RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
so I wana learn PHP

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
But I never know how or where to start.

with html and css it was simple. I downloaded templates, and modified them until I learned what everything was. Online tutorials came in after to help give me better understanding. (and of course the usual bugging roph <3 )

so I've tried once before to learn php. I gave some video tutorials a try but they never did any help. I was copying a person's code and listening to him tell me why its there and then blah blah.

any tips? ;-;
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I was able to do basic PHP stuff, but not really anything nifty. I can't even remember how I started, so I'm not much help.

Pester Roph about it.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
buy a book its a nice one to learn from a book.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Noumes, i'll let you know what book to get on monday... my instructor has a beginners book for PHP. He mentioned it to me yesterday when i asked him where i could learn php, but i forgot it's name.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sounds goooood
then off to adding mysql to the mixx :3

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I've found books to be perfect for learning code myself. I just use it like a dictionary most of the time. I want something centered, how do I do that, oh I use this attribute that's nifty. Something like that. : )

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I've found books to be perfect for learning code myself. I just use it like a dictionary most of the time. I want something centered, how do I do that, oh I use this attribute that's nifty. Something like that. : )

ya well thats perfect for css, but php is a bit different

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back