RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bank [VX]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
    Bank System
    Version: 3.0
    Author: Grafikal
    Creation Date: 12 - 15 - 2008
    Last Updated Date: 11 - 15 - 2009

Version History

• 3.0 [11/15/09] - Built basically the perfect loan system, complicated coding, but very simple to implement.
    • 2.1 [11/14/09] - redyugi fixed some issues with a Script Command Event allowing dynamic interest rates in-game
    • 2.0 [11/13/09] - Updated to RMRK Format
    • 1.1 [12/15/08] - Added Feature_ Interest Rates
    • 1.0 [12/15/08] - Initial Release

Description

A banking system for your gold. (Not to be confused as a banking system for your items.) Also includes a fully working Loan System where a player can borrow gold from the bank. Can withdraw up to 2 loans at any given time.

Features

• View your account
    • Deposit
    • Withdraw
    • Customizable Bank Account Interest Rates
    • Make up to 2 loans
    • Easily customize the Loan Rates

Planned Additional Features

• consequence system for not paying your loans.

Screenshots

Not really applicable.

Instructions

At the moment, all you need to do is copy the variables, switch, and common events into your own game. Then copy one of the banker map events from the demo into your game and the loan banker map event into your game. You can paste as many of those banker map events and loan banker map events as you want. Each bank map event starts up the banking processing. The Loan banker map event starts up a series of complex common events.

Credit

• grafikal - creating the entire system
    • redyugi - for correcting and creating the script commands, helping with decimals and some math in the Loan System

Support

Support can be dealt with here in this topic or you may PM me.

Author's Notes

Very easy event system. You're welcome to raid the Audio folder and use the Coins SFX in your game for free and no credits. Also, I included a small character sheet for above head banker icons. You'll notice it in the demo. Feel free to use those in your game as well, though you need to credit me, grafikal, if you do use it.

Variables Used

Variables: 543-555
    543: Input Gold (for depositing and withdrawing)
    544: Account Gold (how much gold is in your account)
    545: Interest Timer (compounding timer in common event)
    546: Interest Rate (used in storing the rate)
    547: Memory (used just for doing some math)
    548: Money stored for Loan 1
    549: Money stored for Loan 2
    550: Max amount of money to make a loan in slot 1
    551: Max amount of money to make a loan in slot 2
    552: Max loan rates in slot 1
    553: Max loan rates in slot 2
    554: Repay Loan rates in slot 1
    555: Repay Loan rates in slot 2

Switches Used

Switches: 851-853

851: Turns on the use of interest rates.
    852: Loan Out 1 - checks if you have made a loan in slot 1
    853: Loan Out 2 - checks if you have made a loan in slot 2

Common Events Used

Common Events: 312-318

312: It's the timer that loops for your interest rates.
    313: It's the processes for making a loan in slot 1
    314: It's the processes for making a loan in slot 2
    315: Processes for paying back the loan in slot 1
    316: Processes for paying back the loan in slot 2
    317: (not necessary) Eye candy for explaining the loan system. Picture events.
    318: (necessary unless not using common event 317) Corresponds with Common event 317.

Demo

Demo is attached[/list]
    « Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 10:35:30 PM by grafikal »

Rep:
    Level 83
    Apprentice Mapper
      i know this is an older (year old) post but im useing htis system...
    an its geniuse! it kinda makes me think, why didnt i think of that, lol.. thanks!
    Im a RPG Maker Vetren, ive used 2K, 2K3, RMXP, and RMVX, I have my likes and dislikes with them all.

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    No prob. You're welcome.

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    Updated demo to RMRK+ Format

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    Another update, 2.1.

redyugi fixed some Script Event Command to allow for decimals and a better use of Interest Rates. Interest rates are now able to be dynamic. You're not limited to having a single interest rate throughout your entire game without major modifications. It's now simple as changing the value of 1 variable to change the interest rates dynamically.

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    3.0 Update
    Implemented a sweet ass loan system. Instructions are drooling from the comments in the event system. redyugi really helped out.

Rep:
    Level 83
    This is a big file. lol. I downloading now (due to my need of a bank system). I'll report back any problems or possible updates. Nice job, grafikal

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    Yeah it's a little large because of the image files I used in it. There's a little eye candy for the the explanation of how to use the Loans in the demo, I would suggest playing the demo before looking at the code. It's more fun that way lol, or at least test playing.

Rep:
    Level 83
    Haha. Thats nice. I did like the nice picture tutorial.

A couple suggestions
    1)for every so often, the loan collects interest. EX. every 10 mins, 2% of the loan is added on. A $500 loan would gain 10, then another 10, another 10, then 11. You get the picture.
    2)Make a checking account. Or give the player a few checks, that calls a common event that would give the player money, based on how much they have in their account. EX. Player has 500 in account. He writes a check for 200. Gets 200. EX 2. Player has 500. Writes check for 600. Gets no money, and -100 from account due to over withdrawal fees.

Rep:
    Level 83
    I second what Kipe said.

There is a spelling error. You have "Withdrawl" but its actually "Withdrawal"

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    Nice finds, those seem easy to fix. I'll do those a little later, thanks for the comments =)