RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] The Order of the Marten

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, I really like the look of this project. There are too few RM RPGs with a female protagonist, and even fewer with such an intriguing world and story. Good luck!

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Attractive Female Member
Small update, updated the battle screens with the new font and color scheme, added some crafting screens and demo progress.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
holy crap you made VX look good.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, those new screenshots look great. I love your windowskin by the way, and the font choice is great too. This is definitely the most gorgeous looking VX game I've ever seen.

EDIT::

I am also super happy to see one of my scripts in such a fantastic looking project :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:10:28 PM by Modern Algebra »

Rep:
Level 85
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Unsung Member2010 Most Attractive Female Member
You guys are way too sweet. Sorry no updates lately, been a crazy busy week at school and work. Hopefully I can take some chill time Sunday and do some work on this bugger, maybe I can get this intro ready to go.

MA: Hehe..actually...your name's gonna be pretty big in the credits, I'm using a whopping eight of your scripts in this bad-boy.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm just posting here to say that I am honored to be able to compose the soundtrack for this project. When I look at all of the games on RM sites, very few catch my eye. I've been looking for a game to write for for a very long time. I've asked a few people, but none have ever really panned out. When I saw the screens for this, and read the description, I knew it was something that I wanted to be a part of. I immediately went to Joy, and told her I wanted in. That was about a month ago. With such a small team, (The two of us) getting things out for people is a slow process. Joy is working very hard on the game, and the things I've seen are very impressive. I've been writing every night, and I think what I've come up with so far is some of the best writing I've ever done. For the most part, I'm keeping the songs under wraps until the demo is released. I've found that when involved in a project like this, a person can do one of two things: Talk about it, or work on it. I'm the type that would rather get things done, and then talk about them afterward. However, I also know that if the flow of information is staunched, interest in something can dry up suddenly. That being said, I'm hoping to post a sample song in this thread in a week or so, just to give a taste. Check back here for updates~

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Wow, this project is crazy promising! Your artwork is superb, mapping is impeccable, and I love "real" stories. Holk's building up his soundtrack for this too, and I've gotta say, I'm pumped :lol:

Hehe, why didn't you finish any of those other projects... Just kidding, but seriously...

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I added two songs from the soundtrack to the original post. Just click the spoiler under "Music" and then press play, or download the files yourself. Please post comments, because I'd love to hear your impressions! Thanks~

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Omigawd, Holk, I love it! That sounds so professionally done (Almost a hint of the Tales games, with your own spin, o' course) Keep it up, it's turning out great.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
EXCELLENT JOB HOLK! This has become one of my favorites :)

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, those sound great. What is this still doing in New Projects anyway?

~Moved

Rep:
Level 83
Taka the Dark Wind
This looks to be a very promising game. Considering that there is no magic and has a politically fuel story, and still looks like a good game, is amazing. I'm looking forward to the release of this game.

Rep:
Level 85
Alrighty, working on getting a few videos ready for you guys, the intro and a battle demo. So here's a little sneak peek on the progress something from the intro.

I have one week off from college, so I'm going to try my damnedest to get this intro and battle vid done for you guys.

As for why I've never finished anything before? Hmm...your guess is as good as mine...maybe all my other ideas sucked and my subconscious made me forget about them instead of subjecting the public to them. ;p

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
lol, well your screenshot there is amazing :) i can't wait to see some videos! it's going to be awesome. good luck

Rep:
Level 97
Hey, this project has been nominated as a candidate for Project of the Month for June. Please vote here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33296.0.html

Best of luck; I love that art. I can hardly wait for that demo.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Grats on PotM! :)

Rep:
Level 85
Wow, I'm really just floored. I'm so happy that so many of you guys thought enough of this game to vote for it, it really charges me up to get this demo completed. I want to really thank you guys, and to do so, I hope to have some more goodies to show you all this weekend. Unfortunately I've been a little swamped with college and work these past few weeks, but I have been snagging some time to get this database fleshed out. I know Holk has also been working on some great stuff for the audio.

Thank you all so much~

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
oh wow, I jsut saw this cuz of POTM, looks nice man, it's actually organized!

Very well done, you've got all the cogs working for you, nothing to rediculously over the board, simple, organized, looks good, nice, the demo will be solid I'm positive.

grats on the POTM

I also havn't really played a solid VX rpg game yet, so gets the bonus points on being nice because it's in VX :P

Most of the well done VX projects are mini games, and they are never well done rather they're mind blowingly amazing haha, so yeah, good going on the first solid :)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Congratulations, Joy. :]

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, congrats on the PotM. I was very happy with the result of this vote :)

Rep:
Level 85
Hey guys.

I'm not dead, and neither is the game. I've been pretty busy at work lately and wrestling with school crap. I'm working on getting those videos together that I promised (intro and battle), but I've hit a snag. I need a good screencapture program. I'm currently using BSR screencapture because of the free part., but the size is very limited and compression is less than attractive. Any suggestions?

Oh, here's what I have captured, please excuse the grittiness of it all, and lack of sound. Filesize meant not having it, need to fix that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XirZzO4lK2Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sayIrCYoIKI

Edit- 07/05/09

Okay, fixed my issues with camstudio, so now the vids will be coming soon, even with sound! I've decided to include a small story scene mock up leading into the battle demo video (not in canon story), just a way to show off some dialog and some of the character quirks, also I've started working on some character animations, which I'd like to show off.

I hope to have several small personal animations for the characters (shaking their heads, shrugging, moving hands as they talk) so that dialog doesn't occur between two completely rigid characters.

Opinions on the first little idle animation?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:38:26 PM by joy »

Rep:
Level 85
Alright, got some questions for you folks...

Want a little feedback on how to manage day and night. I plan on having certain interactions in towns only available during either the day or night. Now, I know day/night systems are done to death with varying degrees of success/obnoxiousness.So, what do you guys think? Should it be on a timer in towns (maaaaybe some dungeons), OR should you instead select when you want to "wait until dusk"?

Also, since I've started doing animations for the main characters, I've decided I'd like to do basic idle animations for townspeople. So thinks like a bartender polishing a glass or wiping the counter, people moving hands as they converse and nodding, tapping their feet while waiting, ect. However, with this extra spriting investment I think I'd have to limit the number of unique NPC sprites. So! would you rather have lots of stagnant NPCs with a great variety of looks or a set of general NPCs who have greater motions and positions?

Also..another animation:

"They'll never find the bodies here."

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
well... I know what I would prefer, but you know that one way is a TON of work, and the other is work, but still very good. Of course I would prefer a ton of unique npc's with their own animations and what not, but it wouldn't be a disappointment if there weren't. I know how long it takes sometimes.

Rep:
Level 97
Would you prefer A or B?
I would prefer A & B!

I think I would prefer a small number of NPCs with different poses rather than lots of stagnant NPCs.

That being said, it depends on how big that small number is. If it were only like 10, then maybe the lots of stagnant NPCs would be better, but as long as there is some variety, I would prefer the poses.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:55:21 PM by modern algebra »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
lol, MA. That about sums it up, Joy. haha.