RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Demon Tower -- DEMO UP!

Rep:
Level 88
Demon Tower Demon Tower
Demon Demon DEMON TOWER

DEMON TOWER

Welcome to Demon Tower. Are you ready for something--something wonderful?

Click here to download Demon Tower!
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DOWNLOADED DEMON TOWER AND ARE EXPERIENCING LAG, PLEASE REFER TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST.

Basic Premise
Demon Tower is the story of fourteen souls climbing a large tower infested with fierce demons. Not all is as it seems, however, and there seems to be dischord within the legions of evil...

Demon Slaying 101
So, you've heard of a dragonslayer, eh? A lone knight, chasing a mightly wyrm and saving the princess it stole. Well, Demon Tower expands this. Demons aren't any sissy earth-dragons, that's for damn sure. You'll need your entire army of fourteen characters to take down these monsters. And the princess? Well, she's pretty as ever, but not exactly, shall we say, healthy.

The Fourteen Souls

Kristoph, the Knight Awry -- Man trying to regain political favor

Darren, the Dark Champion-- Quit the Arena due to his demonic pacts

Goldurn, the Guardian -- Warlord cursed by a double-edged artifact

Stefan the Seadog-- Pirate on a quest for fame and treasure

Felix, the Focused One -- Young monk avenging his fallen peers

Ha'naan the Hooker-- Attempting to rescue a trapped man

Never-age, the Ninja -- The mystic bodyguard of Eon Feather

Princess the Pyromancer-- With her amnesia, her doubts, her weakness...

Illinois, the Ice Magus -- Seeking revenge after the murder of his wife

Eon Feather the Epic Savant-- One with the Celunio force

Collin, the Coin Wizard -- Eccentric gambler

Martin IV the Medic-- Run-away teenager looking to become Dr. Pain

Apnis, the Acolyte -- Holy cleric of the strong Light Goddess Helena

Titania the Troubador Queen-- Challenged to prove herself to her bards

Exploring the Tower
The Demon Tower is split into a number of tiers--six floors each, and home to a demon. The higher you go, the more obscure it gets, and the better the treasure you find. Said treasure is arranged by tier: in brown chests, you'll find magical items worthy of your current tier. If you happen upon a special red chest, then hoo baby, you'll be rewarded with a magic item from the next tier up. Since these items are randomly chosen from a large list of Essence and weapons, every climb of the tower will yield new items, new toys, new strategies.

What is Essence? Essence is a mystic energy that forms into solid objects--almost. Essential items can mold into each other, meaning that even if you have two shield-like Essence on a tank character, you'll gain the benefits from both. A character can equip a weapon, a Soulpin, and four Essential items at the cost of Mana. Mana represents how much magical equipment a character can wear without going insane. While Mana probably won't be an issue early on, when you amass a great deal of Essence you'll need to start thinking about who really needs what.

Fending Off Monsters
Monsters in Demon Tower are encountered on the map, when you want to. Some groups may block passages, some may contain elite abominations, some may just be hanging out. Whatever the position, all monster encounters are unique: you'll never have to fight the same assembly of enemies twice! You can engage in Rebattle, however: by activating the defeated enemy icon (a slime as opposed to a wyvern or dragon), you'll fight a tougher version of that monster group. This is useful if you want a specific item drop or desire a little extra AP, but is totally optional and not necessary in order to complete the game successfully.

AP is a secondary form of experience (as with most RPGs, experience is EXP). While all fourteen characters earn EXP post-battle, AP is only gained while a character is in the battle party. When characters reach certain levels of AP, they gain a new skill. AP and the amount needed for the next skill can be seen in the Character part of the menu.

Why YOU Should Play Demon Tower
Here are few reasons:
  • The game is free!
  • You can take down some epic foes with an elite army of fourteen characters
  • The full game will feature nine tiers of play, and the demo showcases the first two
  • Each character has their own unique skillset, made to excel both on their own and in synergy with others
  • While primarily a team-based rogue-likeish dungeon crawl, Demon Tower offers a medium-paced story involving demons, power struggles, a mystic force known as the Celunio, and a dark prophecy of death
  • It's a high-quality game made by Craze!

http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/878/
Click the link to download Demon Tower!

If you have not already downloaded Demon Tower and the game is lagging, please download and apply this small fix--instructions and reasons are included in a .txt file within the zip.
http://www.rpgmaker.net/~craze/DEMONTOWER/DT_RSV_Fix01.zip

Thanks to: Karsuman, KGC, MrAnonymous, sandgolem, modern_algebra, Solstice, ERZENGEL, Magica, woratana, Vixotic, Khai, and CRAZE holy demonpoop. The monster graphics are by etolier studios and the facesets are by somebody I don't know! If anybody could tell me who made them, that would be awesome. Character/tile graphics are from RM2k/3.

If you want to know how something in the game was done, please ask me instead of just taking a random script out and pasting it into your game. Chances are that it will not work as intended because I've modded pretty much everything. I'll be happy to explain/show/link you to anything you want to know about, systems-wise.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:15:39 PM by Craze »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Very cool. Though I might suggest making your sprites a tad smaller. Your second screenshot looks like he's too big.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:42:19 AM by Prince Grafikal006 »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
<3 retro sprites
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Prince: Yeah, the charsets are a little taller than the walls, but I'm not changing it. It looks way better like this, trust me. =D

ALSO

THE DEMO DOWNLOAD LINK IS IN THE FIRST POST!

GOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOOOO!

Comment/reply asap! Now! Pronto! Ahora!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
VX w/ 2k3 graphics? looks interesting.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Prince: Yeah, the charsets are a little taller than the walls, but I'm not changing it. It looks way better like this, trust me. =D

ALSO

THE DEMO DOWNLOAD LINK IS IN THE FIRST POST!

GOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOOOOO!

Comment/reply asap! Now! Pronto! Ahora!

No problem :)   I was just refering to how wide the red guy was in your second screenshot.

Rep:
Level 88
So, has anybody tried this out yet? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts!

Rep:
Level 88
I'm starting to think that this thread should be moved.  :police:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I like the sound of the slightly older fashion gameplay. The facesets are pretty cool looking, might try this out.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 88
Hey, hey Rasse.

Did you every try this game out?