RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] A bunch of my weird midis

Rep:
Level 84
So I was bored today and figured I should find an RPG Maker forum and share my midis. These particular ones are for my game, but feel free to grab anything you like anyway. The chances of me ever finishing a game are pretty low, and besides, yours is probably better.  :P

It's probably not much compared to some peoples' works here, but bear with me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:26:53 AM by irock »

Rep:
Level 88
I can't really think of any comments other than they sound pretty decent. Not the best I've heard, but I like them. Nice work.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Are all the instruments in the center channel? You should use a bit more panning =)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 84
Not enough panning? That's strange. I usually go wild with panning unless there's a specific effect I'm trying to achieve, and those midis are definitely not exceptions.

I was going to wait until I finished another tune I was working on, but I'm a bit short on inspiration right now, so here's another two midis.  :)

Rep:
Level 84
Oh, I finished that one I was working on tonight. It's a final boss theme that I think turned out pretty well. Any comments? ^^

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Oh, I finished that one I was working on tonight. It's a final boss theme that I think turned out pretty well. Any comments? ^^

This is awesome. The beginning is very pretty, and actually it remains largely pretty over the course of the song, which is a nice change from many final battle themes. You make nice use of dissonance as well. You make excellent use of the piano and I love your chord progressions and cadences.

My only complaint would be that it doesn't feel urgent enough. Though, it does get a greater sense of urgency as the song progresses and the tension builds. So it's more personal preference, really, but as it stands this is an excellent composition.

I hope to hear more from you. :D
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 84
Wow, those are some nice compliments. Thanks!

I finished another piece last evening. Honestly not sure if it works for what I intended it for anymore, as I went a bit crazy, but I think it's nice to listen to in any case. ^^