RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
NAM's VX Challenge

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I have a fair amount of mapping done. Who knows? I might actually be able to finish this :P

The judging guidelines look pretty good. To reduce bias, it might be a good idea to distribute the games anonymously, just in case. Though, I'm sure all of the judges are trustworthy so that's not necessary.

Trustworthy

Funny you should use that word.
*wipes sweat*
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
that's fine, 'call script' is perfectly legal.

That makes things easy :P tyvm^^

That's so awesome... So, the only scripting that is disallowed is scripting in the editor. Fantastic.

Trustworthy

Funny you should use that word.
*wipes sweat*

lol :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 07:24:49 PM by Modern Algebra »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
I wouldn't mind judging. =]

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Everyone else would. Irock, just make an Eye of the Tiger. :V

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
Signups ARE CLOSED, NO EXCEPTIONS

Rep:
Level 88
Bleh, I'm dropping out. I got 2 papers due soon so I won't be able to finish in time. College foils me yet again.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
lll Carpe Diem lll
Dropping out... too much schoolwork ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9
*  Name: Sexy Technique (おいろけの術, Oiroke no Jutsu; Viz "Ninja Centerfold", English TV "Sexy Jutsu", UK DVD "Art of Eros")
    * Type: E-rank, Supplementary
    * Users: Naruto Uzumaki, Konohamaru, Moegi, Udon
    * Hand Seal: Ram
    * Debut (Anime): Episode 1
    * Debut (Manga): Chapter 1

The Sexy Technique is simply a Transformation Technique used to transform the user into a beautiful, nude woman (or a woman in a bathing suit, as seen in episode 177 and the Naruto video games). Naruto uses it to distract his instructors, sometimes leading to an exaggerated nosebleed by the victim, and it is indeed annoyingly effective; even the Third Hokage swooned when Naruto used it on him. Naruto was forced to use this jutsu in order to receive training from Jiraiya and has also used it to get Jiraiya's attention if he was slacking off. A variant of this technique is the Harem Technique, which uses varying numbers of shadow clones in combination with the technique to produce multiple clones of a nude women. Naruto teaches the Sexy Technique to Konohamaru in episode 2, who in turn taught it to Moegi and Udon.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
You should have started the contest mid March, around the 20th or something. Most people will have march break then. Well, as you can probably tell a lot of people aren't going to finish and dropping out.
Chances are I won't either, however I'm not going to drop out. I'll hand in enough content for judging and release a complete version after if I have to.

- -

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
I'm out as well. Nothing creative is coming to mind and I have only like 2mins worth of gameplay. Though this did give me my drive back to work on my own game.

Doneski
Rep:
Level 86
I actually have a full blown story for this lol.

I won't be dropping out because I'm not a pussy. And I have to work a lot next week.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I actually have a full blown story for this lol.

I won't be dropping out because I'm not a pussy. And I have to work a lot next week.

you're one that I expected to stick it out.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Thats a lot of drop outs and "I may not be able to"s
It actually makes the competition easier and less competitve but..

less fun too ;-;

Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Mr.moo's is due today and I haven't yet gotten a PM.
Mr.Moo has until midnight before he is disqualified

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008

Seven Nights

Download
-removed-

Game Info
Type: Social Sim/Dungeon Crawler
Length: Easily 1 hour. Enough for judgment I'd guess.
Credits: Just me, MrMoo.

Characters
Protagonist
You're a small female who is quite and only talks when spoken to mostly. She doesn't remember anything before the day she awakes from a dream explaining her current purpose. Her job is to solve a mystery going on at her school in seven nights or less, or else it'll be too late.

Carolyn
A sort of tsundere character, she has her hot and cold moments. She talks a lot (usually as your mouthpiece because you're silent) and has a strong interest in boys and relationships. She suddenly becomes interested in the mysterious deaths at her school, to the point where she forms an investigative team composed of you, her, and three other guys.

James
A shy and solitary boy, James keeps mostly to himself. If there was ever a need to talk, he would usually only answer with 3 words or less. As time goes on, he grows out of this habit due to his new found friends.

Keil
Brother of Carolyn, he is considered a nerdy geek by most people due to his study habits. However, in person he is definitely a more social type of person. Despite being teased by his sister constantly, Keil loves his sister more than his parents because of their life in boarding schools.

Ramses
A huge, thuggish looking guy who seems like all he cares about is sports. Ramses is usually called an idiot by other people, but soon after becoming friends with the rest of the team, he reveals his much more normal side.

So this game is incomplete. Despite being called seven nights, think of it as three nights. Too much time trying to compact so much content into a 15 day project didn't help. But I'll complete it if people like it, or add it into my current project as a side quest.
Anyways, if this project needs to be out in a separate thread, feel free to split it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:10:36 PM by NAMKCOR »

- -

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Moo, please don't post links to your game in this topic.
I said to PM me.

I removed the links.  Thank you for submitting.

edit: as to why, I would rather the games not be released until their judging is complete, so taht the community doesn't pressure teh judges by posting about the games.  I hope you understand.

All other contestants please abide by this rule.  Posting about your game is fine, but do not post links in public just yet.

edit; try to have the judging done within 5 days or so, to keep things rolling.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 12:43:50 AM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 102
Judged 7 Nights.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Won't make it sorry!
Just too busy with school ;_;

Rep:
Level 85
Needs more driiiiiiiiiinks
2012 Project Of The Year
Ah, 2 days left. I know I'll have something out, but too bad I can't go and have the complete game, but I never planned to even get as far as I am now. So yeah, not quitting, you'll have something from me unless something really unexpected comes up. I just wonder how I'll do compared to the others.

Ocean's Dreams blog! Contains RPG Design topics, Game updates and others!
Also check out my tumblr for smaller but more frequent updates!
http://http://oceansdreams.tumblr.com/

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Won't make it sorry!
Just too busy with school ;_;

yer out.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Oh, dear. It's so close. I will see if I can find the time to finish it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
GAX has until midnight to submit his game.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Is it too late to join in? if not id like to, i just made my account today  :P

Rep:
Level 102

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
sorry missed the post that said it was closed well i guess ill jump in on the next one if there is one.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

Hm, I wonder....

Dot. Dot. Dot.