RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Dragon Age Origins. Late to the party, i know. LOVE this game, BTW...
Don't play Dragon Age 2

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Been gaming a lot with Zeich this past week, and have some new things lent to me to try out now.

We managed to plow through:
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Illusion of Gaia
  • To The Moon
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • Lucky Tower 2
  • Several rounds of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Kirby's Air Ride, Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Double Dash.

I'm now playing through both Kingdom Hearts: ReCoded and The World Ends With You. I'm considering giving the Professor Layton series a try after I'm through with my Square Enix kick.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
New Vegas and Dark Souls. Probably be able to finish Dark Souls tonight and maybe NV Dead Money. Love the feeling of the NV DLC so far but it's kind of a drag most of the time. Fucking hate Dog's and God's banter. Dean Domino is cool, and Christine is pretty all right.
Played some Awesomenauts and Castle Crashers a few days back. Probably play some more this week too.

First steam sale that I didn't buy anything. I'm super busy right now, and with work, a new girlfriend, and meetings all the time, I just don't have gaming time. I might get torchlight 2 just so I have it though. I'd like to play that sometime.
yeah i'm pleasantly surprised I only bought castle crashers four pack and awesomenauts three pack for me and some buddies to split. I regret not getting max payne 1 and 2 but I've got a lot of games still unfinished and school starts in a week and a half so I'm not going to break bank for the principle of ownership rather than the enjoyment derived from it.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Awesomenauts is cool beans. I played it a lot on PS3 (it was free for PS+ people) and then a fair bit during the beta on PC. I bought it day 1 on Steam but never really played it much because I'd already played a ton. Still good tho.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Dark Souls is the cat's ass, and don't let anyone tell you that a DEX build is unplayable... it's just challenging to get off the ground.

Don't play Dragon Age 2

'splain?
:tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Apparently it's a hack and slash game and not a crpg. The writing is supposedly so awful (though I'mma level with you, DA:O was barely decent to begin with). One of the characters will get you in the sack no matter what dialog options you choose, regardless of gender. Your "biggie" choices are more or less meaningless (however this is pretty much on-par for bioware games this gen if you ask me). You're confined to one city and the "shit mountain" of monotonous and ugly outer hilly environments and practically one reused dungeon. It was rushed, poorly-written, and basically not Dragon Age. Some people say it would've been better-received under a different title.

But it's darker, sexier, and cooler than the first, according to the near-perfect PC Gamer review!

I feel like replaying DA:O or playing Awakening but the download and install size is pretty unappealing. Origin servers are surprisingly fast, though, so it could be okay.

Awesomenauts is cool beans. I played it a lot on PS3 (it was free for PS+ people) and then a fair bit during the beta on PC. I bought it day 1 on Steam but never really played it much because I'd already played a ton. Still good tho.
Yah Awesomenauts is pretty rad so far. I has a pretty steep curve to it. My brother and I played a couple rounds a few nights back and did not do well at all. I played the free weekend a while back for a few hours straight and got pretty good, but that's all gone now hahah. The one thing I dislike is how long it seems to take to unlock characters, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I've been playing Alan Wake, and my girlfriend has been watching.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Minecraft 13w02b
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Yah Awesomenauts is pretty rad so far. I has a pretty steep curve to it. My brother and I played a couple rounds a few nights back and did not do well at all. I played the free weekend a while back for a few hours straight and got pretty good, but that's all gone now hahah. The one thing I dislike is how long it seems to take to unlock characters, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Really? Have you played a DOTA style game before? I got really into it because it was pretty easy to learn, unlike any other DOTA game I've played. And I thought the progression was pretty zippy too, maybe like 3 levels per round and a round taking... not long at all against bots. Back when I played, though, the healer dude was broken as all get-out. He's still good, from what I understand, but not quite as good.

If you're having trouble you might just be playing some of the trickier characters. I remember the cowboy and the frog being a bit tricky and the big robot and healer being pretty simple. The monkey with the jetpack was ass for ages and then incredibly overpowered for about a week and then back to ass, from what I remember. The stealth Lizard dude has always been not too difficult to play and overpowered once you learn him, I think (not sure if he's been fixed, they kept trying to change him with every update). I haven't played a lot of the new characters.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
The Cave and New Super Mario Bros U
Both are pretty excellent so far.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
dota 2
serious sam 3
new NFS most wanted
sniper elite v2

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
ZombiU
New Super Mario Bros. U
Kirby's Epic Yarn

They're all pretty good, even if Kirby's Epic Yarn is really incredibly easy (I don't think you can lose?). ZombiU is a lot of fun and yet at the same time kind of boring. I know that doesn't make sense, but it's true. It feels like there's a lot more in the game I should be doing but there's not. Thinking about finishing up Nostalgia on my DS too.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
DLC for Dragon Age. Rediculously powerful equipment in there... also takes a few storyline liberties, but meh...

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Demo. It's not bad, but the controls on the Wii U take some getting used to.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's back to Skyrim again. Closing in on 350 hours now, and I'm still not sick of it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
What am I playing? WINDWAKER RACE WITH IROCK LEGGO

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Fire Emblem: Awakening

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Really? Have you played a DOTA style game before? I got really into it because it was pretty easy to learn, unlike any other DOTA game I've played. And I thought the progression was pretty zippy too, maybe like 3 levels per round and a round taking... not long at all against bots. Back when I played, though, the healer dude was broken as all get-out. He's still good, from what I understand, but not quite as good.

If you're having trouble you might just be playing some of the trickier characters. I remember the cowboy and the frog being a bit tricky and the big robot and healer being pretty simple. The monkey with the jetpack was ass for ages and then incredibly overpowered for about a week and then back to ass, from what I remember. The stealth Lizard dude has always been not too difficult to play and overpowered once you learn him, I think (not sure if he's been fixed, they kept trying to change him with every update). I haven't played a lot of the new characters.

Thank you for calling them DOTA games and not MOBAs.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9

I ordered a 3ds and got the game so I'll be playing it soon too, but I'm usually playing Assassin's Creed 3 Multiplayer (xbox 360)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Thank you for calling them DOTA games and not MOBAs.
True term is AoS

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Chrono Trigger, Mother 3

it's really nice to play chrono trigger on a tv as opposed to an emulator. homebrew on wii is seriously fantastic for emulating nes, snes, gba and genesis

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
MOBA is a stupid term it bugs me and sounds dumb.

Resident Evil 5 - It started out shit but it became kind of good and now it's like 1:1 entertaining to stupid design. Can't wait for RE6 though.

Tomb Raider looks rad...but I'm definitely going to buy it at a steeper discount since I'm not too big a fan of the standard TPS shooting paradigm and want to hear more impressions of it.

Re: Chewey: I did play a little bit of DOTA and some LoL, a tiny bit of HoN, and a couple hours of DOTA2. They gameplay never really clicked with me, but I understand the objective and basic mechanics. I'm not sure why Awesomenauts is tough for me (though admittedly I haven't played it in a while) but I do dig it. Maybe it's because I don't really play it as a DOTA game, more as a brawler.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
DOTA 2 will consume your life. don't start ok. i wish i hadn't.

Rep:
Level 64
I just started getting into the Fire Emblem series due to recommendations.

Currently I'm playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, and doing yet another run through of Suikoden 2.

Based on a few reviews and videos, I'll probably succumb to getting a 3DS solely for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

I've been playing this too for about a week. It might be my favorite in the series. Also been playing Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.