wtf?

Edit:
Nevermind, I figured I was supposed to lose lol
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:37:42 PM by kujibiki57 »

I thought this was a pretty good game too. I just wish there were more weapon upgrades since it felt a bit annoying to enter the bamboo forest (which I consider to be the 4th dungeon) with the same stuff you had in the misty lake.

Rep:
Level 85
I think I have more items and stuff to the shops after the first visit to the SDM at the Human Village in the second beta (which I'm hoping to have out next month), so that should take care of that issue. That, and better accessories to help with certain bosses *coughMystiaRumiacough*

Rep:
Level 85
Now here's the issue I'm having.....I've been reading PMiSS (Perfect Memento in Strict Sense), and seeing where locations are in relation to each other. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, good read:

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense

Now, if you take a look at some of those articles for locations, you'll see some things aren't as they should be on my current map.

For those who don't know what's where, here's a quick overview.

1) Hakurei Shrine. To the north, is the Eastern Forest, which leads to the Makai Cave (and thus to Makai itself). To the east is the Hakurei Border (yes, it's very ghetto, but not much I can do about that right now). The forest to the south is the Autumnal Forest.

2) Misty Lake. Mansion on island (lol what? Island? That's not what it says for it in PMiSS) is the SDM.

3) Youkai Mountain, with the Great Youkai Forest to the south.

4) Human Village, with the Insect Forest to the east.

5) Forest of Magic, with Kourindou just south and the Mushroom Grove just to the east of it.

6) Bamboo Forest of Lost.

7) Frozen Forest, with Hakugyokurou slightly northwest.

8) Sanzu River. To the east in that little hourglass shape field is the Sunflower Field. Wonder who you can find there....and to the south there is Nameless Hill.

9) Prismriver Ruins. I know.....I have it in the completely wrong spot I think.

Now, if you look at PMiSS, here's what I see wrong with my map.

1) Hakurei Shrine, according to PMiSS, is the only shrine on the eastern side of Gensokyo. On the map, Youkai Mountain (where the Moriya Shrine is) is also on the east side.

2) Misty Lake is at the foot of the Youkai Mountain. Can you see the problem here?

3) SDM.....Island.....nuff said. I don't know what "the ridge of the lake" is either....

4) Sanzu River is on the other side of the mountain....see the problem here?

Granted, those COULD be relatively easy fixes, but not sure how I'd go about some other places (next to Misty Lake is supposed to be the Path of Darkness, which leads to Bloody Lake and then to Mugenkan. Doesn't look like much of a path right now but you know....).

Opinions/suggestions on the map is more than welcomed. And yes, STILL no border around the map to signify that it's enclosed.....

Oh yes....if anyone wants to contribute to this project, go for it. I wouldn't mind getting some help on this at all. Might help motivate me more on working, especially with these maps and stuff D: Full credit would be given of course to anyone that wants to help.

Rep:
Level 85
First post updated and removed videos to save space and to remove spoilers I guess. Videos can be found on the playlist link in that post.

For those who are wondering what my current plans are, this is what I have in store before releasing the next beta, which will require a lot of work to finish properly. Note that there are some spoilers in here too, so beware.

TO-DO LIST

CHARACTER SPRITES

Advent Cirno
Adding expressions and motions to sprites to make them more livelier.

BATTLE SPRITES

(All sprites are currently placeholders)
Finish all status sprites for each character.

BATTLE ANIMATIONS

Tenshi's last 2 attacks
Rest of Momiji's animations
Finish up Nitori's, Yukari's, Sanae's, Alice's, Mokou's, Yuka's, and Advent Cirno's attacks

MONSTER SPRITES

Chaos
Pandora

OVERWORLD SPRITES

Chaos
Hope
Pandora
Tengus
Fate
Gloom

EVENT SCRIPTING

Youkai Mountain invasion event
Hakugyoukurou & Eientei events
Sidequests

MAPS

Hakugyokurou
Moriya Shrine
Rest of Youkai Mountain
Second half of Eientei

The majority of it are spriting, which I could definitely use a hand in (especially with adding in expressions and the like, and DEFINITELY the battle sprites for the characters, as those are merely placeholders for now....I hope.....also need help with getting Advent Cirno's overworld sprites done too x_x ). The maps I can probably do myself, though if anyone wants to try and tackle them theirselves, go for it. Event scripting is pretty much left to me alone, as well....I'm the only one that knows the story so.....^^;; Last thing is that confounded status battle sprites for the characters that do not have them yet (which is quite a few, though those might have to be redone if the battle sprites themselves are redone). Dunno if it's possible to go with the current SWR/UNL style at all or not, or if it would be better to go more FF5/6 styled with the sprites or whatnot x_x.

Battle animations might be a bit tricky, especially for someone like Momiji who I gave attacks that of course, she never had any to begin with. Not to mention those like Advent Cirno, Yuka, and Mokou.....yeah....a lot of work to do for that.

In other words, for anyone that is interested in helping with this project, contact me either here or by PM, or in this topic. Just let me know if there's anything that you would like to help with, or have anything to contribute to this project. I am trying to get beta 2 out this month if possible, though it may be unlikely since I'm the only one working on this project and thus have hardly any motivation to get stuff done on my own (been working on this for the past year myself....c'mon! I have an excuse!! D: ).
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:36:02 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
New vid, just to show the new animations (thanks to Meridius for his help on this):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_AK1bz1aE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_AK1bz1aE</a>

EDIT: And well....after getting to Sakuya, I ran into a problem.

Yeah....sprites are just too darn big, which means I have to redo them again >_<
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:43:40 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Another try at the animations (shrunk down Reimu's and Marisa's sprites some, as with Sakuya and Aya. Still think Marisa might be too big. Darn her stupid hat! .V. )

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jng18SVsWGI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jng18SVsWGI</a>

Rep:
Level 85
New vid~  This time showing a lot of animations!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLbLZf326VA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLbLZf326VA</a>

Eeeee~  A friend mentioned playing this game, and I just had to try it out.  I just hope I have the most recent downloads and patches...

Rep:
Level 85
Should be in the first post. Though keep in mind that beta1 is pretty much obsolete since a lot got changed in beta2 map-wise and database/event-wise.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
If you want to shrink down the sprites, use GIMP or Photoshop and use the scale tool. Both of these editors have a certain function which keeps picture aspect ratio intact when shrinking or expanding.

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah, that's what I've been using to shrink down my sprites. I think I have the right sizes that I want for the sprites now (as per the last video). It's not NEARLY as cluttered as before at least ^^;;

Gonna finish up sprite animations for the rest of the party members (that I can do) before I actually move onto the scripting and story again. Might as well get what I can done out of the way (though I didn't realize I'd be using so many animations for just characters. Almost 200 slots used alone x_x

Rep:
Level 85
And final animations video, which is a SPOILER video, as it contains the remainder party members that are completely optional and do not affect the story (save for 3).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhzK0yWNGkQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhzK0yWNGkQ</a>

Rep:
Level 85
Well, no vids or screenshots this time. Just saying that it's not dead that's all! Anywho, here's what's been done.

*Youkai Mountain is FINALLY completely done now....took a good 2 straight weeks of work to get everything done...
*Almost all sidequests that can be done are done (only 1 is not done right now)
*Hakugyokurou is in progress right now. Not that that'll be hard to do. Probably 1 long screen for stairs to the main place, then the main building and the garden. Nothing hard there.
*Winter Forest is completely done right now.
*Eientei will be the last part that I'll have to finish up. After that, all major storyline events will be done for the beta.

What still needs to be done~

*All status sprites redone
*Advent Cirno, Yuka, and Satori still need sprites! >_<
*Attack animations for attacks in the beta, including those for the playable characters in that beta

After those are done, I'll run through the game real quick to test for bugs, and then release beta2! Hopefully that won't take too long, and will be out by the time this month ends, or somewhere during the start of next month. ^^