RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
NAM's VX Challenge

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I might join this... :P I'll get word back to you if I do.

Rep:
Level 85
Needs more driiiiiiiiiinks
2012 Project Of The Year
I'm thinking of joining. But could we make an exception for music? I am perfectly fine with keeping the default characters, pics and everything, but oh god the default music is horrible.

Ocean's Dreams blog! Contains RPG Design topics, Game updates and others!
Also check out my tumblr for smaller but more frequent updates!
http://http://oceansdreams.tumblr.com/

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Yes Please! The music sucks hard core ;A;

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
No. The point of the challenge is to try to make a good game even with the "oh-so-horrible" music.

Rep:
Level 85
Needs more driiiiiiiiiinks
2012 Project Of The Year
Oh and yeah, add me to the list. Hopefully I won't be too burdened with other stuff so I could at least release something.

Ocean's Dreams blog! Contains RPG Design topics, Game updates and others!
Also check out my tumblr for smaller but more frequent updates!
http://http://oceansdreams.tumblr.com/

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm thinking of joining. But could we make an exception for music? I am perfectly fine with keeping the default characters, pics and everything, but oh god the default music is horrible.

the only exceptions to the RTP rule are the variable fix for the Game_Interpreter class, and a title screen.

No. The point of the challenge is to try to make a good game even with the "oh-so-horrible" music.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
I'm in, but I will start Tomorrow. Gotta take an exam today.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm in, but I will start Tomorrow. Gotta take an exam today.

yours is due the 22nd then.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I'm a judge. Yay =3

I would not reccomend very long games. You got like, 20 days? If you try to make it very long, it won't be good.

You know..

Unless you spent most of your days on it ;-;
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Well, this is rather unfortunate.
I just got slammed with nice paper to write for english class, and won't be able to work on my game :/

I will step out of the competition and revise my role.

Instead of being a contestant, I will offer a prize.  You have the choice between either a simple script for XP or VX (complexity of the script subject to my interpretation and analysis), or one free art commission.

's a bummer, but school comes first :/

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
Startan Monday.

Zylos' boyfriend. <3
Rep:
Level 84
I am wolf, hear me howl.
I suppose I'll be giving my own share of bad news.

I'll be dropping from the challenge, sorry. Between school, my boyfriend, my job, and a sudden lack of motivation that's hit me, I just can't continue or finish in time, so I'm gonna bow out and watch to see how everyone else does.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
got it.

edit: judging guidelines posted, can't believe I forgot those.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:15:46 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
lll Carpe Diem lll
Sign me in!!!
I should be in time... :o
*  Name: Sexy Technique (おいろけの術, Oiroke no Jutsu; Viz "Ninja Centerfold", English TV "Sexy Jutsu", UK DVD "Art of Eros")
    * Type: E-rank, Supplementary
    * Users: Naruto Uzumaki, Konohamaru, Moegi, Udon
    * Hand Seal: Ram
    * Debut (Anime): Episode 1
    * Debut (Manga): Chapter 1

The Sexy Technique is simply a Transformation Technique used to transform the user into a beautiful, nude woman (or a woman in a bathing suit, as seen in episode 177 and the Naruto video games). Naruto uses it to distract his instructors, sometimes leading to an exaggerated nosebleed by the victim, and it is indeed annoyingly effective; even the Third Hokage swooned when Naruto used it on him. Naruto was forced to use this jutsu in order to receive training from Jiraiya and has also used it to get Jiraiya's attention if he was slacking off. A variant of this technique is the Harem Technique, which uses varying numbers of shadow clones in combination with the technique to produce multiple clones of a nude women. Naruto teaches the Sexy Technique to Konohamaru in episode 2, who in turn taught it to Moegi and Udon.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Sign me in!!!
I should be in time... :o

you just made it.
yours is due the 25th.

edit: Chaze007 dropped out, as expected.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:11:02 AM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Looking forward to this. : O

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Looking forward to this. : O

I dont expect more than 6 entries, tbh.
Hopefully we get that many, and I'd -love- to see some great work come of this.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I know that feeling very well. : ) -high five-

Rep:
Level 88
I might not make it in time. I haven't been able to work on it much, but I might manage to finish it by my deadline.

I won't be dropping out, but this is kinda just a heads-up in case you don't get my entry. (My internet has been dropping off and on the past week and a half, so you may not hear from me for a while.)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I have a fair amount of mapping done. Who knows? I might actually be able to finish this :P

The judging guidelines look pretty good. To reduce bias, it might be a good idea to distribute the games anonymously, just in case. Though, I'm sure all of the judges are trustworthy so that's not necessary.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Are signups for judging closed? ;o;

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I'm not sure if I'll make this but we'll see

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Are signups for judging closed? ;o;

I'll keep judging signups open until the first game is submitted.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I know for a fact that something that would normally have been used as a seperate script in the script editor can be condensed down into a few lines of a script command in an event. Would it be considered cheating to use this, even though I'm technically not adding a script?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
that's fine, 'call script' is perfectly legal.