RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Legionwood - 15+ Hours of Gameplay!

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Friday, September 24th 2010

Hi everyone! Sadly, I've had to suspend the games downloads in order to upload a new one. My artist, Kken, has requested that I change her name in the credits and I felt I should honour her wish immediately. Thus, I've removed all previous downloads and am uploading a new one to RMN as we speak, which should be available sometime within the next 24 hours.

It will also include a small bug fix. If you've downloaded the current version, don't worry about downloading the new one, just simply go into the BGM folder, copy "Adventure Awaits.mid" and rename it to "BR - Adventure" to fix it yourself.
Developer of Legionwood and One Night and author of post-apocalyptic novel Sun Bleached Winter. Find everything I've made at http://drobertgrixti.com.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Announcing Legionwood Build 5!

I'm currently working on a "director's cut" of sorts for Legionwood. See, while the currently released build (Build 4.1) is playable from start to finish, it's rather unpolished at the moment as I was mainly interested on getting the game functionally completed and released. Thus, Build 4 contains some annoying mapping errors, some niggling bugs and a lot of ellipses in the dialogue that I don't like. There is also a fair bit of content that was cut to get the game out on time.

Build 5 seeks to fix all of these things. It includes a full script rewrite, remapped areas, rebalanced battles and all the little bugs cleaned up. Ultimately it will be a more polished version of Build 4 but it is otherwise identical - if you currently have Build 4, you're fine as is and you won't have to download Build 5, which is aimed more towards new players.
Developer of Legionwood and One Night and author of post-apocalyptic novel Sun Bleached Winter. Find everything I've made at http://drobertgrixti.com.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
*Chokes* I just started playing build 4, I guess I'll wait for build 5 that way I can get a good full experience.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
As I said, the additions are rather minor, so if you've got Build 4 you can easily play that for now. Build 5 should be up within 24 hours.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Build 5 is now out!

If you were waiting for Build 5 to come out so you can start the game, or if you were turned off by the many ellipses and misc. bugs in Build 4, check out the OP for updated links now!

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Sweet. I dl'ed the update.

Looks like ya fixed some mapping errors, too.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that I've been updating the game as bugs are reported, so even though I haven't announced any updates, if you're experiencing a problem, please check to make sure if another version is out first (which may have it fixed) before you report it.

Rep:
Level 75
how did you make the AP system I have never been able to find something like that and it would be really cool in my game.
i am only in the first chapter and the story line is amazing

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
The AP system is an open source script by KGC. You can find it on pretty much any RPG Maker site. It's best not to take it out of Legionwood because mine is configured especially for Legionwood.

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
Uh, not sure if this problem has already been taken care of but when i went to the armor shop in the starting village, there is a music error.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
@Black Breeze: Could you be a bit more specific describing that error? That particular building doesn't have music assigned to it, so it shouldn't have a music error. Maybe your Legionwood download was corrupted? Try it again and see if anything changes.

Tuesday, November 16th, 2010

Announcing the Tower of Trials expansion pack!

Hey there, Legionwood fans! Today, I'm happy to official announce the upcoming expansion pack, Legionwood: Tower of Trials, which is almost completely finished and will be released on December 15th, 2010.

Tower of Trials is an optional expansion pack for Legionwood: Tale of the Two Swords. It will not be distributed with the main game, and will instead be offered as a seperate download. It will not be possible to play Tower of Trials without having a copy of the main game handy; installing the expansion will simply add to your existing Legionwood game.

Tower of Trials adds extra post game content to Legionwood, in the form of an additional chapter that can be played after the ending scene of the main game. The storyline of the expansion pack takes place six months following Castoth's defeat and sees Lann and the group join together once more to investigate the mysterious titular Tower of Trials, a strange dimensional rift that has inexplicably appeared in the land of Rhasphodus. You can expect hours of gameplay as you explore new dungeons, learn new Techs, find new equipment, recruit a brand new summon and build your characters stronger than ever before!

The quest in Tower of Trials takes you beyond the world of Legionwood, into realms where only the fiercest monsters await you, including the land of Taltarus from Legionwood 2 and the deadly mansion from One Night 2: The Beyond. These are in addition to several more original locations, making for one huge dungeon crawl, a concept new to Legionwood.

Tower of Trials seeks to resolve the loose ends of Legionwood's plotline and expands upon characters that recieved little development. Fans of Zanthus in particular will be happy with what the new storyline offers.

So that's what awaits you in Legionwood: Tower of Trials, coming to infect your Legionwood game this December!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:32:15 AM by Dark Gaia »

Rep:
Level 82
I just started playing this game and I must say: WOW! This game is awesome! Youyr story is good, mapping is epic and all other features are great and the the game really gives an epic atmosphere! I like the game alot! So far I'm pretty much at the beginning :P I'll tell what I think when I finnish it :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Legionwood has been nominated for Project of the Season for Winter 2011. Vote here if you wish to support this project: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,41338.0.html

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Phoenix King
I've been playing this game for awhile and must say it's a lot of fun the mapping is great and the game-play is excellent. Overall wonderful game!

I am but a humble student of life. Come, let me show you what I've learned!

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
A Dreamer and a Weirdo
After reading this entire thread I have decided to download this tonight when I get home.

I did have a question which pertains to the stuff I quoted:  Where can you find this expansion?  I dont see any links to it on your RMN page, and none are in the first post.  Has the XPac not been released yet?

@Black Breeze: Could you be a bit more specific describing that error? That particular building doesn't have music assigned to it, so it shouldn't have a music error. Maybe your Legionwood download was corrupted? Try it again and see if anything changes.

Tuesday, November 16th, 2010

Announcing the Tower of Trials expansion pack!

Hey there, Legionwood fans! Today, I'm happy to official announce the upcoming expansion pack, Legionwood: Tower of Trials, which is almost completely finished and will be released on December 15th, 2010.

Tower of Trials is an optional expansion pack for Legionwood: Tale of the Two Swords. It will not be distributed with the main game, and will instead be offered as a seperate download. It will not be possible to play Tower of Trials without having a copy of the main game handy; installing the expansion will simply add to your existing Legionwood game.

Tower of Trials adds extra post game content to Legionwood, in the form of an additional chapter that can be played after the ending scene of the main game. The storyline of the expansion pack takes place six months following Castoth's defeat and sees Lann and the group join together once more to investigate the mysterious titular Tower of Trials, a strange dimensional rift that has inexplicably appeared in the land of Rhasphodus. You can expect hours of gameplay as you explore new dungeons, learn new Techs, find new equipment, recruit a brand new summon and build your characters stronger than ever before!

The quest in Tower of Trials takes you beyond the world of Legionwood, into realms where only the fiercest monsters await you, including the land of Taltarus from Legionwood 2 and the deadly mansion from One Night 2: The Beyond. These are in addition to several more original locations, making for one huge dungeon crawl, a concept new to Legionwood.

Tower of Trials seeks to resolve the loose ends of Legionwood's plotline and expands upon characters that recieved little development. Fans of Zanthus in particular will be happy with what the new storyline offers.

So that's what awaits you in Legionwood: Tower of Trials, coming to infect your Legionwood game this December!

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Well, I'm actually not sure if I posted the news on this site or not, but I lost the expansion in a hard drive crash and had to cancel it. As a compromise, I released a tweaked version of the original Legionwood to include what I had done in the expansion so far (and could salvage) which was a few cutscenes relating to the characterization of Zanthus, the Lich boss fight and a few skills.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Hi, everyone! I haven't posted any updates on this game for a long time, but I recently overhauled it and thought I'd pop in and copy/paste the update from the game's blog so that you all know what's going down. Here it is:

Hi there, Legionwood fans! In celebration of Legionwood being featured on the front page of RPG Maker.net, I'm happy to announce that the Final Edition of the game is now available to download!

The Final Edition is the definitive version of Legionwood. This updated build of the game completely fixes the last of the remaining bugs in the game, restores a smattering of cut beta content to the game (such as the extra floor of the Pirate's Cove and the Adventure theme music) and, best of all, features a completely rewritten script, with every line of dialogue in the game addressed for clarity, brevity and spelling and grammar errors. Each of Legionwood's characters now has a more distinct personality, and there is more emotion and characterisation in the game than in previous builds. Foreshadowing and references to Legionwood 2 have also been inserted into the game, to create a stronger link between the two titles.

All of this work, including rewriting the dialogue and tightening up the game code took me about a month to complete - it wasn't a small task, but I've wanted to update the original Legionwood for a while, so I placed the sequel on hiatus to get it done. Now that the Final Edition is online and ready to play, I'm inviting all Legionwood fans and new players alike to give it a try and pass the time until the next release of Legionwood 2 with a more polished, better written RPG that I'm sure they'll enjoy.

With that said, I'll get back to work on Legionwood 2. Now that the Final Edition of Legionwood is released, I'm happy to move on to the future and make some long-awaited progress on the sequel. Keep an eye out for Beta 3.0 of Legionwood 2 some time in October, and I'll bring you more news on the game's development as it happens.

So, if you haven't played the game yet, now's the time to do so :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Cool! Time to replay it :)