RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] The Order of the Marten

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Unsung Member
You're just so darned helpful!

Rep:
Level 85
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Unsung Member
Dun dun dun DUN! Okay, I got you folks something to actually see. I have an in-progress video showing some battle aspects. Included:
  • Skills requiring item consumption (Administer Arnica and Eyewash, Dust Cloud, Tranquilizing Shot, Toss Grenade, Smoke Screen and Apply Toxin)
  • Actor face bars courtesy of a script by Moogle Warrior.
  • Animated states by Ziifee and mob battler states by Modern Algebra
  • Multi-layerd animated battleback script by Zanfly (my own edited battleback and animation)
  • State variations by Ziifee (Oil increasing damage by fire/explosives)
  • Regen on guard by Synthesize
  • Graphics highly edited RTP and closet battlers and windowskin

Alright, without further ado, here it is. There's no sound in this one, once I hear back from Holk I'll have a full audio video and up the video quality as well. Beacuse of compression some of the fine details are lost, like many of the smaller blinking eyes in the background. Almost done with the battle system! Just one or two things to do~

So there we go! Let me know how it looks.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 04:18:04 PM by joy »

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
"An error occurred, please try again later"

D8

NO NOW MY CURIOSITY WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED T_T

or you know, it will be eventually, just not now.

;9

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Very nice joy; and very clever with the blinking eyes trick.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
*It has finally appeared to kitkat*

I liked it, and i'm looking forward to actually using it myself.

One day...*sigh.*

Still, fun ^^

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Very nice, Joy.

The graphics are wonderful. I like the fog effect. I've never seen that in battle before.

Rep:
Level 85
It's official: I adore this background parallax script.

I've been toying with this YERD script today and have gotten some more nifty effects for the game. Of course it works very well for making a nice scrolling sky, which I've done for a few battle zones, but I've experimented and gotten some other nifty effects; ore shining in the mines and rain in battle.

Here's the Rain effect (also with scrolling sky). It's not perfect just yet, need to tweak the raindrop ripples and maybe add a mild fog to it, but it looks good considering it's one still image just scrolling by very quickly.

The demo is coming along exceedingly well now, I've gotten some major momentum going in getting the database finished and all of the battle effects working as they should. All that really remains is the general evening process, which I'm hoping will run smoothly and quickly. Finals for summer term begin next week, so I'll be taking a few days break, but after that I'll be enjoying three weeks of no college and light work, soo..here's crossing fingers for getting the demo released in that time. I make no promises though..I will want a good deal of lazing about and spending time with my fiancee (without whom hardly any of this game would be possible, he's my story inspiration and ultimate focus group).

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!

Wow, it's genius!
The graphics are stunning and the battles look very nice.
I can't believe you've done all that with VX.

Great job, I'm looking forward to this game being released (at the full end point, when finished).
I love the story as well, or at least what I've read so far and the characters are divine.

Did I mention how much I love the graphics in and out of the battles? :>
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 85
Alrighty, in an effort to lessen a little bit of my workload so I can focus on eventing, I've opened up a recruitment topic.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,34001.0.html

Stop by if you'd like to lend a hand. (I do hope this doesn't make me seem lazy)

Rep:
Level 85
Hey guys. Just a little post to say that this project is most certainly -not- dead. I'll be firing it back up in October. I'm currently giving this GiaW a try to warm myself back up in gamemaking and gauge how much time per week I can work on a project so I can accurately estimate how long OotM will take with my current workload.

Rep:
Level 85
Triple post...whee!

So, a very relevant screencap to go with the un-pausing of work on this project. I've gotten back into full swing on this today and am doing some script cleanup and implementation before getting started on tying all of these intro event scenes together, including a pause script. It's high time this thing got going again.

Also, I'm still hoping to get a little help on these graphics, so if you fancy yourself a spriter, please consider swinging over to the recruitment thread.

Rep:
Level 83
Earth Crest Guardian
Where did you get that furnace section for a tileset O_O  That's pretty amazing.
i am more intrigued at the screenshots of in game battle and the characters pretty amazing stuff :o

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'd just like to say that this is my favorite project. I'm looking forward to this game so much. Also, I'd like to really praise Holk. I haven't heard a lot of his game music in the past and I know I've heard these tracks before somewhere around when he had posted them, but I just need to say that the two tracks you have posted are absolutely beautiful and brilliant and I think you're very lucky, Joy, to have Holk on this with you. Very nice.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Aw, thanks! That's sweet. Once I get a new keyboard, I'll be getting more stuff down. I'm glad Joy is back, too. I was a little worried!

Rep:
Level 85
Hee~ You guys are so freakin nice!

Yeah..college can be a real pain, but the semester's almost over..and I won't have to deal with genetics again. I've got something cool in the works, just waiting for one last piece to release it.

And yeah..Holk's music is -so- bloody pro, I have no idea what I did to deserve getting such an awesome team member.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I was thinking about it, and 'What's Mine is Mine' reminds me of the music in Chrono Trigger or Legend of Dragoon. In Legend of Dragoon, I think of this one town music that I can't recall the name of. I think it's the very first place you start at in Disc 2 or 3. Either way, I love both those games' soundtracks.

I agree, college is rough on the game making. Good luck though. I can't wait =)

Rep:
Level 85
Just a little post to announce a very big boost to the OotM team: grafikal has joined us as our team spriter!! Everyone dance!
 :seafood:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm getting a keyboard tonight, so let work resume! This is an awesome team!

Rep:
Level 94
It took me a bit longer than I had hoped, but I finally got a new keyboard. I'm going to get right back into writing, so I should have something to show to you tomorrow, Joy.

Rep:
Level 85

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
So, will this come to cost anything when it's finished - or before that?

Also, it doesn't really look like you need help but if you do I wouldn't mind helping in some way like maybe mapping. I would love to do art since I am an artist (manga artist exclusively, though) but (1) my scanner isn't and (2) it doesn't really look like you need any help on that front (I can't guarantee that my style would look quite enough like your style though even if you would like help on this). If you have to, please let me down easy~

~Rukishou

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Rep:
Level 85
As of yet there is no plan at all to charge for the game, I don't wanna have to track down some of the resource creator's I'm utilizing to arrange contracts/payments.

Right now I'm doing all of the mapping and I have another good mapper on staff, so I dunno if I could use you yet. I'll keep it in mind though. Just PM me with some examples of your work for me to consider.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Lots of talent on this project... If this isn't good I'll be surprised.
:tinysmile:

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
*Kitkatkan does a OotM-support dance*

Rep:
Level 82
The maps look awesome, better then me. Gonna check this game out. :zwink:
Z Gores % Done:
Events

Sprites [1]
Scripting