RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
my only question is, is tower of souls back because tower of souls was garbage. weapon master mode from 2 was the best alternate mode and I feel it was the REAL point to play the game outside of fighting your friends.
Absolutely. Weapon master from 2 was amazing. And what'd you mean Skanker that they practically removed Kilik? Favorite character ;.; ;.; ;.; ;.;
Well him and Lizard Man because it's a LIZARD MAN KNIGHT.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
It seems like they just plain didn't care about the stock characters in SCV, and they were wholly shooting for player-created characters. Really, the premade characters just provide the weapons and fighting styles, while its up to the player to create unique characters and make things interesting. In a weird way, it reminds me of Neverwinter Nights: You have these awesome tools, (character creation and the actual fighting engine,) and the premade characters are like NWN's story mode. They're just there to give examples.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
my only question is, is tower of souls back because tower of souls was garbage. weapon master mode from 2 was the best alternate mode and I feel it was the REAL point to play the game outside of fighting your friends.
Absolutely. Weapon master from 2 was amazing. And what'd you mean Skanker that they practically removed Kilik? Favorite character ;.; ;.; ;.; ;.;
They didn't remove Kilik, they replaced him with Xiba. Who is now my main.
And Lizard Man got replaced with Aeon, and they made Astaroth even more cheap.
Misturugi is even better <3, Cervantes is still annoying as fuck, Ezio is pretty awful but you can do tons of damage if you get lucky, Nightmare is just ridiculous, Siegfried sucks now, and they added a bunch of new gimmicky characters who are boring.

OH and Soul of Devil Jin for customizing characters, which is really awesome.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:17:44 AM by Doctor Sword »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
i hope you meant 2, you shouldn't play revelations until you beat 2

y u no play in order

Well, I read the detailed synopss and it doesn't hold a lot of interest right now.It will have it's time, i suppose; I have the story that I need.

And Revelations is pretty cool.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
How do you even understand what's going on? I couldn't even play Brotherhood until I beat 2, so I can't imagine what Revelations is like without knowing the story.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
But I do know the story! The Apple, the Papal Staff,
Spoiler for Assassin's creed 2 ending spoiler:
the advanced civilization that crossbred with humans and gave Altaiir and Ezio their Eagle Vision,
Ezio's family killed, Desmond and subject 16- I read all about it on the AC wiki to fill in the blanks.

Spoiler for The Big Secret:
]And of course, the end of the world and the "adam" and "eve" clip that ends with the binary for EDEN.

Sure, not as fun as experiencing it through the game, but I understand it. :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:55:38 AM by Strike_Reyhi »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
They didn't remove Kilik, they replaced him with Xiba. Who is now my main.
And Lizard Man got replaced with Aeon, and they made Astaroth even more cheap.
Misturugi is even better <3, Cervantes is still annoying as fuck, Ezio is pretty awful but you can do tons of damage if you get lucky, Nightmare is just ridiculous, Siegfried sucks now, and they added a bunch of new gimmicky characters who are boring.

OH and Soul of Devil Jin for customizing characters, which is really awesome.

They didn't replace Lizardman with Aeon, he's been Aeon all along. What I meant by removing Kilik is that they turned him into a mime and combined him and Seong-Mina into Xiba.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
All of the lizardman shit is really confusing, I know that the Lizardman in Soul Calibur 2 isn't Aeon. But I did think Aeon was brand new to 5 since I didn't recollect him having wings in the earlier games.

Oh and Kilik is in Soul Calibur V, as a weapons master who uses every fighting style of male characters. So he's not the same, but he's still there.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:50:35 PM by Doctor Sword »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Oooo I totally forgot about this thread... What you said about them having only a year to make the game makes much more sense. I'm going to have to take that into more consideration. I can't say I hate the game at all, with the massive time I've already spent playing it. I'm a little heart-broken with what they did to Sophitia (not going to spoil it for those who haven't played the game). Main hero gets a lot of hatred, but I think he's okay sometimes maybe? Pyhrra is cute, but she kinda annoys me sometimes. I kind of like her. Favorite is still Siegfried. I like Raphael a bunch, and was disappointed with him story. Well... LACK of story. A lot of people don't like him but I think his attitude is kind of amusing. Viola (oooh guess who that is? lmao) also lacked the grand "aha!" moment I hoped for with her discovering her true identity.

Overall, story was alright for me, given it's time period. That knowledge brings my compassion for the game up significantly. I will say that I am still depressed over the loss of so many characters. I really like a lot of battle styles. D: (Rather then 3 or so forms of the Sophitia style). And I miss Taki's hair on my customization list :mad:. That ponytail is sexy. Cassandra's hair was hawt, too. And pretty much the only fit for that awesome headband that likes to morph with everything else on the customization list. :mad:. I want Zasalamel, too. That sickle was pro.

Already level 48*. Dr.Mc has been doing nothing but play the game since we got it to level and get more customization gear. She has TOO much free time lol. Anyways, thank you for saying the thing about the time span. I feel a lot less disappointed now. I'd be a little more undisappointed if half the characters weren't creepy bug-eyed teenagers... ;9

@Sword - yeah, I've got every character but Dampierre. I don't think I can get him yet? Still haven't tested Algol. Oooh, and I got an Ivy bobble-head from pre-ordering the game. Yay? :V

--- Rant has now ended ---
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:29:40 PM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Mutant Muds - This game is fucking tough! It's really good though. If you have a 3DS you should get it.
Fallout New Vegas

can't wait for Tekken 3D Prime to come out! Tuesday and it's mine!! Haven't owned a Tekken since 3.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I beat Braid the other day. Still chipping my way through AC: revelations.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Just starting to chip away at AC:R meself. Very nice so far. Might go pick up SoulCalibur V soon, I haven't played a SC title since II.

EDIT: Got SC V. My daughters and I played it a bit, and so far it's pretty good. I like being able to play Ezio Auditore, even if he is kind of a "gimmie" character. Now to delve the story a bit!

EDIT part deux: The story was disappointing. I'm glad there are other modes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:43:11 PM by EvilM00s »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Playin:
Tekken 3D Prime Edition - It's really a lean port of Tekken 6, but I just love it.
Tales of The Abyss - Neat game so far, but what a lazy port.
F-Zero GX - Got around to buying it, and I love it.
Sin & Punishment Star Successor - cool game
Civ V

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
F-Zero GX~ Too hard.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Tales of The Abyss - Neat game so far, but what a lazy port.

Lazy how? And are the load times as bad as the PS2 version?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Been playing the original Silent Hill on my PSP since I never got to try the series before, though apparently it's the European version with the Grey Child enemies replaced with Mumblers due to some censorship laws about killing children in games. It's creepy as hell when you play it in the dark in the middle of the night when you can't sleep. ._.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
F-Zero GX is only like the bestest racing game ever man. (It is hard. ._.)

Lazy how? And are the load times as bad as the PS2 version?

Never played it but I hear they're not. They're about 1-3 seconds. The camera rotation is still ridiculously slow, though!

The menus screens are terribly scaled (sounds minor but it's pretty bad, and very ugly), the 3D is almost unacceptably subtle, the bottom screen is hardly used well, framerate is highly inconsistent (in battles it's been fine though), quite a bit of aliasing even without 3D

It's not a bad package, nor is it broken, it just seems so carelessly produced.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Thank you for the information, I think I might hold off on Tales of the Abyss for now and finish buying the DS RPG's I've missed out on.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Me3 demo- its incredible

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
SC V online sucks. Well, I suck at it. I tried playing other people and I spent most of my time face down. I get killed on the ground...

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Just finished Resident Evil 4... holy crap it was awful! For the record I've tried finishing it since it came out but finally on the Wii I forced myself to finish it and boy it was not worth it. That game would be better were it 50% shorter. Shame Revelations wasn't the promised "classical Resident Evil" it promised to be. At least the co-op in RE5 made that a great game to play with chewey-boy and if RE6 has anything like that I'll buy it, but if you're going to make more RE games you had better not leave out co-op or else they'll just turn into kusoge within a decade or so.

Phew!

Rep:
Level 97
You think RE5 is better than 4? Goodness...

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
No. If 4 had co-op it would probably be better than 5, but as it stands I had a thousand times more fun with 5 than with 4.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature SpaceFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I agree, actually. 4 is the better game but I had way more fun with 5.

Rep:
Level 94
Only if you play coop. If you play them single player, you'd be insane to think 5 was better.