RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Advert]The Night of Marian

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
This is a game made in like a day O_O
It's very early beta, so play at your own risk
I posted it for the sake of ...posting

Story
You are a cocky witch named Marian. During the night of Halloween your powers becomes stronger and allows you to use more advanced spells. You decided to take over the small town of Cecelia which is located near the Forest of Magic for your witch-y purposes. But something went wrong and your Arch nemesis Sally came into play.

Characters
Spoiler for:

Marian
A cocky 18 year old witch that wants to take over the small town of Cecelia for her selfish purposes.

Ash
Marian's Guardian Spirit. He's very knowledgeable and nothing much is known about him.

Sally
Marian's Rival, at least, that's how Marian defines her, despite the clear evidence that Sally is much better than her.

Features
- Custom Graphics
- Crappy Dialogue by Nessiah
- Original Soundtrack (by Dajhail)

ABS
1-5 changes commands Like Attack, Cure, Fireball, Waterbomb in order
MP is restored when you kill enemies :3

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Spoiler for If you get stuck in the beginning go here!:

Credits
Aten      -  dude who did most of the work and fix the mistakes as in everything
Nessiah -  slow dudette who did most of the artwork and extremely slow, as in very slow.
Dajhail   -  dude who did the tracks
Ocean    -  Dude who helped a lot
Emirpeon- Dude who fixed the portraits
ShinyToyGun - Summon Night Template, wherever you are you will always be remembered.
Skie        - Stolen NPC graphics came from
Flight-Plan- Summon Night style graphics
Theo  - Hand drawn maps inspiration
Vanit  - Mirror

Download
If everything is well I think you don't need the RTP
Original: http://www.savefile.com/files/1862764
Mirror: http://www.vanitstudios.com/Files/Mirrors/NightofMarian.rar

Note
Due to extreme change in my schedule (such as overwhelming chores and school all of a sudden) this game might not be as long as the other entries and would probably disappoint you. The Pumpkin Boss wasn't made in time because of Diwali and stuff ;-;
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:01:21 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 88
That looks really unique. I might try this later.

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I won't expect much though, this is one of those rushed contest game entries  :'(
I'm trying to remake it but making an ABS in 2k3 isn't ideal so maybe I'll changed it a lot later

Rep:
Level 88
Well, no matter. I love the way the world looks. The drawn graphics look great.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
lol Diwali XP
Dl'-ing
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Diwali, yeah I celebrate it too.

I never knew Fiji was around here.
I need to learn geography :O

looks unique, i'll try it out
Arlen is hot.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
...That was...shorter than I thought.  :o

Rep:
Level 85
See I told you   :-[

@Sherlock, Fiji is just below america or something

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
But the art was pretty well done :3
So give yoursely a pat on your back Nessiah~

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
ilu because this art reminds me of Yami's style.
and i loved that style. It's artistic, unique and anything can be done with it if you're good at it.

Excellent =3
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 84
See I told you   :-[

@Sherlock, Fiji is just below america or something

no fiji is actually out in the middle of the pacific ocean actually. Also, I'm still willing to help out on this if you want.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:02:45 AM by Emirpoen »

Rep:
Level 84
Stand Tall And Shake The Heavens
Project of the Month winner for February 2009
BTW, I'm the one who lives in Fiji and was celebrating Diwali instead of working on this hahaha!

Rep:
Level 85
Just bumping this to say I'm working on this for halloween-y. It's going over a complete redo, for those who are curious ;A;

The remake is going to look like this:

Thank you for bothering to read >w</
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 09:58:51 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 85
Hey thanks Kipe! I'm sure Aten would love that comment since he evented the system :)
I'm glad you liked it despite the short-ness of it! O_o

A redo of her character portrait for the curious:

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Attractive Female Member
I really adore that new sprite, very well done! The color palate is crisp and rich and the sprite has excellent proportions. I'm looking forward to halloween!

Rep:
Level 85
Thank you :D
Here's her alternate costume, I got comments they prefer the old one so I had to make another one 'w'

Rep:
Level 84
Stand Tall And Shake The Heavens
Project of the Month winner for February 2009
If it was up to me, we'd still be using rm2k3 for this, but Nessiah wants to use VX so.... now it's in VX. Nut VX isn't so bad now that I'm actually using it for once.  :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 09:12:12 PM by Aten »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
O.o

It's in VX now :D

I know that you already have an eventer for this project, but I would be more than willing to help out. Eventing ABS's is what I do best :)
That, and I can do Menus, HUD's, and a lot of other things. I'm mostly experienced in RMXP, but VX isn't too different.

Just don't forget to fix the Game_Interpreter script before you go bawls deep in eventing for VX. They screwed up some variables for tracking player levels and either the division or multiplication for variables too lol.

Rep:
Level 85
Ah I apologize for not replying sooner, I forgot I had this thread orz

O.o

It's in VX now :D

I know that you already have an eventer for this project, but I would be more than willing to help out. Eventing ABS's is what I do best :)
That, and I can do Menus, HUD's, and a lot of other things. I'm mostly experienced in RMXP, but VX isn't too different.

Well, Aten finished my CMS and HUD (more like fixed and improved haha) but I'm thinking hard if this game would even use an ABS due to many issues such as VX not having pixel movement script which is unfortunate :( Thank you for the offer though.

@grafikal, I installed that in my default "scripts" data folder thingy so it's all good~

Rep:
Level 83
haha.  Yay for one-day-in-the-making games!  Sounds fun.

-flap