RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
XXXholic + Tsubasa

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Okay, you've heard me squealing about this one, so i shall put this on the table:

If you've never heard of CLAMP (fat chance) they are a group of women who make manga, including Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, Magic Knight Rayearth etc. Tsubasa and it's brother XXXholic are the end to cardcaptor sakura,  Tsubasa in particular is full of reference to the clamp universe. but don't judge it too quickly. They're both their own stories really.

Tsubasa is about Shaoran, a young archeologist in the land of clow. One day while in one of his exavations, his childhood friend princess sakura comes presumably to visit him when something happens that causes her to lose her memory. Shoran now must cross dimensions in order to recover it, while discovering dark secrets about his own past as well.

It sounds cheesy and i'm missing alot, but i love it, so don't question it  :mad:

XXXHolic is about Watanuki Kimiro, a high schooler who can see evil spirits that plague his every moment. One day he is mysteriously led to yuuko's shop, a shop that grants wishes to those who need it. In return for getting rid of the spirits, Watanuki works part time in yuuko's wish shop, where strange things seem to be a daily thing.

Yet again i'm not putting it quite right, but it's worth a look, especially for big Clamp fans (If there should be any in RMRK .-.) And even if you're not a clampophile these are great series on their own.

Some key differences between the anime and manga:

I haven't seen much of tsubasa, i've read all of the manga however and so far they seem to be at least relatively close together in terms of storyline, but XXXholic is another matter: One of Tsubasa's + XXXholic's main story points is the fact that they meld with each other constantly (Due to ideas of crossing to different dimensions and wish-granting) but in the XXXHolic anime the tsubasa world is cut off completely. For this reason alone i recommend that you pick up the manga first because many of the manga plotlines will not make sense if you watch the anime first. Also they smoke more pot or whatever in the anime. Don't do drugs, kids.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I'm thinking about collecting these. I like Clamp. Chobits was great. @.@ But you say they're the end to Cardcapter Sakura? Maybe I should look at that first then.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Lol, cardcaptor sakura was hilarious =O

To be honest, not very special, but i liked it okay.

But like i said before, even if it is the end to sakura most of it will still make sense, there's only a few subtle references scattered across the series (Excluding the fact the main characters are called "shaoran" and "sakura", that wasn't so subtle ._.)

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I just got done reading the 16 volumes of Tsubasa they had at a local library, and I learned how to draw a character in profile from it (lol, my pics look good enough now, but I have a lack of angles to draw at). I haven't read xxxHolic yet, mainly because my parents would freak when they saw the xxx in xxxHolic. Tsubasa was awesome, but I had 4 questions:
1. Is Princess Sakura from this story the same girl as in Cardcaptor?
2. Why is the title Tsubasa?
3. What was Saoran's problem in volume 16?
4. Would people look at me weird if they saw me checking out Cardcaptor Sakura at the library? It's shojo (and I'm a high school guy), and has a slightly girlish-looking cover, but I saw an AMV and I really wanna read it.

Fai is my favorite character :lol: he always looks so non-serious, and I love it when him and Makona team up on Kurogane . . . till volume 16, where it all changed. I got confused then ???.

I know I'm getting long-winded here, but is Chobits any good? I heard it was awesome and I like the art, so I just need another smart person's opinion. And if people are making games . . . they're smart.
Two-D programmers and high school freshmen share a common horror: the Z-axis.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I just got done reading the 16 volumes of Tsubasa they had at a local library, and I learned how to draw a character in profile from it (lol, my pics look good enough now, but I have a lack of angles to draw at). I haven't read xxxHolic yet, mainly because my parents would freak when they saw the xxx in xxxHolic. Tsubasa was awesome, but I had 4 questions:
1. Is Princess Sakura from this story the same girl as in Cardcaptor?
2. Why is the title Tsubasa?
3. What was Saoran's problem in volume 16?
4. Would people look at me weird if they saw me checking out Cardcaptor Sakura at the library? It's shojo (and I'm a high school guy), and has a slightly girlish-looking cover, but I saw an AMV and I really wanna read it.

Fai is my favorite character :lol: he always looks so non-serious, and I love it when him and Makona team up on Kurogane . . . till volume 16, where it all changed. I got confused then ???.

I know I'm getting long-winded here, but is Chobits any good? I heard it was awesome and I like the art, so I just need another smart person's opinion. And if people are making games . . . they're smart.

Alright, first of all, AWESOME! surprisingly, xxxholic has nothing much to do with drugs or explict things, although yuuko does smoke too much incense or pot or whatever  :mad:

1. The answer to that question is answered much later on with the series, but for now i'll say it's a mystery =O
2. In japanese, Tsubasa means "wings" which is very symbolic in Tsubasa and pretty much everywhere in clamp stuff, so um, that's why ^^;;
3. not sure which volume you're talking about, is volume 16 the one where they go to that dystopian tokyo and everyone starts acting real weird? If that is the case Shaoran is one weird fellow, and if i'm right that should be explained in volume 17 (I read it all on the internet V.V)
4. People tend to stare when you pick up comic books anyway, it is geared towards a younger audience but most avid manga fans have read that one by now so there really isn't much stopping you ;o;

Yes Fai or Fye or whatever the correct translation may be is also my favorite. All of that awesome packed into one character is probably illegal. It's a good thing it isn't. I'd recommend reading volume 16 again, it's easier to understand after reading that part a second time  >.>

As for Chobits, yes it is rather good but it has to be one of the most perverted CLAMP things i've ever read ._.;; I guess they couldn't help themselves, considering the series is about girl-looking appliance robots .-. At least it isn't as bad as some of the other things i've seen.

Alright i hope my opinion helps, and i hope i'm considered smart enough to answer your questions :V

You did. Thanks. And in the translation (official) I read, they spelled it Syaoran. I just read it again. I'm guessing the Internet translations are different than the actual comics.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Yes, there are lots of odd ways to translate japanese names, because after you've managed to translate the kanjis correctly you have to worry over what the actual name is, like in japan the name "sam" is spelled "samu" and certain sounds such as "v" "th" and "r" do not have a kanji or hirangana counterpart, making for some weird translations. A good example of this is the character "Lavi" from D. Gray Man: sometimes it is mistranslated as "Rabi" and also there is tons of debate over the correct translation of that vampire dudes name (personally i'm sure it's Aleister Crowly but the viz media guys insist on it being Arystar Krory)

This is the latest update on anime nerd info. Please tune in next time for odd, biased, and possibly incorrect information.

Just downloaded the first two manga of Chobits, and I like it. But the third one won't download onto my laptop, and it's the only computer I have that has Internet.

Rep:
Level 84
Live it up!
Holic and Tsubasa is perhaps one of the craziest manga I've read (not in a negative sense, mind you). What with the recent chapter of TRC, it really gave me a OMG moment when I read the 'truth'.

A lot of people are turned down by the manga since once you read it, you'll end up asking A LOT of questions that normally would have been answered in the next chapter or volume, but for TRC, you really would have to read through chapter upon chapter just to get the answer that you're looking for.  Still, I love it since this is the kind of plot/story that I like the most -- the unexpected ones.
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

My Blogsite