NAM's VX Challenge
Alright Kiddos, this is a very simple challenge, obviously to be done with RMVX.Rules
- You may only use the RTP Resources: That means no custom scripts, sprites, or tiles. Eventing is fine. CUSTOM TITLE SCREENS ARE FINE. If it wasn't installed with the RTP, it's out of bounds.
- You -are- allowed to use this script, as it fixes the mistake enterbrain made with variables.
- You ARE allowed to move RTP resources into different folders (such as a face set to the pictures folder) as long as you do not modify it.
- You have 15 days from the time you sign up, to finish your game.
- You must submit a non-encrypted version of your game to the judges, but may submit an encrypted version for the public.
- Limit 1 member per team
- To submit your game, PM a link to me, and I will distribute it to the judges. After the voting ends you are free to post a project thread of your own
- Each judge is to play each game to completion, or to the point where they feel that they can adequately grade the game
- They are then to grade the game in the following categories (grade from 0 to 10):
-- Mapping Skill (how well they were able to use the default tileset)
-- Concept Originality (how fresh and new the game's story and/or mechanics were)
-- Execution (how well the game was delivered and how smoothly it played)
-- Fun Factor (was it fun?)
- The scores from all judges will be averaged to determine the game's final score
- If desired, the judge can write a review (of any desired length) to help explain their assessment.
- Judges are not to conspire with each other, or talk to each other about a game or games until the judging has been completed
Simple enough right? 15 days, RTP only. No gathering special resources or anything, just trying to make a killer game with what you have available right from the get-go. With the exception of a custom title screen, should you choose to use one.
It can be any sort of game, as long as no scripting goes into it other than the default scripts.STOP ASKING IF I WILL BEND THE RTP-ONLY RULE, I WILL NOT, THIS IS AN RTP ONLY CHALLENGE, BENDING THAT RULE DEFEATS THE PURPOSE.Signups ARE CLOSED, NO EXCEPTIONSContestants
- MrMoo (RMRK) - March 18th
Chaze007 (CP) - March 18th Revo (RMRK) - March 20th
- GuardianAngelX72 (CP) - March 19th
HowlingWinds (RMRK) - March 19th
- Bayard Zylos (RMRK) - March 20th
Modern Algebra (RMRK) - March 20th Zeichwolf (RMRK) - March 22nd Nessiah (RMRK) - March 20th
- Ocean (RMRK) - March 21st
- Knight Rider (RMRK) - March 22nd
- Susys (CP) - March 21st
- Starfyre (RMRK) - March 24th
- Kingmunkey (CP) - March 24th
Wolfram77 (RMRK) - March 25th
- Landith (CP)
- game_guy (CP)
- Nightwolf (RMRK)
- Blizzard (CP)
- Irockman1 (RMRK)
- 1st : 1st place signature/profile badge, and (pick one) either a free commission, or a simple script (complexity of script subject to interpretation and analysis by NAMKCOR)
- 2nd : a 2nd place signature/profile badge
- 3rd : a 3rd place signature/profile badge
For Dropping out, you get this consolation prize!
AND ALL THE SCORES ARE IN AND TALLIED
In first place:
Mapping - 8.6
Originality - 7.6
Execution - 8
Fun - 8.2
Overall - 8.1
In second place:
Mapping - 6.6
Originality - 7.6
Execution - 7.4
Fun - 7.8
Overall - 7.35
In third place:
Mapping - 7.2
Originality - 8.5
Execution - 5.9
Fun - 5.8
Overall - 6.85
And in last place:
Mapping - 4.6
Originality - 5
Execution - 5.3
Fun - 5
Overall - 4.95
I can't script right now due to no RMXP, but I can do art commission if that's the desired prize. Gratz people.