RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Woodcutting & Mining Profession [VX]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
    Woodcutting & Mining Professions
    Version: 1.1
    Author: Grafikal006
    First Release Date: 12 - 11 - 2008
    Last Updated Date: 10 - 31 - 2009

Version History

• 1.0 [12/11/08] - Initial Release
    • 1.1 [10/31/09] - Updated to RMRK+ Format, included Experience Journal

Description

Shows you how to set up simple Woodcutting and Mining events each with unique respawn timers and relavent exp.

Features

• Very easy setup
    • Can set unique respawn timer for every event
    • Can set unique exp gain for every event
    • An experience journal to keep track of your profession EXP

Planned Additional Features

• Nothing at the moment.

Screenshots

Not really applicable unless I catch it in mid mine or mid woodcut.

Instructions

There are detailed comments in each event. Every tree event has the same comments, similarly, the mine events all have the same comments.

Credit

• Grafikal

Support

Support can be dealt with here in this topic or you may PM me.

Author's Notes

In the demo I used trees in bulk and mines in bulk. However, in real games, having so many trees (in the same area) can induce lag. So just be careful how many you add.

Variables Used

Variables: 248-250
    0533: Checking if chop/mine was successful
    0534: Tracking Mining EXP
    0535: Tracking Woodcutting EXP

Switches Used

Switches: None

Common Events Used

Common Events:
    302: Experience Journal Common Event

Demo

Demo is attached[/list]
    « Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 12:02:29 AM by Kuja »

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    updated for rmrk+

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
    Rep:
    Level 85
    I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
    2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
    How did I not notice this before? This looks really nice, I may have to use this!

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    Lol, I'd be honored if you did.

There's a copy of this event system somewhere in here that a guy added a level system too. Not too difficult, I think he just added 1 more variable to print a Level or Rank number based on the EXP variable in this. Like if 150 EXP, then Level 3 would be printed some place. It's why I added an EXP Journal into this demo except it only tracks the EXP. No levels implemented. I figure I didn't need to when the other guy kind of already did it.

If you do plan on using this, I'd be glad to make a character sheet for you to use for the trees. I know you don't use a lot of RTP, so I might need some of your trees if you do lol.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
    RMRK Junior
    This is really nice done i love it!
    but it sucks that the frames can't go higher then 999 :(:(
    do you guys know a Timer Script that can have a Large time wait? like 10mins ? XD

nvm I found out just putting 2 timers.. Example: 600 Framse, 600 Framse = 20 sec ... .. sorry :P
    « Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:46:46 PM by Dimosthennis »
    MrD

Resource Artist
    Rep:
    Level 94
    \\\\\
    Do it in conjunction with a loop command and variables. Set it to run 900 frames (or whatever you want), then when it reaches 900 add 1 to a variable. Create this inside of a conditional branch that is constantly checking what that variable's value is. So if the value is equal to 2, then the timer has reached 1800 frames. If the value of the variable is 10, then the timer has reached 9000 frames. So if you want more frames used, change the conditional to check for a higher value, etc.

In VX, 60 frames = 1 second. So, 1 minute = 3600 frames, 10 minutes = 36000 frames. With this, let's pick 500 frames (for our example from above) and use that. If the value of our variable is 1, then 500 frames has passed. If the value of our variable is 72, then 36000 frames has passed. Therefore, you set the conditional branch to check when your variable is equal to 72, when this is true, your condition will occur. Don't forget though that when this condition is true, to reset the variable to 0 and turn the event off so that the timer stops.

Edit: Oh, you edited your message just before I posted this. lol

RMRK Junior
    lol :P
    I did not know the switch to Dubble the time. Thanks alot!
    I am haveing less trubble with the events! :D
    Btw do you know anything about the Specail Actor setting to controll that with an event?
    For an example: I chose A class Assassin, then you should get Two Sword Style. I tryed useing some Script Comments but i failed Pretty hard o.o'
    (I think I am asking too much from you :P)
    Thanks!
    MrD

RMRK Junior
    I might have a problem with the timer :/
    For some reason in-game after I mined/cut an ore/tree and go to a Diffrent map. and come back after 1min the reasours has not Spown at all.
    forsome reason it resets the timer to 0 and counts all of it again.
    an example: we have Map1 and Map2   on Map1 is a Ore that has a respown timer on 600Freams, I mine that ore. and go to Map2. after 1 min i go back to Map1
    to check on the ore and it did not spown.i hade to wait 1 more min till it spowns.
    seems that it restarts the timer when Switching maps .
    Is there a way to get this diffrent?
    MrD