RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] The Order of the Marten

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Joy, I'm still waiting for some information to base some writing on, assuming you still want me to do so. pleasepleasepleaseplease still want me to...
:tinysmile:

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Unsung Member
Just a small update today, I've added all the current screenshots with the updated mapping style. I also added an art section with a few of the other visuals.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
The new screenshots look fantastic. It makes a huge difference when everything isn't confined to a grid.

Rep:
Level 85
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Unsung Member
I give you..new greybriar (itsa big):
Spoiler for:

Need to populate it and add animation events for chimney smoke and the like..but yeah..'dere it is.

Edit: Populated..and fixed some saturation crap..and filled in some dead spots..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:41:48 PM by joy »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
That's... that's... unbelievable.
  - 

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
Great as always, joy! The dirt path especially. Super natural-looking.

One day when I start to learn how to parallax map, you'll be the first person I'll try to copy from. ;D

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
Awesome story you got there :D It's so well-put together and a pleasant to read. I especially like how you wrote Audrey's background >O< You have one more fan in your fanbase now :)

Rlly rlly can't wait for this game to be finished heheh ^-^
I support \\(>O<)b

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I can't PM for some reason. I have some snippets to show you.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Still looking pro, Joy!

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I'm surprised your still workin on this... This does look like a great game with awesome graphics but there's one problem... I like the games with magic elves you mentioned... lol I might try this when it's finished! I also understand your worry of abandoning it... My newest project is the longest I've ever worked on 1.   :lol:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'm surprised your still workin on this... This does look like a great game with awesome graphics but there's one problem... I like the games with magic elves you mentioned...
I don't want to speak for Joy, but... I don't think that really matters.

Btw, the game looks awesome.

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
Joy Joy we want we want updates  ;D
No rushing or anything but I kinda hoped for some screenies or something  ^-^  Since this is one of the project I really want to play (here here get some cookies to work :3)
I support \\(>O<)b

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
this project dead?

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
hi, where can we download it?

thanks

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Um, I noticed, joy, that you posted a new project... are you still working on this one?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
She said that this is still her main project. In fact, she has yet another project in the sidelines.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I see. Thank you.

Rep:
Level 85
Yup, not dead in the least, just need more time than I've currently got to give it justice. I plan on getting all my bits together and having everything ready to hammer a good bit out on this in the summer, when I will be in a break from university.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Oh good! I had hoped as much.

Rep:
Level 85
This one is also not dead. I am doing some world building on it right now. I'm actually running a tabletop rpg with some of my friends a few generations before the events of OotM to help flesh out the history of the world and build some lore.

I even made a physical puzzle game in the tabletop version for my player to solve. Image and explanation under the spoiler.

Spoiler for:

They discovered some items in a defunct Mage's Guild building and had to figure out how to use them to locate the place where two ley lines meet.

And here's the breakdown of how it worked:

1: The items as they discoverd them, a folded up piece of parchment with a leather cord around it with some sort of stone ring on the cord, and a small pouch.

2: It's a map! I spent about 3 hours on it, not finished yet, need to finish shading with watercolor pencils, write in city/region names and add the rest of the glyphs, only two were needed first campaign. The pouch contained two red gems with markings.

3: The "stone" (actually sculpey) ring had eight runes on it and two holes drilled through it. The gems had each a large dot, a line and a series of smaller dots (2 and 3).

4: On the map are glyphs inked in red and brown. They each have a distinct number of dots in their design (2 and 3).

5: The large dots align to north, and the players had to match the number of small dots to the glyphs. Once the gem is placed over the glyph, the red lines vanish and only the relevant rune part is visible, which once viewed with the line on the gem, forms one of the runes from the stone ring.

6: Once they figure out which rune it matches, they place the ring over the glyph with the proper rune oriented north. The drilled holes show where to mark down dots.

7: Once the dots are mared, the ring is removed.

8: Draw a line through the dots!

9: Do the same with the second glyph, and you find a point where the two lines intersect! Better pack up your gear, it's roadtrip time!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Hi, stranger.

Wow, your skill with props and cosplay is fantastic! How do you do it?

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
That's really cool, actually. I don't think I've heard of someone turning their project into a tabletop game as a way to build lore. The pieces themselves look really nice, too.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku