RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
17 year old shoots parents for taking away Halo 3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
http://kotaku.com/5110323/teen-shot-parents-because-they-took-away-halo-3
http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/12/boy_killed_mom_and_shot_dad_ov.html

Prosecutors at the murder trial of 17-year-old Daniel Petric claim that the teen shot both of his parents, killing his mother, because they wouldn't let him play Halo 3.

dear god.
after doing more reasarch, I doubt this game incident was the whole cause.
apparently he had a severe staph infection, caused by a snowboarding accident.
this can alter brain chemistry significantly, and may have been a very large factor. (to be confirmed)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 02:00:32 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
So wrong...  ;9

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
First, the guy's 17. Give him a break, the game isn't even that violent. The online games are filled with 10 year olds for christ sake. Their crappy parenting probably caused him to be mentally incapable of being denied anything, therefore causing him to be a rebel and buy the game anyways.

Second, what a fucking idiot. It's a fucking game, and he goes and shoots his mom over it? I hate the way he did it too. Forcing his parents to close their eyes, doing it execution style, and telling his sister not to come in. This kid is 17, and that's close enough to 18 for me. Give him the god damn death sentence, or at least life. No less.

This incident was the result of a bad mix of too much parenting pressure, and lack of any maturity in the guy at all. It really looks like everyone was at fault.

- -

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
keep in mind that staph infections injure nervous systems, and such brain chemistry, which could have messed with his head. (to be confirmed)

it doesn't help that the parents weren't smart enough to safety the gun, or keep the ammo separate either.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 02:00:19 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I like how the article tries to defame Halo 3 so much, calling it "the violent video game Halo 3" and even saying "sexually explicit." How is Halo 3 at all sexually explicit, it's like the biggest hetero man-boy elementary kid "we love violence and girls are gross" game out on the market.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I like how the article tries to defame Halo 3 so much, calling it "the violent video game Halo 3" and even saying "sexually explicit." How is Halo 3 at all sexually explicit, it's like the biggest hetero man-boy elementary kid "we love violence and girls are gross" game out on the market.

Spoiler for:

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
But nothing other than that.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
keep in mind that staph infections injure nervous systems, and such brain chemistry, which could have messed with his head.

Really? I'm no doctor, but I've never heard that. It's always been said that staph can cause brain related diseases if left untreated, like meningitis, but I've never heard that a staph infection can just alter brain chemistry. Nor can I find any information at all even suggesting anything like that. Even if it is true, it seems doubtful that it would have happened.
:tinysmile:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
My gosh :(
How could he do such a terrible thing...
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Really? I'm no doctor, but I've never heard that. It's always been said that staph can cause brain related diseases if left untreated, like meningitis, but I've never heard that a staph infection can just alter brain chemistry. Nor can I find any information at all even suggesting anything like that. Even if it is true, it seems doubtful that it would have happened.

hmm..well I'm quoting what I heard.  And causing a brain related disease does count as altering chemistry.  I wasn't talking about changing his thought process or something, but causing some form of change in the central nervous system and brain.  I'll have to do more research.  Thanks for pointing that out.